News stories that make you think, or not...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: News stories that make you think, or not...

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:42 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:58 pm
How about "Mother of all legal rows for transman and his baby"
There once was a woman. She took legal steps to become a man. Her female biology was retained but she got given a certificate that made her a him in law. Ten days after receiving his gender recognition certificate, the newly forged bloke went to a fertility clinic and got pregnant through a sperm donor.
The thing gave birth to a child. It was recorded on the birth certificate as the mother. It's going to court to get itself declared the father, which would make the child the first under British law without a mother.
Just get to fxck, eh, silly cxnt.
The above is a true story, not a fairy tale
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:22 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:58 pm
How about "Mother of all legal rows for transman and his baby"
There once was a woman. She took legal steps to become a man. Her female biology was retained but she got given a certificate that made her a him in law. Ten days after receiving his gender recognition certificate, the newly forged bloke went to a fertility clinic and got pregnant through a sperm donor.
The thing gave birth to a child. It was recorded on the birth certificate as the mother. It's going to court to get itself declared the father, which would make the child the first under British law without a mother.
Just get to fxck, eh, silly cxnt.
No need to go to court and involve expense etc, there must still be a ducking stool somewhere?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:48 pm

"Expanding Pill fills void in battle against obesity".

A pill call Plenity will soon be available, which contains hundreds of gel particles made of cellulose and citric acid with no calorific value, and which break down naturally in the gut, that in the stomach swell to a hundred times their volume once swallowed. The obese are enjoined to take three Plenity pills with a glass of water before a meal... All very well and good. Just wait for the reaction when the first teenage girl anorexic dies from a diet of Plenity some time next year...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:51 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:48 pm
"Expanding Pill fills void in battle against obesity".

A pill call Plenity will soon be available, which contains hundreds of gel particles made of cellulose and citric acid with no calorific value, and which break down naturally in the gut, that in the stomach swell to a hundred times their volume once swallowed. The obese are enjoined to take three Plenity pills with a glass of water before a meal... All very well and good. Just wait for the reaction when the first teenage girl anorexic dies from a diet of Plenity some time next year...
Just sucking up to weak willed flakes Spots, it's the way of today's world mate.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:29 pm

From a photograph of a painting in a Wikipedia article on Robert the Bruce of Scotland:

Bruce reading stories to his followers; from a 19th-century Scottish history book...?? :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 02, 2019 6:43 pm

Pensioner who defended himself, his wife and his home by stabbing to death some scumbag and professional criminal, and subsequently forced out of his home by death threats from the scumbag's extended scumbag tribe, is found not guilty of any crime
And yet the media (TV, newspaper, internet) continue to use a photo of the pensioner holding two pints of Guinness. Fxcking libellous I'd call that. If I were him, I'd start suing.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 04, 2019 12:15 pm

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat May 04, 2019 1:29 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 12:15 pm
Madness....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8992049/p ... er-debate/
Total fxcking madness...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 04, 2019 2:28 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 1:29 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 12:15 pm
Madness....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8992049/p ... er-debate/
Total fxcking madness...
What amazes me is that the kids have no say/indications or preferences to just let nature or normality take its course in their lives. All these mind-boggling decisions are made by adults, usually I've noticed by those supposedly just wanting to be left to be recognised and go their own way, the great "equality" mandate, yet really preaching conversion to their own leanings. How to confuse kids and screw their heads up in one easy lesson by change the-world cranks. Yes, "cranks" is what I said!. I can remember having this argument several years ago, and on this forum, about not having boys and girls toy sections in stores. Kids had always been happy enough to charge off to their own preferred sections, yet it was the parents who wanted change and to mix dolls up with Meccano sets. The kids weren't confused or unhappy about anything,as I saw it; as ever, it was the parents.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun May 05, 2019 8:44 am

Yeah that story does seem like a shift too far, but I do think the general change towards removing gender stereotyping among children is a good thing. The toy issue you mention is a good example and I dispute the notion that everyone was always happy going to the section of the toy shop they wanted to.

