The Open Championship..

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Open Championship..

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:45 pm

Fair play to Smith. I was convinced he'd blown it yesterday.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:45 pm
Fair play to Smith. I was convinced he'd blown it yesterday.
Golf can be so cruel. Great faultless effort from Rory (and indeed Tommy Fleetwood) but it just wasn't to be. 18 under par at St Andew's is unbelievable. (I once had 18 over par at Troon where a machette is a necessity in the rough) :oops:

Well done the Brits. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:19 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:40 pm
Mcilroy has gone here. Got too tense. Has a habit of doing this in final rounds. He needs a big piece of luck or something just to get him going.
To be honest, he didn't do a great deal wrong - he just needed a couple of those putts which pulled up alongside to have gone in, from which none were off three-footers. Tee to green he was excellent.

But full credit must go to Cameron Smith who was basically unplayable yesterday, and congratulations to him.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:30 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:19 am

To be honest, he didn't do a great deal wrong - he just needed a couple of those putts which pulled up alongside to have gone in, from which none were off three-footers. Tee to green he was excellent.

But full credit must go to Cameron Smith who was basically unplayable yesterday, and congratulations to him.
Yes, I Agree with the B.B.C guy who said Rory didn't lose it, he was beaten by a better score. The quality of golf amongst the leaders was brilliant. Take nothing from Rory's flawless four rounds on one of the world's toughest courses and amongst the best players in the game.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:41 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:19 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:40 pm
Mcilroy has gone here. Got too tense. Has a habit of doing this in final rounds. He needs a big piece of luck or something just to get him going.

He didn’t do much wrong no. He just couldn’t sink anything on a day where low scores were really possible.

But you could see as the commentators described his game wasn’t quite there it was a bit too tentative. That’s what I meant. He froze a bit as he has a habit of doing and underhit a few and it just wasn’t flowing as it could.

He was unlucky that after a final round that would in many situations win the thing from a two shot lead he just had smith sinking everything from every distance.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:41 am

But you could see as the commentators described his game wasn’t quite there it was a bit too tentative. That’s what I meant.
When you see the amount of big world class names behind Rory (Tiger Woods couldn't even qualify) I tend to think just how well he did. Tentative? Hardly the word I would have used for 350 yard drives.; the pressure is always on the front guy, not the chasers.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:05 pm

Well, Rory Mac won the Scottish Open today. Let'c hope he can win THE OPEN next week. Well done the man. :oyea: