The Winter Olympics

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8553
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

The Winter Olympics

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:25 pm

Anyone else looking forward to a few weeks of getting overly involved in obscure winter sports you couldn’t normally care less about 3 out of every 4 winters?! I have no idea who our medal hopes are (if any)?!

User avatar
Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 31675
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: The Winter Olympics

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:33 pm

Crochet. Looking forwards to the team event!

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12929
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: The Winter Olympics

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:11 pm

In Canada, where winter lasts from November to Marrch, we are interested in winter sports and do better in the Olympics. So I will watch.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

User avatar
Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38742
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The Winter Olympics

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:59 am

I wonder how many drugs cheats will attempt to play the vaccination card? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38742
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The Winter Olympics

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:12 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:25 pm
Anyone else looking forward to a few weeks of getting overly involved in obscure winter sports you couldn’t normally care less about 3 out of every 4 winters?! I have no idea who our medal hopes are (if any)?!
Curling. Eve Muirhead is brilliant at it.

Some years ago there was another Scottish woman, who looked like Colin Hendry. She was a good one also.

This one here, see: Image

You can almost see Gascoigne knocking it over her head before running round her :lol:

I had a go once, at curling. I was staying overnight at The Stranraer Castle Hotel and they have a curling rink there, just by the bar. Anyway, I got invited on to the ice and asked if I'd like to have a few goes, so I did. It's ridiculously difficult :oops:
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23780
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: The Winter Olympics

Post by Prufrock » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:12 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:25 pm
Anyone else looking forward to a few weeks of getting overly involved in obscure winter sports you couldn’t normally care less about 3 out of every 4 winters?! I have no idea who our medal hopes are (if any)?!
Curling. Eve Muirhead is brilliant at it.

Some years ago there was another Scottish woman, who looked like Colin Hendry. She was a good one also.

This one here, see: Image

You can almost see Gascoigne knocking it over her head before running round her :lol:

I had a go once, at curling. I was staying overnight at The Stranraer Castle Hotel and they have a curling rink there, just by the bar. Anyway, I got invited on to the ice and asked if I'd like to have a few goes, so I did. It's ridiculously difficult :oops:
His then Rangers teammate Colin Henry's head no less (and then past his other Rangers teammate in nets, Andy Goram).

Goram tells the story of how they turned up to preseason training to find Gazza in the changing room knocking the ball over the "head" of a mop propped up in a traffic cone and blasting in past a beachball in "nets" :lol:

Not a pub game then, curling? I'm surprised they haven't set one up in Shoreditch.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8553
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The Winter Olympics

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:02 pm

Enjoyed the opening ceremony with the twins. Surprised how good oldest sons geography is, he knew where all the countries that have a decent football team are!

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2103
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: The Winter Olympics

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:09 pm

I'm just watching the Mogul skiing and wincing at impact of the shock absorption that must be running through their bodies.

User avatar
Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38742
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The Winter Olympics

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:58 pm

Switchback nine? Front ten eighty? Big air?
Talk in fecking riddles, why don't you?!
That's the rest of the snowboarding being watched with the sound turned down. These overexcited commentary types are as annoying as Micah Richards.
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12929
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: The Winter Olympics

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:15 am

nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:09 pm
I'm just watching the Mogul skiing and wincing at impact of the shock absorption that must be running through their bodies.
Until today Canada had never not won a medal in women's moguls. All three Canadians crashed out in the preliminaries today. The impact is worse when you crash!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests