European Second Referendum

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

In or Out

IN (including all the rules and all the costs including increased costs).
44%
OUT (including a proper No Deal Brexit with no payment to the EU at all, and no more rule taking).
44%
MAY-be: or are you one of her followers?
13%

Total votes: 16

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:05 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:08 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:29 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:57 pm
The EMA has gone mate. Doors shut a couple of weeks ago. For right or wrong it legally has to be in the EU and planning took most of the last 2 years. Given we're supposed to be out in a couple of weeks it meant they had to shift before we left.

Feel sorry for some of my old colleagues who had to leave their jobs because for family reasons they couldn't move. Also some of the guys that used to work for me as contractors who have lost their jobs.
Which only makes it more frustrating that we are still in the organisation, seemingly forever.
Well, folk keep voting for the Tories and Labour despite the absence of evidence of competence on both parts...
Because our first last the post system of representation is heavily weighted to favour the two main established parties. It’s inadequate and needs changing. Thankfully the one good of Brexit has been to highlight that fact to the population of this country.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:59 pm

Enoch wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:13 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
The EMA has gone mate. Doors shut a couple of weeks ago. For right or wrong it legally has to be in the EU and planning took most of the last 2 years. Given we're supposed to be out in a couple of weeks it meant they had to shift before we left.

Feel sorry for some of my old colleagues who had to leave their jobs because for family reasons they couldn't move. Also some of the guys that used to work for me as contractors who have lost their jobs.
Which only makes it more frustrating that we are still in the organisation, seemingly forever.
Well, folk keep voting for the Tories and Labour despite the absence of evidence of competence on both parts...
Is ik ok to vote for the least incompetent?
There are other parties to vote for, folk just need to stop thinking they are a wasted vote.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:20 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:59 pm
Enoch wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

There are other parties to vote for, folk just need to stop thinking they are a wasted vote.
Indeed there are AT. But, if you don't mind me saying, they are all as equally unappetising. UKIP, SNP, UDP, Plaid Cymru, the Greens, BNP, the Raving Monster Loony Party...
None of them make for compelling voting. Most are unavailable in a constituency near you.
I had the choice of seven candidates from seven different parties for six seats on our parish council - true nutcase democracy at work there. None got more than two percent of the available electorate vote.
My choice for MP was limited to five candidates - not one fully or truly represented what I wanted.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:13 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:20 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Indeed there are AT. But, if you don't mind me saying, they are all as equally unappetising. UKIP, SNP, UDP, Plaid Cymru, the Greens, BNP, the Raving Monster Loony Party...
None of them make for compelling voting. Most are unavailable in a constituency near you.
I had the choice of seven candidates from seven different parties for six seats on our parish council - true nutcase democracy at work there. None got more than two percent of the available electorate vote.
My choice for MP was limited to five candidates - not one fully or truly represented what I wanted.
Now retired Spots, you could stand yourself?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:10 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:13 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Now retired Spots, you could stand yourself?
Strangely enough, I've applied to be a candidate for the Brexit Party.
Not heard anything back from them since though. :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:22 pm

I'm being told we are mere hours away from a comprehensive trade deal with Canada.
Canada.
That country that Worthy quoted as being at least Seven Years away from agreeing a trade deal with after we left the EU.
We haven't even left yet. More Remainer Bullshit.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:43 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I hear you. You're unlikely to find one that truly represents, but some are likely to be closer than others. Certainly a lot closer than essentially sticking a red or blue rosette on a rocking horse and folk still voting for it.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:08 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:43 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I hear you. You're unlikely to find one that truly represents, but some are likely to be closer than others. Certainly a lot closer than essentially sticking a red or blue rosette on a rocking horse and folk still voting for it.
I agree. The main problem is though, AT, that most people really do feel more akin to voting for a rosette. Basically, without putting tooooo fine a point on it, humans are tribal.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:58 am

I'm really glad we've got our sovereignty and control back. We definitely haven't just been humiliated by the EU leaders who in absence of any plan from our PM and after describing her performance at the meeting as "dreadful" concocted a plan B for the country without her and forced it on us.

Its really reassuring to know that we'll be leaving the grown up heavyweight table to squabble among ourselves like the petulant child we really have become.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:58 am
I'm really glad we've got our sovereignty and control back. We definitely haven't just been humiliated by the EU leaders who in absence of any plan from our PM and after describing her performance at the meeting as "dreadful" concocted a plan B for the country without her and forced it on us.

Its really reassuring to know that we'll be leaving the grown up heavyweight table to squabble among ourselves like the petulant child we really have become.
Why do I get the feeling you are absolutely loving it?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:58 am

:shock:
(Were you pouting when you wrote that).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:51 am

For Gods sake let's have a GE, deselect traitors to their parties on all sides (after all they were elected last time on leave the EU manifestos) and get on with life. My own opinion of the EU has not changed (except reinforced due to their attitudes) but the jokers elected to supposedly leave are costing the UK hundreds of millions by their childish antics. Democracy my arse, you were elected as a party member to leave not to do what you personally think and as for that idiot PM (whose judgement in allowing certain remainiacs like Hammond and Rudderless to be in the cabinet) the sooner she is toast, the better.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:25 pm

At the onset of voting I was a little confused, uncertain, but it would probably all become clear eventually. "Eventually" is a very long way away it seems. ......Is everybody going to change their minds now? A question which makes the public seem as confused as the politicians....if that's possible....Is anybody actually running this country, or has Parliament ( and its huge amount of well-paid members) become as privatised as the Transport, Gas and Electric boards etc, run by shareholder companies only interested in profits?

My mother (R.I.P) would have said " The answer's a lemon !" :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:50 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:25 pm
At the onset of voting I was a little confused, uncertain, but it would probably all become clear eventually. "Eventually" is a very long way away it seems. ......Is everybody going to change their minds now? A question which makes the public seem as confused as the politicians....if that's possible....Is anybody actually running this country, or has Parliament ( and its huge amount of well-paid members) become as privatised as the Transport, Gas and Electric boards etc, run by shareholder companies only interested in profits?

My mother (R.I.P) would have said " The answer's a lemon !" :|
Your mother was right. I'll be changing my name by deed poll to Leonard Lemon and standing for the Brexit Party at the next election.
My slogan will be you can squeeze me 'till the pips squeak but I'll still be too sour for some.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Theresa May has a simple way of re-garnering support.
Start wearing a headscarf. Preferably one that wraps around under her chin and back around the nape of her neck. It could have a frilly border composed of union jack's just to show how "with it" she is, and of course needs to be woven from Indian cotton, but have an Italian label.

(But for Christ's sake don't wear it in Africa, otherwise she'll lose David Lammy's support, and she needs all the Labour votes she can get).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:36 pm

I wonder if the folk of Mozambique give a toss how their help is garnered.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:52 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:36 pm
I wonder if the folk of Mozambique give a toss how their help is garnered.
David Lammy has an opinion on that. Unfortunately he's also a member of parliament, so his opinion counts more than mine.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:27 pm

For peep show fans....Brexit is Project Zeus. Any second now May is going to stand up, say it just doesn’t work then pretend to have brain cancer.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:27 pm
For peep show fans....Brexit is Project Zeus. Any second now May is going to stand up, say it just doesn’t work then pretends
The cancer bit is uncalled for mate

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:36 am

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:20 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:27 pm
For peep show fans....Brexit is Project Zeus. Any second now May is going to stand up, say it just doesn’t work then pretends
The cancer bit is uncalled for mate
I'm referring to an episode of peep show. Mate.