When I was 5 or 6 I wouldn’t be seen dead playing with anything perceived to be a ‘girls’ toy and wouldn’t go near anything pink. There was a boy in our class at school who got bullied because he went to dance classes ffs. There will have undoubtably been others who would have been happier playing with Wendy houses or dolls, but would have felt ashamed to, or avoided it altogether given society had labelled them as ‘girls’ toys and they had to go to a different section of the toy shop to buy them.

There was also the issue of gender stereotyping job roles seen in children’s toys. The doctors, builders and police sets being in the boys section and the nurses, toy kitchens etc being in the girls.

It can only be a positive that we’re removing these ideas that become so ingrained at a young age. My boy is 22months old and I love his shear joy at playing with whatever he wants to, be it his toy kitchen, his footballs, building blocks or his little baby doll. I’d hate it if at some point society gave him the impression that something he loved was in some way wrong.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 05, 2019 11:25 am

jimbo wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:44 am
Yeah that story does seem like a shift too far, but I do think the general change towards removing gender stereotyping among children is a good thing. The toy issue you mention is a good example and I dispute the notion that everyone was always happy going to the section of the toy shop they wanted to.

When I was 5 or 6 I wouldn’t be seen dead playing with anything perceived to be a ‘girls’ toy and wouldn’t go near anything pink. There was a boy in our class at school who got bullied because he went to dance classes ffs. There will have undoubtably been others who would have been happier playing with Wendy houses or dolls, but would have felt ashamed to, or avoided it altogether given society had labelled them as ‘girls’ toys and they had to go to a different section of the toy shop to buy them.

There was also the issue of gender stereotyping job roles seen in children’s toys. The doctors, builders and police sets being in the boys section and the nurses, toy kitchens etc being in the girls.

It can only be a positive that we’re removing these ideas that become so ingrained at a young age. My boy is 22months old and I love his shear joy at playing with whatever he wants to, be it his toy kitchen, his footballs, building blocks or his little baby doll. I’d hate it if at some point society gave him the impression that something he loved was in some way wrong.
This exactly. There will always be headlines that make people think things are wrong. And sometimes they are. Sometimes headlines without context do not tell the full story either.

But as a society there is no need to reinforce gender roles. So disassociating cars from boys and dolls from girls is a good thing. Forcing kids to do either is a bad thing. Let any kid play with anything. Break the walls and stereotypes that are unwittingly reinforced by our own behaviours.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 05, 2019 11:58 am

Kids don't grow up up educated. Parents are supposed to teach them and put them on the right tracks in life. Teachers are supposed to teach educational subjects, not put forth their own personal leanings on sexuality.. This was my point. When kids reach a certain age they go their own way anyway regardless of parents, teachers or authority; which way that is, isn't from society forcing its opinion on them, but from how they are brought up. It's managed okay so far with lads and girls, but you'll reap what you sow, not just what they do. Kids learn more about life in the home and playground than any classes or teachers can ever teach them. That's down to the parents. I can't argue it further since I believe in God creating men and women, and that's a major factor unless personal teacher views take priority over him.

Amen.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:25 am
jimbo wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:44 am

This exactly. There will always be headlines that make people think things are wrong. And sometimes they are. Sometimes headlines without context do not tell the full story either.

But as a society there is no need to reinforce gender roles. So disassociating cars from boys and dolls from girls is a good thing. Forcing kids to do either is a bad thing. Let any kid play with anything. Break the walls and stereotypes that are unwittingly reinforced by our own behaviours.

I don't know how any of us have managed to reach adulthood the way our parents generation have abused us in this way. I played football and with guns and trucks. My sister played with 'girls' toys including dolls. Neither of us have been damaged by the experience. I am not a fireman and she is not a nurse. In fact, we are not in traditional boys / girls jobs at all so what harm has it done us? She has decided not to be a mother by choice so playing with dolls hasn't really influenced her attitude to being a parent. She loves watching football more then me, at the moment, although she is a Man U fan so she has no taste.

There are physical and psychological differences between girls and boys. I do not see the problem identifying boys as boys and girls as girls. I personally think treating all children as gender neutral is going to cause all sorts of problems for future generations (based on nothing but my opinion). I believe it just to be utter bullshit. I am not advocating only letting boys play with traditional boys toys and girls only with dolls and prams but what's the problem if they do. I get that they should be able to play with what toys they want but it is not going to do them any harm if they do play with their stereotypical gender toys.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun May 05, 2019 8:01 pm

Careful, malc, you'll be branded a fascist.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:32 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:01 pm

I have been called a lot worse than that. I would prefer to be branded a grumpy old fart anyway. :arse:
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 06, 2019 1:21 am

I'd really love to know who set all this stuff off? Did somebody just jump up and say "hey, this is how things will be from now on, and how you will behave" ? Things have been fine for hundreds/thousands of years with men and women, boys and girls; now suddenly it isn't good enough. Why, and who says so? Please don't give me the "public opinion" angle, because if a vote were taken I'm betting hands down it would lose massively. If schools got back to educating kids in the basics of knowledge and left the rest to parents, maybe "sex" would stay between five and seven in the times table and kids stop thinking daft celebrity dating nonsense is a career. I don't personally give one what folk do, but I have grandchildren who could grow up more confused than a Wanderers defender....and that's very confused.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon May 06, 2019 1:56 am

malcd1 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:32 pm
Enoch wrote:
I have been called a lot worse than that. I would prefer to be branded a grumpy old fart anyway. :arse:
That's about where I had ya. :)

Just not sure it's it's an acceptable term in this new dawn.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 06, 2019 6:21 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:21 am
I'd really love to know who set all this stuff off? Did somebody just jump up and say "hey, this is how things will be from now on, and how you will behave" ? Things have been fine for hundreds/thousands of years with men and women, boys and girls; now suddenly it isn't good enough. Why, and who says so? Please don't give me the "public opinion" angle, because if a vote were taken I'm betting hands down it would lose massively. If schools got back to educating kids in the basics of knowledge and left the rest to parents, maybe "sex" would stay between five and seven in the times table and kids stop thinking daft celebrity dating nonsense is a career. I don't personally give one what folk do, but I have grandchildren who could grow up more confused than a Wanderers defender....and that's very confused.
Sorry Tango but on the bit about everything being fine between male and female, so to speak, it hasn't. Woman in general were treated quite badly in a male dominated world and I for one am pleased it is coming to an end when woman finally get jailed on the same terms as men and men get the same amount of kiddie leave, then we've really cracked it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 06, 2019 10:44 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:21 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:21 am
Sorry Tango but on the bit about everything being fine between male and female, so to speak, it hasn't. Woman in general were treated quite badly in a male dominated world and I for one am pleased it is coming to an end when woman finally get jailed on the same terms as men and men get the same amount of kiddie leave, then we've really cracked it.
I was obviously talking about the definition between men and women, boys and girls Hoboh.(the topic).

We have a Queen as monarch, our Prime minister is a woman, two of the top positions of power in the country; We have women archbishops, politicians, judges and T.V is almost entirely run by women presenters and "celebrities". We have women football and cricket, tennis and golf stars at international level. They are "women" by definition and gender, like my mother was, like my wife is and like my female kids and grand kids and great grand kids are, and the rest is all fine, so, unless some person, authority etc, wants to change that by blurring the lines, press the bell, I'm off at the next stop.

That's what "fine" meant.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 06, 2019 10:50 am

Enoch wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:56 am
malcd1 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:32 pm
Enoch wrote:
That's about where I had ya. :) Just not sure it's it's an acceptable term in this new dawn.
Quite acceptable Enoch as it isn't gender categorised and can apply to all. Just add "er" on the end so no one feels left out. :mrgreen: