New Zealand

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: New Zealand

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:13 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:12 pm
An Australian politician gets smacked on the head with an egg by a teenager.
Politician smacks self satisfied child in the face. Not once, but twice.
Politician is now being derided by social meeja and newsagencies.

Personally speaking, I'd have smacked the cxnt at least six times. Remarkable self restraint from the politician...
Let’s correct that....

An Australian fascist is hit in the egg by a child.
Fascist hits child.
Fascist is now, quite rightly derided primarily for being a fascist.
Personally speaking, I'd have smacked the cxnt at least six times. Remarkable self restraint from the fascist. That any better?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25480
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New Zealand

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:45 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:40 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:13 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:12 pm
An Australian politician gets smacked on the head with an egg by a teenager.
Politician smacks self satisfied child in the face. Not once, but twice.
Politician is now being derided by social meeja and newsagencies.

Personally speaking, I'd have smacked the cxnt at least six times. Remarkable self restraint from the politician...
Let’s correct that....

An Australian fascist is hit in the egg by a child.
Fascist hits child.
Fascist is now, quite rightly derided primarily for being a fascist.
Personally speaking, I'd have smacked the cxnt at least six times. Remarkable self restraint from the fascist. That any better?
A kid eggs a known fascist who then hits said kid. And you are on the side of the fascist?

Thanks for clarifying.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: New Zealand

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:45 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:40 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:13 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:12 pm
An Australian politician gets smacked on the head with an egg by a teenager.
Politician smacks self satisfied child in the face. Not once, but twice.
Politician is now being derided by social meeja and newsagencies.

Personally speaking, I'd have smacked the cxnt at least six times. Remarkable self restraint from the politician...
Let’s correct that....

An Australian fascist is hit in the egg by a child.
Fascist hits child.
Fascist is now, quite rightly derided primarily for being a fascist.
Personally speaking, I'd have smacked the cxnt at least six times. Remarkable self restraint from the fascist. That any better?
A kid eggs a known fascist who then hits said kid. And you are on the side of the fascist?

Thanks for clarifying.
:lol:

If you read very carefully, or v e r y s l o w l y you'll see that I was calling the fascist a fxcking wimp.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Dujon
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3247
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:37 am
Location: Nr. Sydney (Australia)
Contact:

Re: New Zealand

Post by Dujon » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:57 am

I am not a fascist. The fact that the Senator involved is doesn't matter. If some idiot had hit me on the back of the head (assuming I have no idea as to what or who hit me) I reckon I might have reacted in the same way.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25480
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New Zealand

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 am

We should be applauding the kid who egged him. He's a fascist. We should have zero tolerance for him and shame on the news stations giving him coverage....

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6934
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: New Zealand

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:24 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 am
We should be applauding the kid who egged him. He's a fascist. We should have zero tolerance for him and shame on the news stations giving him coverage....
As appalling as his views may be (I've no idea, I've never heard of the bloke) you're advocating violence against him?

Engage with bigots. Debate with them and make them look like the idiots they are. Applauding folk for assaulting them, isn't a road I'd be comfortable going down.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25480
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New Zealand

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:32 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:24 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 am
We should be applauding the kid who egged him. He's a fascist. We should have zero tolerance for him and shame on the news stations giving him coverage....
As appalling as his views may be (I've no idea, I've never heard of the bloke) you're advocating violence against him?

Engage with bigots. Debate with them and make them look like the idiots they are. Applauding folk for assaulting them, isn't a road I'd be comfortable going down.
Yeah - we should have "engaged with the Nazis" not gone to war. Given this bloke actually used the words "final solution" wrt to the "Islam problem" I don't think its an unwarranted comparison either.

I'm not advocating violence - what I'm saying is these types have been ignored for a long time, then slowly but surely found ways to establish a platform. Then slowly but surely infiltrate mainstream politics, then mainstream media - its a slippery slope. We're at the point where the ideals of far right politics and fascism are on the rise. They are IMHO on the rise because we've allowed it to become "tolerated", we've allowed people to say racist, fascist and downright offensive things and then allow victim blaming...

