PROOF AT LAST: NATASHA KNOWS BEST

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Natasha
Hopeful
Hopeful

PROOF AT LAST: NATASHA KNOWS BEST

Post by Natasha » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:01 am

I’ve been telling you for months now, but at last conclusive proof that I know more about football than you miserable lot:

British women are top of the table when it comes to knowledge about the beautiful game, relegating their menfolk to second spot, according to a survey released today.

Research found that 59 per cent of women could correctly identify the offside law - one of the game's hardest to comprehend - as opposed to just 55 per cent of men.

Also 65 per cent of women correctly used the title assistant referee, while 40 per cent of men wrongly referred to the official as a "linesman".

"I've never understood the big fuss surrounding whether girls know what they're talking about when it comes to football because it was my mum who taught me the offside rule when I was a kid," Sky Sports presenter Helen Chamberlain said.
It's only a football forum.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:07 am

Get the kettle on. We'll be needing a brew whilst we discuss this. Two sugars in mine, pet.

:D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

perfan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by perfan » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:08 am

So :arse:
Buster League Champion!

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:09 am

You haven't got your heads around the concept of parallel parking yet though ladies!

8)
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:09 am

Those are made up, nobody knows the official offside rule, not even the ref's.

And it is linesman, not fkn assistant referee.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:15 am

Hooray!!

(Although I admit I can't park.)

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: PROOF AT LAST: NATASHA KNOWS BEST

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:16 am

Natasha wrote:Research found that 59 per cent of women could correctly identify the offside law - one of the game's hardest to comprehend - as opposed to just 55 per cent of men.
Yeah and like most straw polls the researcher has neglected to give us the full facts. I have here the complete transcript before it was doctored by the "right on, lets go girls, all men are b'stards, groovy handbag, white stiletto wearing feminist brigade":

Research found that 59 per cent of the Arsenal women’s team women could correctly identify the offside law - one of the game's hardest to comprehend - as opposed to just 55 per cent of the Blackburn Rovers Supporters association men.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:19 am

There's no such thing as an "assistant refree". The ref rules and the others are just ( in the words of Graham Lovatt) "flag wavers".

The offside rule is football's answer to the rubic cube. Where in the rules is shirt-grabbing and arm-holding allowed?
The "rules" are a joke. Women know everything, we've known that for years. :P :P
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:23 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
Natasha wrote:Research found that 59 per cent of women could correctly identify the offside law - one of the game's hardest to comprehend - as opposed to just 55 per cent of men.
Yeah and like most straw polls the researcher has neglected to give us the full facts. I have here the complete transcript before it was doctored by the "right on, lets go girls, all men are b'stards, groovy handbag, white stiletto wearing feminist brigade":

Research found that 59 per cent of the Arsenal women’s team women could correctly identify the offside law - one of the game's hardest to comprehend - as opposed to just 55 per cent of the Blackburn Rovers Supporters association men.
That's pretty disgusting. Where did you find that out?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:29 am

H. Pedersen wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:

That's pretty disgusting. Where did you find that out?
It's all on the Internet. I just popped the quote into Google and it came back with the real facts. It was on the following link:

http://www.whoneedsmenanyway.com/weknow ... pollmockup

Bazaarly, their poll was conducted by their 'raving, roving reporter' Miss Natasha. Coincidence? :conf:

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:29 am

It is Linesman and will always be Linesman. I have never once heard somebody say "Offside!! Assistant Referee!!"

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:32 am

OK, I actually did my research. Here is the real story. My emphasis has been added:
WOMEN RULE WHEN IT COMES TO OFFSIDE
FEMALE football fans know the offside rule better than men, according to a poll.

The findings that will shock male supporters were made by a sports bar chain.

Walkabout quizzed 1000 men and women watching matches in their pubs across the country.

And they found 59 per cent of women could explain football's most complicated law properly compared with 55 per cent of men.

A player is in an offside position if nearer the opposition's goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent when the ball is played.

Players can't be offside if in their own half, for example, and there have been various changes to the rule recently.

However, it seems women still know best.

Experts believe it is because they are better at listening and more determined to understand what they are watching.

They also grasp what pundits say about the rule, while most males learned it from their dads, who may have explained it badly.

Helen Chamberlain, who presents Soccer AM on Sky, said: "I've never understood the big fuss surrounding whether girls know what they are talking about.

"My mum taught me the offside rule when I was a kid.

"Blokes try to make it a big deal but it's not, although they never seem to get tired of asking me to explain the offside rule.

"Maybe it's because they don't understand it themselves"
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_ob ... _page.html

So a few points here. The first is that it was conducted BY A BAR. So that's hardly Zogby, is it? Not very scientific. The second point to make here is that is seems to me that women going to a sports bar to watch a football game are pretty damned dedicated. At least at the English Pub here, there are a great many more men than women. The women who would come with me to the George and Dragon to watch a game would certainly know the offside rule, while my male friends, who are in general more likely to do so, might have only a more passing interest in the beautiful game.

It's a rigged study, but the "rah rah girl power bullshit" activists don't want you to know that so the relevant details have been removed in the story that's floating around. I think it's vile.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:34 am

H. Pedersen wrote:OK, I actually did my research. Here is the real story. My emphasis has been added:
WOMEN RULE WHEN IT COMES TO OFFSIDE
FEMALE football fans know the offside rule better than men, according to a poll.

The findings that will shock male supporters were made by a sports bar chain.

Walkabout quizzed 1000 men and women watching matches in their pubs across the country.

And they found 59 per cent of women could explain football's most complicated law properly compared with 55 per cent of men.

A player is in an offside position if nearer the opposition's goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent when the ball is played.

Players can't be offside if in their own half, for example, and there have been various changes to the rule recently.

However, it seems women still know best.

Experts believe it is because they are better at listening and more determined to understand what they are watching.

They also grasp what pundits say about the rule, while most males learned it from their dads, who may have explained it badly.

Helen Chamberlain, who presents Soccer AM on Sky, said: "I've never understood the big fuss surrounding whether girls know what they are talking about.

"My mum taught me the offside rule when I was a kid.

"Blokes try to make it a big deal but it's not, although they never seem to get tired of asking me to explain the offside rule.

"Maybe it's because they don't understand it themselves"
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_ob ... _page.html

So a few points here. The first is that it was conducted BY A BAR. So that's hardly Zogby, is it? Not very scientific. The second point to make here is that is seems to me that women going to a sports bar to watch a football game are pretty damned dedicated. At least at the English Pub here, there are a great many more men than women. The women who would come with me to the George and Dragon to watch a game would certainly know the offside rule, while my male friends, who are in general more likely to do so, might have only a more passing interest in the beautiful game.

It's a rigged study, but the "rah rah girl power bullshit" activists don't want you to know that so the relevant details have been removed in the story that's floating around. I think it's vile.
That's what I said.....

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:40 am

Just goes to show you, when you hear something in the media and you think "that sounds like bullshit," it probably is. Most people don't bother to find out the real scoop or analyze what they are hearing. That's why I love snopes.com. I've caught so many people spouting erroneous claims, it's great.

Natasha
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Natasha » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:06 am

H. Pedersen wrote:It's a rigged study, but the "rah rah girl power bullshit" activists don't want you to know that so the relevant details have been removed in the story that's floating around. I think it's vile.
I really do pity some of you.

This was a joke, a light-hearted tongue-in-cheek post playing on the fact men think they know more about football.

Yet some of you have, once again, been trawling the internet to find the full transcript and are treating it like someone set fire to your penis.

GET A SENSE OF HUMOUR YOU MUPPETS
It's only a football forum.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:10 am

Natasha wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:It's a rigged study, but the "rah rah girl power bullshit" activists don't want you to know that so the relevant details have been removed in the story that's floating around. I think it's vile.

This was a joke, a light-hearted tongue-in-cheek post playing on the fact men think they know more about football.

Yet some of you have, once again, been trawling the internet to find the full transcript and are treating it like someone set fire to your penis.

To be fair, only H. Pedersen trawled the internet, I actually made mine up on the spot. And I'd assume that HP did it because he feels as passionate about people doctoring studies as you do about people not seeing the funny side of one of your posts. each to their own, eh?

Love you by the way.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:13 am

Natasha wrote:

Burned penis's can be treated. Football is much more serious :P :P

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:16 am

Offside?...is'n't that when the ball gets booted out the side of the pitch? :D
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:20 am

InsaneApache wrote:Offside?...is'n't that when the ball gets booted out the side of the pitch? :D
The term "offside" is actually a get-out clause for refrees in case a penalty is in the offing or Bolton score when playing away (specifically against Man U Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea) :P :P

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:07 pm

Research found that 59 per cent of women could correctly identify a burnt Penis - one of the game's hardest to comprehend - as opposed to just 55 per cent of men.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.