Couldn't resist it.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Couldn't resist it.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:57 am

Got my very first copy of my novel delivered today. Bags of gloss, great job. Just couldn't resist sharing it. Made up. All I have to do now is sell the b-----d. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:33 am

and where is your magnificent octopus on sale?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:41 am

Biography of a misfiring ex-Liverpool striker?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:47 am

Really tango? did you write a book? how much and where, I may have to sample to litarary talents squire

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:50 am

Any chance of a booksigning for us, Tango?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:56 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Any chance of a booksigning for us, Tango?
Apparently he was going to do six signings before the World Cup but they failed to materialise. Typical lack of ambition!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:00 am

Little Green Man wrote:
Apparently he was going to do six signings before the World Cup but they failed to materialise. Typical lack of ambition!
haha!! dry and clever! just my style!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:09 am

communistworkethic wrote:and where is your magnificent octopus on sale?
The site is: www.lulu.com

In the "Browse" section type "MORO" in the search panel and it should come up. Click on my name and it will give you the details. I'm just re-working the book to a different format but it's come out quite good as is.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:09 am

Little Green Man wrote:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:24 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You can laugh all you want. I for one will not be renewing my library card next year!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:26 am

Word is, Sam's read the thread and just signed Tony Book. :mrgreen:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:32 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Word is, Sam's read the thread and just signed Tony Book. :mrgreen:
What he actually said was "book off you lot" well.... it sounded like book

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:52 pm

Blimey, it's a bit dangerous letting us know your name and address TD - I'd heard that SKD and Gertie were out to get you for some of your offcolour sexist remarks.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:59 pm

I was thinkin that myself, other details are shared too, Id have a word with that particular webmaster

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:05 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Blimey, it's a bit dangerous letting us know your name and address TD - I'd heard that SKD and Gertie were out to get you for some of your offcolour sexist remarks.
It'll be deleted in the new edition, in a couple of days time. Only went in because when using normal publishers it's a requirement. I'll just have to move to a new address in Spain off the book profits. :mrgreen:

Yeah, right.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Blimey, it's a bit dangerous letting us know your name and address TD - I'd heard that SKD and Gertie were out to get you for some of your offcolour sexist remarks.
It'll be deleted in the new edition, in a couple of days time. Only went in because when using normal publishers it's a requirement. I'll just have to move to a new address in Spain off the book profits. :mrgreen:

Yeah, right.
Well, since you have used a Canadian publisher the sales should be astronomical. :? Although I believe the work is done, appropriately enough, in Morrisville, North Carolina. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:28 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote: Well, since you have used a Canadian publisher the sales should be astronomical. :? Although I believe the work is done, appropriately enough, in Morrisville, North Carolina. :wink:
Actually, Monty, they came to me posted from Spain, believe it or not, and it took two weeks to get them. I'm er, not planning retirement from the royalties just yet. :mrgreen:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote: Well, since you have used a Canadian publisher the sales should be astronomical. :? Although I believe the work is done, appropriately enough, in Morrisville, North Carolina. :wink:
Actually, Monty, they came to me posted from Spain, believe it or not, and it took two weeks to get them. I'm er, not planning retirement from the royalties just yet. :mrgreen:
The owner, Bob Young, lives in Hamilton, Ont. and also owns the Hamilton Tiger Cats (our kind of football). The computers and development work reside in North Carolina. This year he set up European operation in five countries including Spain. You can read a little about him and Lulu in the local
Hamilton paper. Perhaps SOTWA's novel will be published there also and you two can compete for the Blooker Prize.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:44 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote: [The owner, Bob Young, lives in Hamilton, Ont. and also owns the Hamilton Tiger Cats (our kind of football). The computers and development work reside in North Carolina. This year he set up European operation in five countries including Spain. You can read a little about him and Lulu in the local
Hamilton paper. Perhaps SOTWA's novel will be published there also and you two can compete for the Blooker Prize.
Yes, I read all about him in BBC article. Clever guy and did a great service to first time writers. At least it gives us a chance.
Power to the man.

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:15 pm

Well done mate, outrageously priced though :D