golf

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:50 am

No Batman, I've not mis-spelled "Gotham".
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Haigh Hall used to be Wigan's Municipal Course. Has that changed now?
Haigh Hall's still there, but looking very ropey these days.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:04 pm

My driving and putting is pretty hot but Im poor down the fairway and usually end up lobbing my clubs at passers by! actually played the brabazon at the belfry last year and lost 4 balls, I was an angry chap that night

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:34 pm

I'd be well up for that, just I need a bit of notice........ I'll play anytime.

Also anyone wanting a game up in Aberdeen.......

I'm "enthusiastic" rather than good. Playing of 19 at the moment but have been much better. Never played until '96 when I came to Scotland but been playing regular since then.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:12 pm

used play off 14 at old links then didn't play for 4 and a bit years. picked up a club last month when i got invited on a corporate do and fook me i hit it better than i ever did. a summer of corporate dos and munis await

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:14 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:used play off 14 at old links then didn't play for 4 and a bit years. picked up a club last month when i got invited on a corporate do and fook me i hit it better than i ever did. a summer of corporate dos and munis await
That means you're in then Ginge? :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:17 pm

My problem with golf is that I always seem to struggle to get it through the Clown's mouth !!!! :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:21 pm

right then. All those who are serious about taking part, PM me and let me know if you prefer weekend or weekday for the TW Open and I'll look at organising something.

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:55 pm

Is it Guys Only Ladies F off???

I'm learning, I play left-handed and it is hard to get hold of girl left-handed clubs, my seven iron is a blokes one and I have to hold it way down the shaft with the end poking in my middle... (sorry if that just sounds dodgy)

Don't worry if it's just fellas, I'll leave you to it!! I'd probably have to set off about 3 hours before anyone else cause I can't hit it very far and it's forever my turn...

Have fun!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:00 pm

Gertie wrote:Is it Guys Only Ladies F off???

I'm learning, I play left-handed and it is hard to get hold of girl left-handed clubs, my seven iron is a blokes one and I have to hold it way down the shaft with the end poking in my middle... (sorry if that just sounds dodgy)

Don't worry if it's just fellas, I'll leave you to it!! I'd probably have to set off about 3 hours before anyone else cause I can't hit it very far and it's forever my turn...

Have fun!!
Since it's a TW event, why not make it an Open and give everybody a good day out?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:07 pm

It's an "open" so all are invited to play a round. Lefties and girls included.

(gerts, if memory serves, they have left-handed clubs for hire in the pro's shop)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:17 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:My problem with golf is that I always seem to struggle to get it through the Clown's mouth !!!! :?
It was the windmill that always messed my round up.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:38 pm

Come on guys, not my entries for the 5th Major so far PM me if you are interested, we're probably looking at either the 14th/15th or 16th July.

It will be a stableford points system to make it a more even playing field and if we get enough entrants possibly even a trophy & prizes.

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:57 pm

I can't play golf :cry: - perhaps I could come along and carry Gertie's bag :wink: !!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:01 pm

Super_Kevin_Davies wrote:I can't play golf :cry: - perhaps I could come along and carry Gertie's bag :wink: !!!
I think one of our other competitors wants you to play a round with him or you could just hold his balls and his wood.

I'm a bit concerned about Gertie's entry, her driving is suspect and I'm expecting her to spend at least 30 minutes at a par three checking her socks when someone tell her she's got " a hole in one".

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:27 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
Super_Kevin_Davies wrote:I can't play golf :cry: - perhaps I could come along and carry Gertie's bag :wink: !!!
I think one of our other competitors wants you to play a round with him or you could just hold his balls and his wood.

I'm a bit concerned about Gertie's entry, her driving is suspect and I'm expecting her to spend at least 30 minutes at a par three checking her socks when someone tell her she's got " a hole in one".
I've had a swing of his five iron, it was a bit stiff and cold - perhaps that is what has put me off playing :wink: !!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:32 pm

Super_Kevin_Davies wrote:

I've had a swing of his five iron, it was a bit stiff and cold - perhaps that is what has put me off playing :wink: !!
a stiff shaft is what a novice like you needs, just remember not to grip too hard, keep your head down and your feet apart

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:38 pm

Super_Kevin_Davies wrote:

a stiff shaft is what a novice like you needs, just remember not to grip too hard, keep your head down and your feet apart
LOL :D - I'm going to quit whilst I'm ahead commie and say no more from here on in :wink: !!!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:07 am

The TW Open - I like the sound of that. I'm off 7, but don't get to play much these days one way or another.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:18 am

Right I've got

Me
Bruce
HRG
MYCIEC
Ratbert
Tango

and unconfirmed interest from
Plodder
Dr Hotdog
Sotwa
Gertie (don't worry the way we play is geared so that you will have as agood a chance as anyone else.)
Harry Genshaw

The date is either 14th July or 16th July.

It would be nice to get as many as possible.

Please can you let me know if you want to play plus which date is best for you and I'll crack on with the prizes and arrangements.

Anyone else? Oh and can I have hadicaps from those that haven't already declared theirs, I'll have no bandits ta very much! :wink: