News stories that make you think, or not...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: News stories that make you think, or not...

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon May 06, 2019 12:04 pm

Fxck this gender lark. It's speciesism I'm concerned about. I'm looking forward to a return of a golden era when you can have a horse for a senator/consul/prime minister.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 06, 2019 1:32 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 12:04 pm
Fxck this gender lark. It's speciesism I'm concerned about. I'm looking forward to a return of a golden era when you can have a horse for a senator/consul/prime minister.
What, you mean like Aslam? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon May 06, 2019 1:46 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:32 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 12:04 pm
What, you mean like Aslam? :wink:
He's a man after my own heart...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon May 06, 2019 7:02 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:50 am
Enoch wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:56 am
malcd1 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:32 pm
Enoch wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:01 pm
Careful, malc, you'll be branded a fascist.
I have been called a lot worse than that. I would prefer to be branded a grumpy old fart anyway. :arse:
That's about where I had ya. :) Just not sure it's it's an acceptable term in this new dawn.
Quite acceptable Enoch as it isn't gender categorised and can apply to all. Just add "er" on the end so no one feels left out. :mrgreen:
It's a tad ageist.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 10, 2019 4:46 pm

That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 19, 2019 11:49 am

Never cease to be amazed at the amount of "blame" in the world. Anything bad happens it's always someone else's fault. The Jeremy Kyle thing is a typical example; the show idea is a complete insult to intelligence and he's doubtless making a fortune off gullible and often brainless anti-social folk who seem to do anything to get their faces on T.V., but nevertheless,whilst the whole concept is mind-numbing in its aims, ( from what limited footage I've seen of it, it's basically a Brit Jerry Springer fiasco imitator at best) the decision to be on the show with their "revelations" is with the public and them alone. Kick the show off where it belongs, but blaming the ringmaster for the animals running wild is surely more than a little nonsensical. "Compensation" rears it head in the imagination ? It's all a bit like the Coliseum games indoors. The real tragedy of the "nobody died" attitude to the show, is that someone sometimes does die.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun May 19, 2019 1:14 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:49 am
Never cease to be amazed at the amount of "blame" in the world. Anything bad happens it's always someone else's fault. The Jeremy Kyle thing is a typical example; the show idea is a complete insult to intelligence and he's doubtless making a fortune off gullible and often brainless anti-social folk who seem to do anything to get their faces on T.V., but nevertheless,whilst the whole concept is mind-numbing in its aims, ( from what limited footage I've seen of it, it's basically a Brit Jerry Springer fiasco imitator at best) the decision to be on the show with their "revelations" is with the public and them alone. Kick the show off where it belongs, but blaming the ringmaster for the animals running wild is surely more than a little nonsensical. "Compensation" rears it head in the imagination ? It's all a bit like the Coliseum games indoors. The real tragedy of the "nobody died" attitude to the show, is that someone sometimes does die.
To be honest, the planet would be a good deal better off if all of them topped themselves.
[Yep. I know, in two years time when I've been elected Supreme President of Earth and somebody drags this up from the obscure past...]

[... I'll still say it.]
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 19, 2019 1:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:14 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
To be honest, the planet would be a good deal better off if all of them topped themselves.
[Yep. I know, in two years time when I've been elected Supreme President of Earth and somebody drags this up from the obscure past...]
[... I'll still say it.]
Ah, got it Spots; in another life you were Emperor Ming the Merciless. Yeah.... :lol:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun May 19, 2019 1:35 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:33 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:14 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
[... I'll still say it.]
Ah, got it Spots; in another life you were Emperor Ming the Merciless. Yeah.... :lol:
That's my dad you're talking about!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 20, 2019 8:32 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
The show targeted vulnerable people with mental illnesses and used and manipulated them for our entertainment. Not sure whey we'd blame anyone other than the producers of the show for that?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 20, 2019 9:53 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:32 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
The show targeted vulnerable people with mental illnesses and used and manipulated them for our entertainment. Not sure whey we'd blame anyone other than the producers of the show for that?
Not all of them had mental issues, some of them were just the normal bottom of the barrel pond life that infest many parts of our society, the stay at home everyone owes them a living Corbyn supporters, (I wont say voters cause most couldn't drag themselves away from scumbag TV).