You only have to see SOME of the reaction to the shootings. The number of implicit and explicit "victim blaming" statements in comments sections and on social media and forums are utterly shocking. The only way to sort this out is to take a zero tolerance approach. As a society to call these people out and make it clear "this is completely unacceptable". Frankly trying to expose them by giving them a voice has completely and utterly failed.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6934
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: New Zealand

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:54 am

You are advocating violence. You said we should be applauding someone who threw an egg in his face.

Shutting down debate just gives the likes of Tommy Robinson et al to pretend they're being silenced by some media conspiracy. Listen to their arguments and rubbish them. Don't stoop to violence. Makes you no better than them.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25480
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New Zealand

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:12 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:54 am
You are advocating violence. You said we should be applauding someone who threw an egg in his face.

Shutting down debate just gives the likes of Tommy Robinson et al to pretend they're being silenced by some media conspiracy. Listen to their arguments and rubbish them. Don't stoop to violence. Makes you no better than them.
They are already doing that inspite of the fact they've been given far too much of a platform already. And ultimately no - it is too dangerous to let these people loose because we've already seen how quickly these views can infiltrate and even become widely accepted.

Is your suggestion we should have had tea and crumpets with Hitler, listened to his views and tried to make sure he didn't feel victimised? That's the logical extension to your argument here.

At what point do you say "hang on we can't just keep giving this guy air-time unchecked"? Because the problem is thus - he says something hideous about the atrocities is reported as "Australian politician says...." and people who don't know who he is suddenly think their racist and fascist opinions are fine to shout from the rooftops...

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2334
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Xanadu

Re: New Zealand

Post by jmjhb » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:42 am

So you want to outlaw free speech now?

I can see the regressive left with their paradoxical illiberal values becoming a real problem in the next few years.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38100
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: New Zealand

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:50 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 am
We should be applauding the kid who egged him. He's a fascist. We should have zero tolerance for him and shame on the news stations giving him coverage....
Oh aye. It's well-known that ten year old kids know all about fascism.Round of applause then? Nothing about bad behaviour then, or the kid throwing eggs for the fun of it? All badly handled by news-hungry media for me. Not sure why we're even worrying about it, oh, a chance for political im plications here?
The business of his parents and no one else's. I'm pretty sure I pulled a few strokes at ten, but if you got caught you took your licks. Nobody told the Evening News.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25480
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New Zealand

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:54 am

jmjhb wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:42 am
So you want to outlaw free speech now?

I can see the regressive left with their paradoxical illiberal values becoming a real problem in the next few years.
There is a massive balance to be struck. I appreciate that any discussion is going to be open to "but mah free speech dude". However, the balance has swung, way, way too far. Where such people are given such a wide ranging and legitimising platform that there is nothing left to do. We once had a society where someone talking about a "final solution" would widely be dismissed as a loon. Now in some ever encroaching quarters they are treated as a hero. And when those horrific views are questioned the usual "liberal elite, denier of free speech claims are made".

We see exactly the same thing going on in the Labour party. If you question the anti-semitic views that some within momentum and the party clearly hold you are a "Blairite a Thaterite or a Tory". It just isn't acceptable that extremes have been able to monopolise sections of the media and social media in the way that they have.

If something isn't done we'll be plunged back into the dark ages of the early 20th century.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25480
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New Zealand

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:56 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:50 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 am
We should be applauding the kid who egged him. He's a fascist. We should have zero tolerance for him and shame on the news stations giving him coverage....
Oh aye. It's well-known that ten year old kids know all about fascism.Round of applause then? Nothing about bad behaviour then, or the kid throwing eggs for the fun of it? All badly handled by news-hungry media for me. Not sure why we're even worrying about it, oh, a chance for political im plications here?
The business of his parents and no one else's. I'm pretty sure I pulled a few strokes at ten, but if you got caught you took your licks. Nobody told the Evening News.
If a kid had egged Hiler would you have said "what a badly behaved child I hope he gets taught a good lesson"? Because we seem to be repeating history here. I have no idea how old the "kid" was but I think its highly likely he egged the guy because of his reprehensible views. IF people sit idly buy and let this stuff slide....well history has a perfect lesson for the consequence of that.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2334
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Xanadu

