The Masters

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

The Masters

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:09 pm

Weird watching it with no "patrons" around the greens. Looks a little like a normal golf course.

Particularly enjoyed watching Bubba Watson hollering "Mud, it's all mud everywhere" as he got to grips with what is normal territory for most hackers. And the general grumbling about tier 2 rough (or whatever it's called when it's 4 inches high) - you want to try hacking the fcuker out when it's up to you thighs.

Rory needs to give his head a shake at +3 when the 63 year old Langer is at -4 and 62 year old Larry Mize is at -2.

De Chambeau - He can hit the thing some distance, but for all that, he's behind a 63 year old too. I think it's time the US went for courses with more challenge than belt it as far as you can.

Great round by Casey for the joint lead, but that Fritelli chap looks equally as on fire and Johnson's more than lurking all on -7.

Just glad I don't have to pronounce Jazz Janewattananond.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Masters

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:05 pm

Absolutely loving seeing the approach shots stopping dead on the greens, like the players have just thrown a dart.

I'm expecting good things from our lads this time out. Chiefly because these are the conditions they learned to play in; wet grass, rough is up (not that you can call it rough but you know what I mean), balls plugging, mud etc.

A tenner each way on Westwood might not have been a bad punt?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:36 pm

I reckon e-w bet on one of ours would probably be Rose for me. Johnson started R2 with a bag full of birdies.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:36 pm

McIlroy must be gutted at his first round with hindsight. He's something like +30 on majors first rounds since 2015... just a par first round would've left him in the final day shooting match. Johnson is looking ominously solid atm.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:21 pm

Stunning golf over 4 days by Johnson. A few Augusta records gone, there, methinks.