SPOTY

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who should win SPOTY?

Peaty
43%
Tyson
14%
Sterling
No votes
Raducanu
29%
Daley
14%
Storey
No votes

Total votes: 7

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: SPOTY

Post by Prufrock » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:32 am
Is that £10 per head, or £10 all told?
From what I can make of it, Kerridge has come up with the recipes and they've organised a voucher scheme. So I think for a tenner you buy the voucher and the voucher gets you all the ingredients.

And then, according to the MEN: "Their new meal plans have the potential to feed a family of six for just £10, with leftovers for Boxing Day"
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:31 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:48 am
Prufrock wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:27 am
Words have not yet been invented to describe how little I care whether he does or not.

I think good quality Christmas meals for people struggling for only a tenner is smashing though.
It's odd that it even needs to be said.

What an excellent young man and role model he is. Shame he plays for 'that lot' though :D
Yep, though he's been shite on the pitch for two years now so it's a win-win :D

Didn't realise Kerridge's family struggled when he was a kid either. He did a series on helping struggling pubs (started just before the pandemic and then obviously dealing with that) on BBC that I would recommend. Seems a good egg too.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:34 pm

In general, I've always loved Christmas and its traditions ( mainly for kids) so it must be age that made me stop worrying about "special meals". Turkey (and its crackpot prices) mainly gets wasted so we gave up that yonks back. Wife cooks a piece of ham and some roast beef and we can enjoy three days or so off it. You get to be thankful for any decent meals and folk with three or four kids must find today's food prices horrendous on top of having to give he kids presents of any sort.

I've had my share of decent family Christmases after a childhood of not much, so today's footballers and their behavior is of little or no interest, more so those who blow trumpets. I admire the anonymous variety. Scoff if you will, but I never forget Jesus was born in a stable..Peace and joy be with you all. :wink:

Amen
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:39 pm

I don't think there's any trumpet blowing with Rashford, TD. There's no use having a voucher scheme if no-one knows about it and he's got 5m Twitter followers.

Thought the way he conducted himself when trying (and succeeding, twice) to get the government to change their mind on free school meals was unbelievably mature (and in stark contrast to a lot of those who should have known better on the other side). He's a very wealthy young man who could keep his head down in his mansion, but instead time and time again goes out of his way to make a real genuine difference to people far less fortunate.

Seems a genuinely lovely lad. And not quite good enough to lead them lot to the league, but good enough that they might just think they can, to boot.