Re: New Zealand

Post by jmjhb » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:00 am

The politician overreacted but the kid deserved a slap for his cheek.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38100
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: New Zealand

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:09 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:56 am

If a kid had egged Hiler would you have said "what a badly behaved child I hope he gets taught a good lesson"? Because we seem to be repeating history here. I have no idea how old the "kid" was but I think its highly likely he egged the guy because of his reprehensible views. IF people sit idly buy and let this stuff slide....well history has a perfect lesson for the consequence of that.
Now you're really getting carried away. Eighty years ago and a world war causing genocide maniac equates with a kid ( who also filmed himself doing it to show his mates on Facebook etc) throwing an egg at a politician. Wow, Greg Rutherford beware, your long jump records are in big danger. Armageddon looms..... :|
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25480
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New Zealand

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:19 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:09 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:56 am

If a kid had egged Hiler would you have said "what a badly behaved child I hope he gets taught a good lesson"? Because we seem to be repeating history here. I have no idea how old the "kid" was but I think its highly likely he egged the guy because of his reprehensible views. IF people sit idly buy and let this stuff slide....well history has a perfect lesson for the consequence of that.
Now you're really getting carried away. Eighty years ago and a world war causing genocide maniac equates with a kid ( who also filmed himself doing it to show his mates on Facebook etc) throwing an egg at a politician. Wow, Greg Rutherford beware, your long jump records are in big danger. Armageddon looms..... :|
Hang on - before that. Before the world war. If a kid egged a Nazi politician in say 1930 - would you say "what an oik" or would you say "someone has to take a stand against fascism"?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6934
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: New Zealand

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:27 am

And if someone egged Hillary Benn because they believed his Remain views were a threat to democracy. You'd be OK with that? Or is it only OK to egg/assault folk if their views are radically different to yours?

As for Hitler, however irrelevant he is in this day and age, I think history will find Govts did engage with him. War became inevitable when that engagement failed (& myriad of other reasons too)
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25480
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New Zealand

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:37 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:27 am
And if someone egged Hillary Benn because they believed his Remain views were a threat to democracy. You'd be OK with that? Or is it only OK to egg/assault folk if their views are radically different to yours?

As for Hitler, however irrelevant he is in this day and age, I think history will find Govts did engage with him. War became inevitable when that engagement failed (& myriad of other reasons too)
It is a bit of a reductive argument - contrasting a bloke who is trying to persuade parliament to exit the EU via EFTA versus a bloke publicly using language suggestive of the extermination of Muslims in Australasia....... The solution is for the media, and politics and society in general to sufficiently challenge such abhorrent people and views. Not for kids to egg people. But when that challenge isn't being made I can fully understand why the frustration builds.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19814
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: New Zealand

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:40 am

I think:

-egging someone is not really on and quite twatty
-to refer to someone egging someone as "violence" is probably technically correct but stretching a bit.
-I'd go with the statement that I abhor violence. I think "abhor" is strong for egging someone.
-therefore I think the kid is a bit of cheeky cnut and a bit of a tw*t.
-I think a grown man giving a child a 1-2 to the face is very, very much "not on", certainly violence and unacceptable.

So, before we get to his comments that prompted all this we have: kid = bit of a cocky tw*t, grown man = complete cnut.

I can't imagine coming out of all this and thinking I was Team Adult Man Punching a Child in the Face. Unless, you know, it was somehow a proxy for something else.

And then there's what he said.
Last edited by Prufrock on Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25480
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: New Zealand

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:42 am

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:40 am
I think:

-egging someone is not really on and quite twatty
-to refer to someone egging someone as "violence" is probably technically correct but stretching a bit.
-I'd go with the statement that I abhor violence. I think "abhor" is strong for egging someone.
-therefore I think the kid is a bit of cheeky cnut and a bit of a tw*t.
-I think a grown man giving a child a 1-2 to the face is very, very much "not on", certainly violence and unacceptable.

So, before we get to his comments that prompted all this we have: kid = bit of a cocky tw*t, grown man = complete cnut.

And then there's what he said.
This. Worded better than I am.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests