So, who's pretending....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

So, who's pretending....

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:46 pm

they haven't been watching Strictly ...Come on, admit it.... :mrgreen:
Ashley Roberts to win with Stacey and Faye in the final.......do I hear the sound of silence..? :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: So, who's pretending....

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:28 pm

I may look up from my paper occasionally while the good lady is watching it :oops:

And I agree. Ashley to win surely? She's been the best since day 1.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:16 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:28 pm
I may look up from my paper occasionally while the good lady is watching it :oops:
And I agree. Ashley to win surely? She's been the best since day 1.
Ha, the great British public seem to be doing their best, despite that, to get her out Harry. She's been in the dance off the last two weeks and got through ....Still the best for me though.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:15 am

She’s clearly the best. It’s just the Strictly voters don’t seem to be warming to an American professional dancer coming over and beating our own celebreties.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:26 am

jimbo wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:15 am
She’s clearly the best. It’s just the Strictly voters don’t seem to be warming to an American professional dancer coming over and beating our own celebreties.
By her own admission she studied Jazz and Pop but had no experience whatsoever of ballroom and latin dance (what Strictly is all about). In that, she started with the rest. Worry not, the public vote always wins in the end. Many a celebrity has won who wasn't the best dancer..Keep dancing.. :wink:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:13 pm

I'm not pretending. Haven't seen any of it.
Currently I'm watching three programs on a regular basis: University Challenge, Only Connect, and the Apprentice. And still waiting for the last of GoT.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:17 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:13 pm
Currently I'm watching three programs on a regular basis: University Challenge, Only Connect, and the Apprentice. And still waiting for the last of GoT.
Guilty pleasure of mine too. But the show has gone downhill in recent series don't you think? Less about business more about Sugar trying to publicise "personalities". The idea I think was to make it more "entertaining". Sadly I think it's done the opposite.

As for GoT - why they've made us wait so long is beyond me. Again feels like they've let the momentum drip away.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:17 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Guilty pleasure of mine too. But the show has gone downhill in recent series don't you think? Less about business more about Sugar trying to publicise "personalities". The idea I think was to make it more "entertaining". Sadly I think it's done the opposite.

As for GoT - why they've made us wait so long is beyond me. Again feels like they've let the momentum drip away.
I'm not sure it's gone downhill particularly. In fact Sugar seems to be ridding potential characters quite early, I think. I thought the nadir of the series's was the one when the Badger won it (or came second, I can't remember). I also think that the two assistants, Karen and Clyde/Clive/whatsisname are superior to Nick et Al.

As for GoT, I hear the filming is going well. So well that they're having difficulty in editing it down. Plus Mr Martin shoulda finished the book by now, but has launched into the prequel instead, and there sre apparently legal issues surrounding the tie up between film series end and book series end that cannot be resolved until the book's ending is at least confirmed in a draft - which has failed to materialise. Hence the long wait
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:31 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I'm not sure it's gone downhill particularly. In fact Sugar seems to be ridding potential characters quite early, I think. I thought the nadir of the series's was the one when the Badger won it (or came second, I can't remember). I also think that the two assistants, Karen and Clyde/Clive/whatsisname are superior to Nick et Al.

As for GoT, I hear the filming is going well. So well that they're having difficulty in editing it down. Plus Mr Martin shoulda finished the book by now, but has launched into the prequel instead, and there sre apparently legal issues surrounding the tie up between film series end and book series end that cannot be resolved until the book's ending is at least confirmed in a draft - which has failed to materialise. Hence the long wait
A very long wait for GoT. Winter is no longer coming but is here in Montreal. My boys have figured out the ending in a way that makes sense - they'll sent it to the author at no cost to speed things up.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:28 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:02 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:31 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

A very long wait for GoT. Winter is no longer coming but is here in Montreal. My boys have figured out the ending in a way that makes sense - they'll sent it to the author at no cost to speed things up.
You are correct, Winter is no longer coming. It will be bloody Spring soon.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.