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 20, 2019 12:15 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:53 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Not all of them had mental issues, some of them were just the normal bottom of the barrel pond life that infest many parts of our society, the stay at home everyone owes them a living Corbyn supporters, (I wont say voters cause most couldn't drag themselves away from scumbag TV).
Of course not. But they were seeking out the ones who did. People who were vulnerable and easy prey. Some as you say were just money hungry "sub class" types. But not all. A lot were in fact people who should never have been exploited like that. And the fact is they were deliberately targeted by the show because it made "better telly".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon May 20, 2019 12:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:15 pm
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Of course not. But they were seeking out the ones who did. People who were vulnerable and easy prey. Some as you say were just money hungry "sub class" types. But not all. A lot were in fact people who should never have been exploited like that. And the fact is they were deliberately targeted by the show because it made "better telly".
Well well, BWFC_i goes all Nazi: "Sub class" type sounds very much like the Nazi idea of untermenschen to me.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 20, 2019 12:58 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:54 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:15 pm
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Well well, BWFC_i goes all Nazi: "Sub class" type sounds very much like the Nazi idea of untermenschen to me.
We've created a "sub class" of people in this country. By our own policy decisions, and societal behaviour. Communities have been left to rot for decades systematically as we pursued boom and bust politics that left places to die.

Sub class is probably a bad way of saying it, but they are in my view groups/classes of people where generations since the 70s/80s have barely worked. They exist outside of many societal structures and functions.

I believe we need to help these people somehow - but I don't have any answers. Ultimately they are not at fault for the position they are in. Not sure what that makes me but I do not care.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon May 20, 2019 3:20 pm

British Swimming 'disappointed' by 'toxic' claims from Tom Daley's husband Dustin Lance Black - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/diving/48332929

It's like back in the 60's we went, "ok, society needs to lighten up on dope smoking", and then suddenly we have government sponsored centres where anybody can come in and have clean needles for free heroin shoot-ups in state of the art opium dens.

A little sense of proportion is called for Lance Black.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 20, 2019 3:45 pm

These ere Muslims protesting about the Birmingham schools sex education and equality programs - do they realise it is the UK and 2019?

Teaching kids that its ok to be whatever it is you are, to dress however it is you feel like, to love whoever it is you love - I know will rile a few angry repressed Muslims and gammons alike - but surely that messaging is common sense now?

I knew kids at school who were gay before they even realised what being gay was. They were bullied on a daily basis. And in fact one as a 14 year old took his own life as a result of the bullying.

These people need to wake up and realise we've moved on as a society, kids have moved on too - they are far more tolerant and accepting than older generations. And educating them about differences and respect is a fecking good thing. End of.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon May 20, 2019 9:27 pm

Agh! The opposition to PHSE is one of my biggest bug bears at the moment, possibly only behind the anti vaccination stuff. The media always report this stuff using the phrase ‘sex education’ with little to actually qualify what’s being taught. I believe that a lot of the public hear ‘sex education’ and conjure images of kids just being taught how to do it. There really is no argument to be made against kids being taught about tolerance towards others.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 20, 2019 10:31 pm

Particular sub-bug bear is the press then getting one normal person and one reactionary (for 'balance') and then giving airtime to the lunatic banging on about homosexual proselytising without making clear that's bollocks.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue May 21, 2019 10:19 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:45 pm
These ere Muslims protesting about the Birmingham schools sex education and equality programs - do they realise it is the UK and 2019?

Teaching kids that its ok to be whatever it is you are, to dress however it is you feel like, to love whoever it is you love - I know will rile a few angry repressed Muslims and gammons alike - but surely that messaging is common sense now?

I knew kids at school who were gay before they even realised what being gay was. They were bullied on a daily basis. And in fact one as a 14 year old took his own life as a result of the bullying.

These people need to wake up and realise we've moved on as a society, kids have moved on too - they are far more tolerant and accepting than older generations. And educating them about differences and respect is a fecking good thing. End of.
The world and society in general is going down the pan, after decades of your free love and liberal leftie ideals has kept growing, pushing back boundaries, now one of your push back boundaries dislikes another what do you do? Carry on regardless :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep pushing cocker then I hope one day you will accept responsibility for the mess and clean it up.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue May 21, 2019 10:21 am

Prufrock wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:31 pm
Particular sub-bug bear is the press then getting one normal person and one reactionary (for 'balance') and then giving airtime to the lunatic banging on about homosexual proselytising without making clear that's bollocks.
Jess whatever, normal???? Oh please!!!