Questions to which I can't find answers:

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Questions to which I can't find answers:

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:45 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:04 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:49 pm
jimbo wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:09 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:28 pm
I do now know the answer to this but it used to puzzle me.

If I post a letter from say Burkina Faso to the United States and pay 5 BF Shillings for the stamp, what's in it for the US postal service to actually deliver it?
Do the destination postal service bill back the country it was sent from? EG if we sent something to Australia we’d buy an expensive stamp here, presumably to cover their domestic delivery fee as well as our own. They then send an invoice to the Royal Mail to claim back their bit.
No. There's an international collective and standard they all adhere too. The wealthier nations pay more into the pot and delivery rates are monitored to try to ensure a good level of service across the globe.
Bloody hell. The evenings must fly by in your house! :wink:
:lol: our very own Postman Pat!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Questions to which I can't find answers:

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:33 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:45 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:04 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:49 pm
jimbo wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:09 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:28 pm
I do now know the answer to this but it used to puzzle me.

If I post a letter from say Burkina Faso to the United States and pay 5 BF Shillings for the stamp, what's in it for the US postal service to actually deliver it?
Do the destination postal service bill back the country it was sent from? EG if we sent something to Australia we’d buy an expensive stamp here, presumably to cover their domestic delivery fee as well as our own. They then send an invoice to the Royal Mail to claim back their bit.
No. There's an international collective and standard they all adhere too. The wealthier nations pay more into the pot and delivery rates are monitored to try to ensure a good level of service across the globe.
Bloody hell. The evenings must fly by in your house! :wink:
:lol: our very own Postman Pat!
He called me something that rhymes with Postman Pat when he read my reply. 😳 How rude!