Electric Cars.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: Electric Cars.

Post by Enoch » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:04 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:16 pm
Enoch wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:50 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:46 pm
Enoch wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:32 pm
Hope it pans out for you, I fancy it would pay dividends.

For sure prices, availability and charging issues will improve but how long does one wait?

I might have an old Moulton somewhere you could use for the commute!
:D Cheers. However, my commuting days are over. Retired but not yet a pensioner. Unemployed but not seeking a job... made redundant, but had to fight them to give it me
I meant from t' front door to charging point!
He can get an e-bicycle for that :wink:
Or as Tango might say,

Eeh by cycle!

:wink:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Just got home to this morning's post which includes quote for electric installation. £7,855. fxck that. Electric cars can wait 'til a future date that includes grants or cash in bribes... Pity really, I actually quite like the Tesla S.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:59 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:43 pm
Just got home to this morning's post which includes quote for electric installation. £7,855. fxck that. Electric cars can wait 'til a future date that includes grants or cash in bribes... Pity really, I actually quite like the Tesla S.
I did warn you that if you tried it you would really want one. :wink: Other cars are not quite the same somehow.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:13 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:59 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
I did warn you that if you tried it you would really want one. :wink: Other cars are not quite the same somehow.
You were right. I just can't afford the outlay, sadly.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:18 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:13 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
'tis a bugger.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:31 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:18 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:13 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
'tis a bugger.
If I were a resident of an inner city or resident within the north/south circular of London, the decision would have been almost automatic to go for it. Sadly, rural living does impose less ecologically rightful whilst economically wrongful decision making inevitable.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:07 pm

Model 3 available for a smidge over £26,000.

Think I'll order mine this week.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:44 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:07 pm

It doesn't have the range, speed or acceleration of the Model S. And production is a bit delayed I believe. But they are setting up to order online and closing some dealerships.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:10 pm

Got an email this morning (working on a Sunday!) telling me the price has dropped by £37,500.
Fxcking good job I didn't buy one last month.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:05 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:10 pm
Got an email this morning (working on a Sunday!) telling me the price has dropped by £37,500.
Fxcking good job I didn't buy one last month.
Aye, your reply to the dealership and the resulting court case would have been something to behold Spots... :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:51 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:44 pm
Enoch wrote:

It doesn't have the range, speed or acceleration of the Model S. And production is a bit delayed I believe. But they are setting up to order online and closing some dealerships.

Five and a half seconds nought to sixty, hundred and thirty top end and a range of between two and three hundred miles.

Do me for popping down the shops.

More than that, I haven't been able to find one negative comment regard the little buggers. Quite the opposite in fact, excellent reviews from all correspondents.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:16 pm

My local authority, a district council, has said I'm possibly in line for a grant worth £2,500 for installation of a charging point. If I make it publicly accessible (on a chargeable basis) it could be as high as £4,000.

That's more than £40,000 saving in less than six weeks. We are seriously reconsidering. The major obstacles are now paperwork, timescales, and import options. (Brexit doesn't even feature).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:20 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:16 pm
My local authority, a district council, has said I'm possibly in line for a grant worth £2,500 for installation of a charging point. If I make it publicly accessible (on a chargeable basis) it could be as high as £4,000.

That's more than £40,000 saving in less than six weeks. We are seriously reconsidering. The major obstacles are now paperwork, timescales, and import options. (Brexit doesn't even feature).
The wife has just said... "Go for it". How can I resist.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:53 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:51 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Enoch wrote:

Five and a half seconds nought to sixty, hundred and thirty top end and a range of between two and three hundred miles.

More than that, I haven't been able to find one negative comment regard the little buggers. Quite the opposite in fact, excellent reviews from all correspondents.
Don't get me wrong, Enoch - Tesla's are by far the best of the electric cars and I'm a fan. Indeed I recommended to Spotty that he try it out and would never feel the same about other cars. There are two versions of the model S and I think the pricing does not refer to the long range version. However, in the UK 200 miles is likely more than enough. In Canada it might not get you to the nearest city. :wink:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:31 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:53 pm
Enoch wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Enoch wrote:

Don't get me wrong, Enoch - Tesla's are by far the best of the electric cars and I'm a fan. Indeed I recommended to Spotty that he try it out and would never feel the same about other cars. There are two versions of the model S and I think the pricing does not refer to the long range version. However, in the UK 200 miles is likely more than enough. In Canada it might not get you to the nearest city. :wink:

The joys of wide open spaces, Monty.

Come May that range will comfortably take me out of the UK, into the EU and back home again, without need of a charge point.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:15 am

Enoch wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:31 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:53 pm
Enoch wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Enoch wrote:

The joys of wide open spaces, Monty.

Come May that range will comfortably take me out of the UK, into the EU and back home again, without need of a charge point.
Not all of us live in Kent... :wink: It is 1300 miles from one side of Ontario to the other (mind you, it is our second largest province, being two thirds the area of Quebec).

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:46 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:15 am
Not all of us live in Kent... :wink: It is 1300 miles from one side of Ontario to the other (mind you, it is our second largest province, being two thirds the area of Quebec).
I can't begin to imagine the scale of Canada's wilderness. I thought it pretty bleak when I walked across Dartmoor a few years back. Lord only knows what drove those early settlers to wander off into the territories. Guess there are still places you could be best part of a thousand miles from the nearest human?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:36 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:46 am
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
I can't begin to imagine the scale of Canada's wilderness. I thought it pretty bleak when I walked across Dartmoor a few years back. Lord only knows what drove those early settlers to wander off into the territories. Guess there are still places you could be best part of a thousand miles from the nearest human?
Those days are long gone, Enoch. I have a friend (Claire) who moved to a log cabin in Yukon seventeen years ago. Her nearest neighbour then was over one hundred and fifty miles away. Now she has three neighbours within twenty miles: one of them flies in over her cabin regularly, and another quite often disturbs her peace by blowing rock formations up. Fxcking neighbours, eh!?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:39 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:36 pm
Enoch wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Those days are long gone, Enoch. I have a friend (Claire) who moved to a log cabin in Yukon seventeen years ago. Her nearest neighbour then was over one hundred and fifty miles away. Now she has three neighbours within twenty miles: one of them flies in over her cabin regularly, and another quite often disturbs her peace by blowing rock formations up. Fxcking neighbours, eh!?
Claire, by the way, has twelve huskies/border collies and a Harley. She recommends them as being far superior to anything Mr Musk could provide.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:54 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:39 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:36 pm
Enoch wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Claire, by the way, has twelve huskies/border collies and a Harley. She recommends them as being far superior to anything Mr Musk could provide.
Assuming she doesn't have designs on going to the moon.