NFL - America's Game

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

NFL - America's Game

Post by boltonboris » Thu May 13, 2021 11:23 am

Last couple of Season's I have really gotten into the NFL. Love the appeal of it, the scale of it and the intricacies of the Sport.

Started getting into it, by watching the All or Nothing Prime series, which are absolutely exceptional (aside from the Spurs one, which was shite)

My team are the Dallas Cowboys. My wife's team are the Seattle Seahwaks..

Thought I'd start a thread seen as the Fixtures ('Schedule') for 2021 have just been released and the Draft is over.

London games welcome Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Jets, Miami Doplhins and Atlanta Falcons..

Ones to watch out for are Trevor Lawrence - 1st overall pick and new Quarter back for the Jaguars and Justin Fields, of QB1 fame who has signed on for the Chicago Bears
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: NFL - America's Game

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 13, 2021 1:24 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:23 am
I have really gotten into the NFL.
Are you from fecking 'downtown Pittsburg PA' or some such all of a sudden? :D

Actually, I was staying in the same London hotel where United Airlines house their crews once. I went down into the bar and much to my chagrin they were all sat there watching some NFL game on the TV.

I've always had all NA sports down as being complete and utter bollocks.

Anyway, after one of them explained to me what it was that was actually going on I quite enjoyed it :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 13, 2021 2:21 pm

No interest myself, but my eldest step son lives in California and is a fanatic "Cheese head" ..apparently the name for fans of Green Bay Packers. He used to play quarter back for a team here in England years back.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 13, 2021 2:45 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:21 pm
No interest myself, but my eldest step son lives in California and is a fanatic "Cheese head" ..apparently the name for fans of Green Bay Packers. He used to play quarter back for a team here in England years back.
Didn't someone try to get something up and running at Grundy Hill, years back?

Was that the same set-up, Tango?
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 13, 2021 3:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:45 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:21 pm
Didn't someone try to get something up and running at Grundy Hill, years back?

Was that the same set-up, Tango?
Could well have been Bruce, I honestly can't remember. Must be about fifteen years or so ago at least, maybe more. He's been over there that long. I'll mention it when we communicate.

edit..Wife says it's twenty years. Time flies.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri May 14, 2021 1:30 pm

Got into it proper when I moved to the States and that's carried on since I've been back, going on five years now. Picked the Bills when I was over there (unfashionable team in the north, wonder why that seemed attractive). They've improved markedly in the last two years, and excited to see what this season holds for them.

Still never been to a London game, should probably rectify that.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon May 17, 2021 4:35 pm

Bills were brilliant last season - Great to watch. Josh Allen is a big player, in a league with some unreal QB's

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:27 pm

Not sure if anybody saw it, but this Sunday there were a couple of records broken

1st one, Cardinals kicker Matt Prater attempted a 66 yard field goal, which would have been an NFL record - The ball dropped a foot short of the posts, only to be caught by Jaguars receiver Jamal Agnew - He ran the entire length of the pitch to score a touch down (109 yards from post to end zone) and posted a total distance of 121.4 yards (with route deviation factored in).. He covered this in under 14 seconds, with a ball in his hand and dodging tackles... Absolutely incredible athleticism - Equivalent of running the 100m in 12.5 seconds whilst getting hit, carrying a ball

https://outsider.com/news/sports/watch- ... l-over-it/

Later on, the Field Goal record was broken was the last play of the match at Detroit, as the Baltimore Ravens kicker Justin Tucker made the 66 yard Field Goal to win the match.. Cue absolute scenes on the pitch

Another brilliant weekend of NFL action.. Liking this sport more every week!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:08 pm

Pfft - they got a way to go to hit the longest drop goal record at Rugby. :-)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:06 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:08 pm
Pfft - they got a way to go to hit the longest drop goal record at Rugby. :-)
Just seen it - 88 yards or sumfin? Crackers

Foot like a traction engine

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:08 am

Prater was actually trying a 68-yarder. Even 67, which he would have made, would have broken the record. Missed field goals are easier to return than punts or kickoffs because of the offensive formation used. Still it was a heck of a return.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:10 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:08 am
Prater was actually trying a 68-yarder. Even 67, which he would have made, would have broken the record. Missed field goals are easier to return than punts or kickoffs because of the offensive formation used. Still it was a heck of a return.
It's like me claiming a nearly world record on double tops on a Manchester board at darts.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:10 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:08 am
It's like me claiming a nearly world record on double tops on a Manchester board at darts.
I suppose it might if I knew anything about darts. Alas, your claim means nothing to me. Darts is not a popular game in bars over here. Too much collateral damage involving innocent bystanders and the possibility of law suits.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.