Independence Day.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Independence Day.

Post by jimbo » Mon May 13, 2019 1:20 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:09 pm
Latest poll predicts:
Brexit 34%
Labour 16%
Lib Dem 15%
Green 11%
Conservative 10%
ChangeUK 5%
UKIP 4%
Others 5%

Somebody sometime soon will be telling me we don't understand; we've been lied to; the Russians have paid us.

PS I haven't seen a bus in ages! Years even (three of 'em).
So if you add up the labour, green, Lib Dem, change uk votes you get a majority for broadly remain thinking parties? IMO the remain voice will be lost somewhat as there’s not a single horse to back in the case of Farage’s lot.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:05 pm
Vince Cable, senile old fool.
You don't have to be old to be a fool, quite the opposit according to the scientists. :D

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 163910.htm
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon May 13, 2019 1:35 pm

jimbo wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:20 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Latest poll predicts:
Brexit 34%
Labour 16%
Lib Dem 15%
Green 11%
Conservative 10%
ChangeUK 5%
UKIP 4%
Others 5%

Somebody sometime soon will be telling me we don't understand; we've been lied to; the Russians have paid us.

So if you add up the labour, green, Lib Dem, change uk votes you get a majority for broadly remain thinking parties? IMO the remain voice will be lost somewhat as there’s not a single horse to back in the case of Farage’s lot.
While if you add up BP, UKIP and conservative votes you end up with a roughly the same as the remain leaning group of parties, so really it just tells us what we already know, in that the country’s pretty evenly divided still.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon May 13, 2019 1:55 pm

jimbo wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:35 pm
jimbo wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Latest poll predicts:
Brexit 34%
Labour 16%
Lib Dem 15%
Green 11%
Conservative 10%
ChangeUK 5%
UKIP 4%
Others 5%

While if you add up BP, UKIP and conservative votes you end up with a roughly the same as the remain leaning group of parties, so really it just tells us what we already know, in that the country’s pretty evenly divided still.
And yet, in the intervening three years since the largest democratic exercise in this country took place we've not enacted the result of a referendum that had a simple message. A message we were told was induced by charlatans and lies. And still we believe it!

Just fxcking Leave the EU is a straightforward message.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon May 13, 2019 2:00 pm

...and if you tell a Labour voter in Mansfield that they are voting to Remain, alongside Vince fxcking Cable and Anna fxcking Soubry, I think you'll find the Labour proportion reducing before your very eyes too.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 14, 2019 8:57 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:55 pm
jimbo wrote:
jimbo wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Latest poll predicts:
Brexit 34%
Labour 16%
Lib Dem 15%
Green 11%
Conservative 10%
ChangeUK 5%
UKIP 4%
Others 5%

And yet, in the intervening three years since the largest democratic exercise in this country took place we've not enacted the result of a referendum that had a simple message. A message we were told was induced by charlatans and lies. And still we believe it!

Because Parliament hasn't passed the deal. And the Leave campaign always, always, promised a deal.

People did not vote for "no deal". Inspite of the revisionist bollocks that is commonly spouted by Farage et al and his supporters.

We haven't left because the Brexit promises of Germany giving us the best deal ever have been shown to be complete and utter bollocks like everything else spouted by that campaign.

If you want to leave without a deal you either need a new mandate or a new "no deal" majority Parliament.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue May 14, 2019 11:40 am

"revisionist bollocks"

You'd know all about that.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue May 14, 2019 1:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:57 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
jimbo wrote:
jimbo wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Latest poll predicts:
Brexit 34%
Labour 16%
Lib Dem 15%
Green 11%
Conservative 10%
ChangeUK 5%
UKIP 4%
Others 5%

Because Parliament hasn't passed the deal. And the Leave campaign always, always, promised a deal.

People did not vote for "no deal". Inspite of the revisionist bollocks that is commonly spouted by Farage et al and his supporters.

We haven't left because the Brexit promises of Germany giving us the best deal ever have been shown to be complete and utter bollocks like everything else spouted by that campaign.

If you want to leave without a deal you either need a new mandate or a new "no deal" majority Parliament.
Those of us who voted Leave know what we voted for. I'm not having a fxcking numpty who voted Remain telling me what it was I didn't vote for.
We voted Leave. The ballot was clear as fxcking day: two options; Leave, Remain.
There was no question on the ballot which even mentioned a Deal.

So we don't need a new mandate.
And even if we fxcking did, you'll get one next fxcking Thursday.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:12 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:57 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
jimbo wrote:
jimbo wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Latest poll predicts:
Brexit 34%
Labour 16%
Lib Dem 15%
Green 11%
Conservative 10%
ChangeUK 5%
UKIP 4%
Others 5%

Those of us who voted Leave know what we voted for. I'm not having a fxcking numpty who voted Remain telling me what it was I didn't vote for.
We voted Leave. The ballot was clear as fxcking day: two options; Leave, Remain.
There was no question on the ballot which even mentioned a Deal.

So we don't need a new mandate.
And even if we fxcking did, you'll get one next fxcking Thursday.
No you won't. You'll have some new MEPs who may not ever sit in the EP. That is it. Otherwise the local elections were clearly showing the country wants to remain. But you'll conveniently ignore that.

And you'll have a lot of people happily voting for a party led by a far right extremist - a terminal shame on our country. But there we have it. Anyone who votes for his lot wants to look very deeply at themselves. However, I realise that is asking a lot in that particular swamp of a gene pool.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:49 pm
No you won't. You'll have some new MEPs who may not ever sit in the EP. That is it. Otherwise the local elections were clearly showing the country wants to remain. But you'll conveniently ignore that.

And you'll have a lot of people happily voting for a party led by a far right extremist - a terminal shame on our country. But there we have it. Anyone who votes for his lot wants to look very deeply at themselves. However, I realise that is asking a lot in that particular swamp of a gene pool.

You have said this before.

The local council elections have nothing to do with Brexit or national policies. You will get some people who will only vote Labour (or only Conservatives) because that is who they always vote for. None of them stood for or against Brexit because they influence fecking nothing about it.

I voted Lib Dems because I personally thought my local candidate was the best person for my LOCAL area. I would never entertain voting for them for European Elections or General Election at the moment. None.

The turnout will be exceeding low next week but it will certainly give you a better idea of what the nation is thinking about. If the Lib Dems win most seats by a landslide then you will get your picture and you can come on here and crow about it. However, the Brexit party appear to be doing quite well in the polls considering your perceived thoughts what the country is thinking.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Who do you mean by a "far right extremist"? Sure not Farage? A bit of a tosspot but a much better politician than the other tosspots in Parliment.

Who has the final say on who is a far extremist or racist in the country? It seems only the left are the ones who have a say on the matter.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 14, 2019 3:22 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:50 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Who do you mean by a "far right extremist"? Sure not Farage? A bit of a tosspot but a much better politician than the other tosspots in Parliment.

Who has the final say on who is a far extremist or racist in the country? It seems only the left are the ones who have a say on the matter.
Yep you are right. A bloke who cosies up to Far Right extremists in Europe, who uses far right rhetoric to describe people from other countries, who copied a piece of Nazi propaganda in the Brexit campaign, who has voiced "Jewish conspiracy theories", who uses right wing populism constantly when given a platform....isn't a far right extremist.

He just does all these things for a laugh...

The only people desperately trying to redefine what being a far right extremists are, are people who are and support far right extremism but are too embarrassed to admit to it, or even accept it themselves.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 14, 2019 4:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:22 pm

The only people desperately trying to redefine what being a far right extremists are, are people who are and support far right extremism but are too embarrassed to admit to it, or even accept it themselves.
I really do wish you'd stop making these wild sweeping statements pertaining to know what the country thinks and how wrong anyone who doesn't agree with you is. They're boring and usually wrong anyway. You change horses more often than John Wayne and Clint Eastwood ever did between them.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 14, 2019 4:24 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:14 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:22 pm

I really do wish you'd stop making these wild sweeping statements pertaining to know what the country thinks and how wrong anyone who doesn't agree with you is. They're boring and usually wrong anyway. You change horses more often than John Wayne and Clint Eastwood ever did between them.
How is saying that "voting for a bloke who has happily mirrored Nazi propaganda, used anti-semitic smears similar to those used by the Nazis and associates with far right organisations and parties acroiss Europe is suggestive of support for far right extremism" a sweeping statement?

The parallels between what Farage and co are doing and 1930's Germany are incredibly striking. Prey on general discontent following economic downturn, tick, find a group convenient to blame, tick, lump everyone who disagrees with you in as "enemies of the people" tick, use rhetoric and propaganda to spread simplistic (and factually incorrect) messages to the populous, tick, make everything a conspiracy against the "British worker" by an imagined elite, tick.

Even to the extent that he went to the trouble of copying a Nazi poster for his campaign.

I know its hard to accept reality but how much more do you need?

Then you see the way they use the internet to reinforce the messaging. Its eerily identical to the 1930's Germany. And the tacit threat of "violence" if they don't get their own way.....

But people will never accept it. Even though, its blindingly obvious and staring them in the face. But they cannot be honest with themselves.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 14, 2019 6:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:24 pm

How is saying that "voting for a bloke who has happily mirrored Nazi propaganda, used anti-semitic smears similar to those used by the Nazis and associates with far right organisations and parties acroiss Europe is suggestive of support for far right extremism" a sweeping statement?
[/quote]

Try reading what I wrote, please, rather than muddying the water.(again) Clue, (the bit in bold) it was about you knowing what the country thinks. You don't, and neither do I or anyone else except a majority of us, rightly or wrongly, voted Exit, but that just wouldn't do because it didn't fit in with the wishes of others, you included. You want facts, well that's one.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 14, 2019 6:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:27 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Try reading what I wrote, please, rather than muddying the water.(again) Clue, (the bit in bold) it was about you knowing what the country thinks. You don't, and neither do I or anyone else except a majority of us, rightly or wrongly, voted Exit, but that just wouldn't do because it didn't fit in with the wishes of others, you included. You want facts, well that's one.
[/quote]

Unfortunately you quoted me posting exactly what I described. I didn’t make any sweeping generalisations. In fact quite the opposite.

You then tried to post a fact, unfortunately again you failed. Badly. Whether I want to leave or not has no bearing whatsoever on whether we do leave or not. Now that is a fact. If only I had such power. The only reason we haven’t left is because our democratically elected parliament hasn’t voted in favour of the deal on the table. Now that is a fact. Another fact is that buying into some of the nonsense that there is an elite who want to keep us in is incredibly dangerous, there are people at all levels who want to leave and those who want to stay. If the Brexiteer MPs had voted for the deal on the table we’d have left months ago. The fact they didn’t is why we haven’t. Now that is a fact.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 14, 2019 7:34 pm

This is Mrs Tango. Spouse was last seen bouncing down Bradford Road on his head and gibbering about cost of flights to Mars or alternatively entering a Trappist Monk monastery. ? Police have been notified..... :|

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue May 14, 2019 10:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

The parallels between what Farage and co are doing and 1930's Germany are incredibly striking.
Christ on a bike :shock:

Even for you, that's off the scale hyperbole
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue May 14, 2019 10:33 pm

I see the cuk's are polling well snigger, snigger, perhaps they should wear their Gimp masks.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 15, 2019 8:42 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:09 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

The parallels between what Farage and co are doing and 1930's Germany are incredibly striking.
Christ on a bike :shock:

Even for you, that's off the scale hyperbole
You are right. The fact he copied Nazi propaganda from that period is neither here nor there....

The messaging being used and many of the tactics being used hark back to the early 1930's in Germany. Many have said the same thing btw. Pitting politicians (especially when it is politicians themselves doing this like Farage) against the people.....its not exactly rocket science to see the huge similarities. And lets not pretend that there are not violent elements here being stirred up that of course these figures will distance themselves from but in reality know what they are doing.