What a load of bollocks.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

taddyontoast
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: What a load of bollocks.

Post by taddyontoast » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:56 pm
According to some media reports (The Guardian being one who commented) there has been talk of the organisers of Strictly Come Dancing discussing the future possibilities of same-sex partner dancing in the show. Without getting too deep into it, that will surely be like dropping a match in a box of fireworks? Why mess with the format of one of the most popular ( family) shows on T.V.? Answers on a postcard to Craig Revel Horwood who apparently supports the idea. I mention it only because the topic arose on a dance forum I belong to. It'll surely never happen?

Not sure how it messes with the format - surely the format stays the same?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:23 pm

taddyontoast wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:00 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
According to some media reports (The Guardian being one who commented) there has been talk of the organisers of Strictly Come Dancing discussing the future possibilities of same-sex partner dancing in the show. Without getting too deep into it, that will surely be like dropping a match in a box of fireworks? Why mess with the format of one of the most popular ( family) shows on T.V.? Answers on a postcard to Craig Revel Horwood who apparently supports the idea. I mention it only because the topic arose on a dance forum I belong to. It'll surely never happen?

You know what he means cheeky! Boy dances with girl, girl dances with boy. There's no real reason for this as far as I can see, just the way it's always been and folk are perhaps challenging this. Will it make any difference? Not to me it won't. I don't watch the shite!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:47 pm

taddyontoast wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Why mess with the format of one of the most popular ( family) shows on T.V.? Answers on a postcard to Craig Revel Horwood who apparently supports the idea. I mention it only because the topic arose on a dance forum I belong to. It'll surely never happen?
Like H.G says, I' sure you know what I mean Taddy. Maybe the producers want to create issues on the "No such thing as bad publicity" angle by making the programme controversial. If so, I'm sure they'll attain their objective, but at what cost?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:09 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:34 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Of course it'll happen. Who's brave enough to risk their media career by objecting?

If only I had a media career, money for old rope.

Is Peter West still the compère?

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:21 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:47 pm
taddyontoast wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Why mess with the format of one of the most popular ( family) shows on T.V.? Answers on a postcard to Craig Revel Horwood who apparently supports the idea. I mention it only because the topic arose on a dance forum I belong to. It'll surely never happen?
Like H.G says, I' sure you know what I mean Taddy. Maybe the producers want to create issues on the "No such thing as bad publicity" angle by making the programme controversial. If so, I'm sure they'll attain their objective, but at what cost?
I hardly think letting boys dance with boys or girls dance with girls is controversial! Same sex dance couples is becoming more common certainly in modern dance, so why not reflect that on the show?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:53 am

jimbo wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:21 am

I hardly think letting boys dance with boys or girls dance with girls is controversial! Same sex dance couples is becoming more common certainly in modern dance, so why not reflect that on the show?
I think ballroom/partner dancing is just a wee bit different than general modern dance or group dance Jimbo, but time will no doubt tell. End of day, as ever, que sera. Like Mr Dylan said, "Times they are a changing!".... :|

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:17 pm

jimbo wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
taddyontoast wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Why not just jump to the inevitable minority fad and have boys dressed as girls dancing with girls dressed as boys?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:29 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:17 pm

Why not just jump to the inevitable minority fad and have boys dressed as girls dancing with girls dressed as boys?
Can't do that Hobes, already claimed. It's called "pantomime".. :D

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:15 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:29 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:17 pm

Can't do that Hobes, already claimed. It's called "pantomime".. :D
No Tango, it's gendertime :D

taddyontoast
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by taddyontoast » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:10 pm

jimbo wrote:

Aye... i thought the key to the format was celebs being taught how to dance whilst facing weekly votes and judges... i very much doubt that it'll significantly change the show. I also don't really care as I'd rather watch moss grow! ;-)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:34 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
According to some media reports (The Guardian being one who commented) there has been talk of the organisers of Strictly Come Dancing discussing the future possibilities of same-sex partner dancing in the show.
WHAT?!?! The world of arts and dance is no place for same-sex couples. The very notion's outrageous.

They come round here replacing the Viennese Waltz with I'm a Little Teapot.

Boils my piss!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:15 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
taddyontoast wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Absolutely none, would be my estimate.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:46 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:15 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
taddyontoast wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Oh I don't know, reckon they'd lose more viewers than they'd gain.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:21 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:46 pm
Prufrock wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
taddyontoast wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
I'm sure they won't mind their demographic changing, if it means people who are offended by it bugger off and watch something else
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:05 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:21 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:46 pm
Prufrock wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
taddyontoast wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
I'm sure they won't mind their demographic changing, if it means people who are offended by it bugger off and watch something else
Mmmm with their tax on viewers increasingly under threat, it might concentrate the mind some what.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:59 pm

Harry Hewitt doesn't want to be a royal anymore!

One can only wonder why.

Edit:

Meghan Markle doesn't want to be a royal anymore. :lol:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:11 pm

Hats off to Her Maj, handled in no nonsense and timely fashion.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:29 am

Enoch wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:11 pm
Hats off to Her Maj, handled in no nonsense and timely fashion.
Well maybe not.......

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:34 pm

Seems a bit harsh asking them to repay the refurb costs back. Do they just go back to being ordinary Joe's now to earn a crust? He in the army and she back on the box? I think they've a lot more about them than Fergie and Edward but they're were pretty hopeless at earning outside the royal sphere.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:44 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:34 pm
Seems a bit harsh asking them to repay the refurb costs back. Do they just go back to being ordinary Joe's now to earn a crust? He in the army and she back on the box? I think they've a lot more about them than Fergie and Edward but they're were pretty hopeless at earning outside the royal sphere.
You don't have to look very hard or examine very closely the history of the "royal family" as in the current mob to realise what a largely unpleasant and vile lot they mainly are.

Not very nice people. And they clearly manage to attract some not very nice "fans" too.

You only need to read social media or comment forums about Meghan to see the sort of comments that really are from the lowest common denominators. Pond life.

So I think it best that they pay their money back go abroad and live a happy life free from the scrutiny and management from their so called family.