Bolton's Lost Pubs.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Bolton's Lost Pubs.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:55 pm

Found this in the B.N and it brought back more than a few memories. I played football for the Red Lion in Howfen and darts for the Finishers at Heaton, and have been in a lot occasionally over the years, but Halliwell, Ainsworth Arms, the Mop (Weavers), Lamb,(my local) Bell View, Lord Raglan etc, were my main stomping grounds long ago plus Lower Nags, Brass Cat etc in town. Pity they show a lot of them in disrepair rather than in their prime and there are a lot missing. Nice memories though, particularly the King Bill... :) .

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17 ... /#gallery1
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: Bolton's Lost Pubs.

Post by Enoch » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:08 pm

My Old Man's local is in there, Tango. Dunscar Arms. It's flats now.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:46 pm

Wowzers, some memories in that little lot.

As someone said earlier, you could do the Halliwell mile in the car now and still be under the limit at the end of it.

The Edge Tavern was my first 'regular' boozer. On my 17th birthday I had to tell them that it was my 19th as I'd already been going in there for nearly a year :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:46 pm
Wowzers, some memories in that little lot.

As someone said earlier, you could do the Halliwell mile in the car now and still be under the limit at the end of it.

The Edge Tavern was my first 'regular' boozer. On my 17th birthday I had to tell them that it was my 19th as I'd already been going in there for nearly a year :)
When we went touring your way (roughly), :) The Tramways Lamb and Pineapple ( a mate had it for a while) were about it, although I played darts against the Edge a couple of times. My memory plays tricks these days unfortunately. I can still remember how Magee's best mild smelled though. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:02 am

I see my old local (geographically) the Brooklyn has closed now. Great Lever really is a graveyard for pubs. My old man and grandad always went to the Lodge Bank though, even though the Brooklyn was on our doorstep.