Nostalgia. It ain’t what it used to be…

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Nostalgia. It ain’t what it used to be…

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:27 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:47 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:43 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:28 pm

Guy who drove round in a van selling big bottles of pop. Those were the days! Did anyone actually like American cream soda? 🤮
No, but Irn Bru and Dandelion and Burdock in those stone bottles was pretty good, as was Root Beer in the Temperance Bars (the forerunners of the coffee bars.) :D
Dandelion and Burdock. Still pure nectar after all these years :D

Best served cold with a chippy tea!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:58 pm

I'm in for Corona American Cream Soda! Not now, but then....

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:05 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:24 pm
Good to see we've eventually got a thread to replace Facebook.

The Fentimans D&B is absolutely cracking.

Growing up my mate lived in the Bay Horse at the top on Babylon Lane. The road cycling events for the commonwealth games were scheduled to go right past the pub, and about six months before the games his mum (the landlady) bought a shiiiiiiit ton of multi packs of Panda Pops little fizzy drinks from Costco to sell to spectators alongside a BBQ and general street party fayre.

She made the mistake of storing the drinks in the barn where the (broken, and so free) pool table was. We started off "we'll just have one Dandelion and Burdock each".

Come the games and wheeling out the merch the only choice left was IrnBru or Ice cream soda :lol: we got a hell of a bollocking for that!
Ahhh Panda pops! They were fab! My kids would love them if they were still around! I liked Cherryade.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:16 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:58 pm

I knew you were a wrong ‘un!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:38 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:05 pm
Prufrock wrote:

Growing up my mate lived in the Bay Horse at the top on Babylon Lane. The road cycling events for the commonwealth games were scheduled to go right past the pub, and about six months before the games his mum (the landlady) bought a shiiiiiiit ton of multi packs of Panda Pops little fizzy drinks from Costco to sell to spectators alongside a BBQ and general street party fayre.

She made the mistake of storing the drinks in the barn where the (broken, and so free) pool table was. We started off "we'll just have one Dandelion and Burdock each".

Come the games and wheeling out the merch the only choice left was IrnBru or Ice cream soda :lol: we got a hell of a bollocking for that!
Ahhh Panda pops! They were fab! My kids would love them if they were still around! I liked Cherryade.
From memory our order of preference was: Dandelion and Burdock, Cherryade, the knock off Rola Cola, the blue one (god knows) and even the lemonade. But not IrnBru or cream soda.

Makes my teeth itch thinking about it :lol: Talk about legal highs!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:54 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:38 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

From memory our order of preference was: Dandelion and Burdock, Cherryade, the knock off Rola Cola, the blue one (god knows) and even the lemonade. But not IrnBru or cream soda.

Got me thinking now. Did we do pop flavours on the top 5 thread?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:10 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:16 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:58 pm

I knew you were a wrong ‘un!
Mum, is that you?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:44 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:54 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Put me down for a Cresta Raspberryade (it's frothy man) 😉
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:44 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:54 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Put me down for a Cresta (it's frothy man) 😉

I’m a secret lemonade drinker. R Whites lemonaaade. R Whites!