Six Nations 2021

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Six Nations 2021

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:14 am

This match v Scotland has been uncomfortably close the last two Six Nations. I think mentally the last few years, England have probably felt this could be an easier game (as opposed to Wales/Ireland and sometime France), but I hope they're out of the blocks on it, today.

It feels more like four tough tests and Italy with maybe Ireland and Wales having a bit of a lull, than it has done for a while.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Six Nations 2021

Post by Hoboh » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:37 pm

England were total garbage, just never turned Up, way too many errors and the Scots wanted it more.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:43 pm

Yup. Thank fcuk we can't go out. Well.beaten, scoreline does the sweaties a disservice. Odd occasion we got the ball we had no clue.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:54 pm

Bad day at Black Rock. No football, (my telly on the blink,no signal wife's okay?) no cigar, no coconut and not even a goldfish at rugby. I'd be hard put to see that England side as champs of anything. A big dose of resting on laurels. Did we have one serious attack all game? Let's hope that's a wake-up call for future games. No disrespect to Scotland; they came to battle and win and did both. 11-6 (and they missed 2 penalties) so all we needed was one try .....ah well, onwards then... :(
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:02 pm

Enjoyed the rugby this last two weekends but surprised to see Ireland lose twice. France looking very strong as ever but not sure where Scotland and Italy are just yet. Injuries are taking their toll for sure, but its rough tough and open so far. I just hope England have the passion being shown by the rest. Some good rugby on show for sure. England v Wales should be a real battle.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:56 am

It's going to be a tough one today and losing Courtney Laws is a real blow. The pressure will be on Itoji in the line outs. The Welsh are almost fanatical about beating England and we do need to win this to even our situation up. I reckon France and Ireland will both win, but you never know. I'm no expert, but I always feel Italy are better than their scores suggest. Their time will come. Meanwhile....get that chariot swinging low.... :oyea: :oyea:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:04 am

Aye, tough one today. Beaten by Scotland, defeated Italy but they still scored 18, so not great defensively at the moment, combined with kick the ball back gameplan, probably won't work well v Wales. We still have the capability, but need to see something different than we've witnessed so far.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:53 am

France Scotland game is off due to Covid but France are ever dangerous and probably favourites. Don't know when they'll play. Ireland and Italy are trailers right now, but who knows? Makes it important we win today.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:35 pm

Question - does any sporting contest suffer quite as badly as the Six Nations does through the current lack of crowd support? I don't think so.

Last week some gobshite from Silverstone was on telling how F1 is missing the support of the crowds. I'm sure it is, financially, though my thoughts lie with the owners of Oxfordshire B&Bs, not with Silverstone. Is he really trying to tell us that blokes driving at 200+ mph are buoyed by folks waving flags? Really?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:54 pm

Not sure from a players perspective it's much different than no fans at football or say the US Open golf. Certainly a big difference from a watching on tellybox perspective.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:44 pm

This is like a book full of interesting refereeing decisions...First one was a shocker.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:04 pm

And my afternoon was going so well.....Two losses from three games... :evil:

Oh, and the Welsh put in from line outs go so far backwards we may as well just give them the ball.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:19 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:04 pm
And my afternoon was going so well.....Two losses from three games... :evil:
Could easily be 4 losses from 5, the way we're playing.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:49 am

Interest has been blunted a bit and I can't see it changing much today. Italy won't beat Wales and we'll have to be super good to beat France. Sadly, I think this mission is over for this year.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:28 am

I think we need to look at our selections. Saracens haven't been playing until last week when the Championship started. There's quite a few who had little competitive match practice and it's showed. Think Eddie boobed there.

Two tough games left, starting with France today who ran us close in last six nations and even closer in the Autumn Nations. Can't see us winning if they're at their best and we're not, although a couple of Saracens players have made way in selection.

Just goes to show, slightly off par isn't good enough in the Six Nations as Scotland demonstrated last season, one or two miss steps more than the opposition in a game and you come off second.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:45 am

I'll confess I'm a bit lacking in general rugby knowledge although I'm learning. I know our current lot and have been supporting from afar as long back as DeLallio, Martin Johnson, Wilkinson etc for us, and (my second team) Bod, O'Gara, Steve Wood etc for Ireland. My lack of savvy shows in that I'd still like the aggression and speed of Mike Brown in there. I still believe we're up there with the best, with Joshua, Farrell, Ford, Itoje and Vunipola etc. but this year is gone, I think. We'll also miss the height and power of Courtney Lawes, still out through injury.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:25 pm

Problem is Tango, half that lot you mention play for Saracens (who have only played their first competitive match last week after the team was relegated for breaching the salary cap). That's part of the problem. Farrell, Itoje, George, Daly and both Vunipola's, haven't been playing competitive games.

Joshua is a boxer. :-) Joseph wouldn't have seen too much of it, with all the kicking England have been doing.

Mike Brown is now mid-30's and past his best. Part of why Daly is in at full-back is to try and give more impetus, but he's really a centre or wing. Sometimes it works but he's not really replaced what Brown could do.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:39 pm

Best game we've played so far against a good French side who have grown with Edward's coaching. I genuinely believe the Sarries players were undercooked at the start...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:50 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:39 pm
Best game we've played so far against a good French side who have grown with Edward's coaching. I genuinely believe the Sarries players were undercooked at the start...
Sorry about the Joshua cxck up from not concentrating. :oops: England game was a cracker because France are very good. Itoji was immense and Genje made a difference. All in all, a good afternoon's sport.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:52 am

All three games are on T.V. today. Italy and Scotland at 2-45, England v Ireland at 4-45 and France v Wales at 8-0'clock tonight. Should be good, although it looks like Wales will take the title.