Idiot of the day

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Idiot of the day

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:56 pm

Resisting the urge to nominate a child in the football team I took at work today, these 2 win the inaugural GG ‘idiot of the day’ award.

https://www.heart.co.uk/showbiz/tv-movi ... lshmaM0AMk

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Idiot of the day

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:41 pm

I think the park should be advised to put a second bar at head height...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:29 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:41 pm
I think the park should be advised to put a second bar at head height...
I just can’t believe they have the cheek to threaten to sue the water park!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:09 am

Do you think this is one of those where some slimy 'PR agent' has slithered in told them that if they make a story out of it and threaten legal action they'll 'get on the telly' and 'make loadsa cash'. Cos that's how it sounds to me. How and why else would you end up on this morning? If you genuinely wanted to take action you'd swerve a TV appearance. If you hadn't been approached by such a specimen you'd be unlikely to be on TV.

The whole way the media works to manipulate the public at times is scandalous. But this looks like a prime example. See also how the Jeremy Kyle show operated as another example. Or every publication of the daily bloody mail. Find some stooges, whip up mild anger, rinse and repeat.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:03 am

The very utmost in lunacy. A true tale: A few years back a woman won a compensation claim after microwaving her cat to dry it. Her point was that nowhere in the manufacturers instructions did it say not to. The court upheld her claim and awarded her a million pounds. Common sense, what's that? :shock:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:48 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:03 am
The very utmost in lunacy. A true tale: A few years back a woman won a compensation claim after microwaving her cat to dry it. Her point was that nowhere in the manufacturers instructions did it say not to. The court upheld her claim and awarded her a million pounds. Common sense, what's that? :shock:
LOL. That tale is as old as the internet and completely made up. Its nonsense. Just goes to show how dangerous times are now when people believe and repeat any old rubbish.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:58 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
I hope it restores a little bit of your faith in humanity to learn that very much isn't a true story TD :D !!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:51 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:58 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
I hope it restores a little bit of your faith in humanity to learn that very much isn't a true story TD :D !!
Ah, It was passed on to me a fair while back. I had no reason to disbelieve the source at the time. Apologies if ,as you say, it was wrong. Mea culpa. :oops:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:10 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:51 pm
Ah, It was passed on to me a fair while back. I had no reason to disbelieve the source at the time. Apologies if ,as you say, it was wrong. Mea culpa. :oops:

You wouldn't have any reason to disbelieve the source, Tango; urban legends are regularly offered up as bona fide, nailed-on FACT :D

Often it's disappointing to discover what we've been told is a figment of another's imagination, but then as with yours here, it comes as something of a blessed relief. Many times though we find that whereas a tale has some factual basis, multiple tellings have distorted the whole thing altogether.

This, I find, is pretty handy for fishing out what's what https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/
May the bridges I burn light your way