I've seeen the light...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

I've seeen the light...

Post by InsaneApache » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:55 pm

Religion Thread Alert

Glory be, hallelujah , I am a sinner to be be saved by Our Lord...

http://creationists.org/index.html

Am I alone, or has anyone seen as much drivel as this in one place?
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: I've seeen the light...

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:26 am

InsaneApache wrote:Religion Thread Alert

Glory be, hallelujah , I am a sinner to be be saved by Our Lord...

http://creationists.org/index.html

Am I alone, or has anyone seen as much drivel as this in one place?
Treading on very old ground Geronimo. The world is full of religions or "faiths". Their are six major ones and 600 offshoots (don't take the latter figure seriously, but it's probably not far out in those who claim to be the "One true church", most of them with an agenda less than saintly) End of day, every person will believe what they want to, science or miracle. Arguing about it is pointless so I won't bother. We already did the "Angels and Demons" thread a while back. Didn't get us far. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Apathy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Apathy » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:49 am

I find it simply astounding that in this modern day people can still believe in creationism. The worrying aspect about all this though, is that around 50% of Americans believe this, and they are pushing for it to be taught in schools.

There is a program that I fancy watching on Monday at 20:00 on Channel 4, about a relgious college in the US that teaches all this crap and more, and how its students are getting positions of power in the goverment. If these people eventually take power in the US then it's going to end up like a Christian version of Iran. Well probably not that bad, but it is moving in that direction. Alreadya politician can't get elected in the U.S. if they don't proclaim that they are a Chrisitian. At least in this country people of all religions or none, straight or gay can.

BTW all Muslims believe in creationism too. Not some, but all. Islam doesn't allow them to interpret their holy books, because it is the inerrant word of God.

I have had to bite my lip at work recently when one of my colleagues (a very nice & very intelligent lad) has told me with all sincerity that pigs were created by God on Noah's ark to eat all the rubbish, and on another occasion that men were made out of clay and that Allah then breathed life into them. :crazy:

A bit of trivia to finish.

Allah is the arabic word for God, and is used by all Arabs, whether they are Muslims, Christians or Jews.