European Second Referendum

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply

In or Out

IN (including all the rules and all the costs including increased costs).
7
44%
OUT (including a proper No Deal Brexit with no payment to the EU at all, and no more rule taking).
7
44%
MAY-be: or are you one of her followers?
2
13%
 
Total votes: 16

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12557
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by Hoboh » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:56 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:31 pm
Rumour has it the 1922 committee are visiting downing street to tell May to go.
Alas, it seems they didn't. :roll:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12557
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by Hoboh » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:02 pm

MPs have voted in favour of the Cooper-Letwin bill, which requires the prime minister to seek an extension to article 50, thus staving off the prospect of the UK crashing out of the EU with no deal by accident.

They voted to accept the final Lords amendment by 390 votes to 81 – a majority of 309.
Looks about what was expected given I have always believed there to be about 400 remaniac MP's, so nothing new in this pointless exercise, after all these loons cannot pass anything to force the EU to grant it, just shows how the interests of the few weigh more than the interests of the many who elected them.

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12676
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:14 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:02 pm
MPs have voted in favour of the Cooper-Letwin bill, which requires the prime minister to seek an extension to article 50, thus staving off the prospect of the UK crashing out of the EU with no deal by accident.

They voted to accept the final Lords amendment by 390 votes to 81 – a majority of 309.
Looks about what was expected given I have always believed there to be about 400 remaniac MP's, so nothing new in this pointless exercise, after all these loons cannot pass anything to force the EU to grant it, just shows how the interests of the few weigh more than the interests of the many who elected them.
Enoch pretty much nailed it with the Gettysburg address.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12557
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by Hoboh » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:46 am

May was in such a hurry to get down on all fours she arrived early for her meeting with Merkel and had to be dragged back out for the official photo, incompetence to a tee.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12557
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by Hoboh » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:01 pm

Wow who would have guessed Hammond was a closet Marxist.
Philip Hammond, the chancellor, and John McDonnell, his Labour opposite number, are joining the cross-party talks today intended to find a Brexit compromise acceptable to the government and Labour. Both sides are having lunch together later, Downing Street said.
Traitor.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25407
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:49 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:01 pm
Wow who would have guessed Hammond was a closet Marxist.
Philip Hammond, the chancellor, and John McDonnell, his Labour opposite number, are joining the cross-party talks today intended to find a Brexit compromise acceptable to the government and Labour. Both sides are having lunch together later, Downing Street said.
Traitor.
Its part of formal talks to try and agree a Brexit deal, to you know, Brexit. I thought you wanted to Brexit.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19779
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by Prufrock » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:52 pm

People calling their political opponents 'traitors' makes me want to chew my arm off in embarrassment.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3980
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by Enoch » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:02 pm

But then you'd never get a game on Saturdays.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19779
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by Prufrock » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:01 pm

That's where you're wrong, one of the joys of being the captain!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:49 pm

Downing Street put out this statement today:

The prime minister met with German chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin this afternoon for a slap up meal (paid for by you).

Ahead of EU council tomorrow, the leaders discussed the UK’s request for an extension of article 50 to June 30 with the option to bring this forward if a deal is ratified earlier.

The prime minister waffled on and on and fxcking on and updated chancellor Merkel on the ongoing discussions with the opposition.

Merkel stated that the British have a very good sense of humour (and, while winking wildly, proclaimed "Don't mention ze vor").

The leaders agreed on the importance of each other.

The leaders also discussed the ongoing situations in Yemen and Libya and agreed they'd like to bomb the fxckers but were constrained by their mutual and inglorious history in starting any of that shit up again.

Angela offered Theresa dessert, but Theresa needed to skedaddle in order to be on time to lap up some shit pudding served up by Macron.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:04 pm

That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25407
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:04 pm
Why Labour and Corbyn are wrong...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... article-50
Given he's not even managed to hit half of his trade deal target, one he described as "no problem" I think we should instantly disregard anything this blithering idiot has to say about trade deals.

And a significant benefit of staying in the Customs Union or agreeing a new one would be we could benefit from the bilateral deals that feck* is failing to agree rollovers for. In fact we could sack him.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:11 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:04 pm
Why Labour and Corbyn are wrong...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... article-50
Given he's not even managed to hit half of his trade deal target, one he described as "no problem" I think we should instantly disregard anything this blithering idiot has to say about trade deals.

And a significant benefit of staying in the Customs Union or agreeing a new one would be we could benefit from the bilateral deals that feck* is failing to agree rollovers for. In fact we could sack him.
Blahh blahh blah
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25407
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:15 pm

Betty Boothroyd hitting those right hooks...

"Nobody voted for this mess... I blame the charlatans who peddled the falsehoods that [Brexit] would be easy. I wouldn't trust them to run my bath, let alone the country"

Preach it sister. Spot fecking on.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:39 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:15 pm
Betty Boothroyd hitting those right hooks...

"Nobody voted for this mess... I blame the charlatans who peddled the falsehoods that [Brexit] would be easy. I wouldn't trust them to run my bath, let alone the country"

Preach it sister. Spot fecking on.
Blah blah blah blah....
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12557
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by Hoboh » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:43 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:52 pm
People calling their political opponents 'traitors' makes me want to chew my arm off in embarrassment.
Always had you down as an armless lad no need to confirm it :D

Anyways the bloke is a traitor to the Tories
sitting down to talks with a self admited Marxist.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12557
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by Hoboh » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:15 pm
Betty Boothroyd hitting those right hooks...

"Nobody voted for this mess... I blame the charlatans who peddled the falsehoods that [Brexit] would be easy. I wouldn't trust them to run my bath, let alone the country"

Preach it sister. Spot fecking on.
'Kin he'll who you going to dig up next to support your pathetic little superior I must be right about everything and everyone else wrong hissy fits?
The referendum was a simple leave/stay and you and the London wailers lost even though you all went into it dead cocky you were going to waltz it.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12557
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by Hoboh » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:58 pm

I'd be extremely worried if i lived in any of the Baltic states when the Federalists get their own army, Just think best units and cash going to the EU army at the cost of NATO, good excuse for Trump to pull out and an even better one for Vlad to expand his empire. Would you trust the Germans and French to go ti war to protect you? Not me.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12557
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by Hoboh » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:33 pm


Enoch
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3980
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: European Second Referendum

Post by Enoch » Thu May 09, 2019 1:08 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:52 pm
People calling their political opponents 'traitors' makes me want to chew my arm off in embarrassment.

How are you with "village idiots"?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest