What a load of bollocks.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4222
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: What a load of bollocks.

Post by Enoch » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:46 pm

In fairness, AT, I'm not aware of anyone suggesting public funds be spent on that.

I'd settle for the old bloke from 'Take Your Pick'.

BONG!

Nationalist bollocks, federalist bollocks, all a load of bollocks.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38507
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: What a load of bollocks.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:35 pm

Enoch wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:46 pm
In fairness, AT, I'm not aware of anyone suggesting public funds be spent on that.

I'd settle for the old bloke from 'Take Your Pick'.

BONG!

Nationalist bollocks, federalist bollocks, all a load of bollocks.
In the light of present circumstances, is a recording of Big Ben boomed out from Westminster bell tower too simple a solution? Even the most devout of Islamists use them these days.. I've always loved church bells, but when crazy costs make them impractical,as seems to be the case here, is common sense not an option?
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25933
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: What a load of bollocks.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:54 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:03 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:00 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:17 pm
It is a little ironic how I who supposedly won't tolerate anyone else's opinion am happy for a couple to do whatever the hell they like. Yet you seem deeply unhappy and offended by their choices and the fact they seemingly have voiced an opinion different to yours.
:roll:
I really don't give a crap if they decided to jump off Niagara falls to be honest and the only reason I am angry at their choice is the fact they planned on using their position in the Royal family for their own financial gain subsidised by tax paying Joe public.
Anybody can have a different opinion until they start to ram it down others throats or indoctrinate the hapless young, then it' time to hit back.
Did they? And ultimately why do you care what they do with tax payers money or otherwise? I don't like the queen I would choose to just abolish the whole lot if I had my way. But I'm not raging about their use of tax payers money.

I'm tolerant to the point of ambivalence. If the Royal family want to use my money to hide Andrew then let them get on with it. Don't agree with it - but whatever - I'm not the moral majority on the royal family.
I know you are not stupid but that is the stupidest thing you have said. Of course they, well she did, just wait until she is done with Harry, give it 2-3 years the bloke will be a wreck.
I'm surprised given your usual oppo of spending on waifs and strays and rehabilitating crumbling walls by plastering over them in five star prisons you don't mind wasting tax payers money to bump start millionaires overseas.
And your evidence for that is what?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12844
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: What a load of bollocks.

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:54 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:03 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:00 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:17 pm
It is a little ironic how I who supposedly won't tolerate anyone else's opinion am happy for a couple to do whatever the hell they like. Yet you seem deeply unhappy and offended by their choices and the fact they seemingly have voiced an opinion different to yours.
:roll:
I really don't give a crap if they decided to jump off Niagara falls to be honest and the only reason I am angry at their choice is the fact they planned on using their position in the Royal family for their own financial gain subsidised by tax paying Joe public.
Anybody can have a different opinion until they start to ram it down others throats or indoctrinate the hapless young, then it' time to hit back.
Did they? And ultimately why do you care what they do with tax payers money or otherwise? I don't like the queen I would choose to just abolish the whole lot if I had my way. But I'm not raging about their use of tax payers money.

I'm tolerant to the point of ambivalence. If the Royal family want to use my money to hide Andrew then let them get on with it. Don't agree with it - but whatever - I'm not the moral majority on the royal family.
I know you are not stupid but that is the stupidest thing you have said. Of course they, well she did, just wait until she is done with Harry, give it 2-3 years the bloke will be a wreck.
I'm surprised given your usual oppo of spending on waifs and strays and rehabilitating crumbling walls by plastering over them in five star prisons you don't mind wasting tax payers money to bump start millionaires overseas.
And your evidence for that is what?
SussexRoyal and copyrights ring any bells?

Doubt Meagain would ever have had a chat with the director about voiceovers without meeting him as a 'Royal' etc.

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4222
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: What a load of bollocks.

Post by Enoch » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:29 pm

Chlorinated chicken was banned by the EU in 1997 and although it's still banned, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has deemed chlorine washed chicken safe. In a 2005 study, the EFSA found that treating poultry carcasses with the four most-commonly used antimicrobial substances* “would be of no safety concern.”

Still, politicians in Europe treat this more as a political issue rather than an issue of science, and have voted towards protectionist measures that continue to keep US chicken out, even though its own food safety authority has deemed these products safe.

Further, it's estimated that chlorine is used in only about 10% of processing plants in the U.S.
.

*As well as chlorine, other common antimicrobials used in processing chicken include paracetic acid (PAA), cetylpyridinium chloride (CPC), acidified sodium chlorite (ASC), organic acid rinses, bromine and others. I wonder which one your regular spicy wings are doused in.

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8521
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: What a load of bollocks.

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:57 am

It's more the reason why it might be required that is the problem. Piss poor standards and methods.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35882
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: What a load of bollocks.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:13 am

Enoch wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:29 pm

*As well as chlorine, other common antimicrobials used in processing chicken include paracetic acid (PAA), cetylpyridinium chloride (CPC), acidified sodium chlorite (ASC), organic acid rinses, bromine and others. I wonder which one your regular spicy wings are doused in.
At work we produce Polyester needlefelt, much of which is used in food production and comes into contact with food accordingly. As such it has to fall in line with Regulation (EC) 1935/2004 - ‘Framework Directive’ (Food Contact Materials) Regulation (EU) 10/2011 (Plastic Food Contact Materials) and Regulation (EC) 2023/2006 (GMP Regulation) Products.
The testing we have to have carried out and be certified against chiefly concerns fibre migration. These tests include exposure (6 hours at 145 deg C) to;
Antimony, Ethylene Glycol (So, antifreeze then) andTerephthalic Acid - all of which are commonly found in yer nosebag.
All stimulated by Tenax (extracted with 3% (w/v) acetic acid) too.
The specific migration limit (SML) is set with the assumption that 6.0dm2 of surface area comes into contact with 1kg of food.

Basically, there's all sorts of shit in your food, and the SML used to fall in line with Regulation (EU) 10/2011 is little more than an educated guess.
If I wanted to kill you with polyester, I'd basically have to choke you with the fecking stuff :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12844
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: What a load of bollocks.

Post by Hoboh » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:22 am

The choice of some people's polyester shirts could kill you with laughter anyway Bruce.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23358
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: What a load of bollocks.

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:27 am

After reading all this, I think I need a donner kebab.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35882
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: What a load of bollocks.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:35 am

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:22 am
The choice of some people's polyester shirts could kill you with laughter anyway Bruce.
:lol: Long live Primarni :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35882
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: What a load of bollocks.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:28 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:27 am
After reading all this, I think I need a donner kebab.
With chips and mayo. None of us are getting out of this shit alive :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23358
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: What a load of bollocks.

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:28 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:27 am
After reading all this, I think I need a donner kebab.
With chips and mayo. None of us are getting out of this shit alive :D
:lol:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests