Please, please let this be the last ever Take That thread...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:08 pm

Gertie wrote:
warthog wrote:Glad you enjoyed yourself Gertie. I got a reply from the mail I sent to Marky on your behalf. The news isn't good.
Hoggie!!!! What happened?????

Did you not stress the part that I'm not mental???????

Oh this is the biggest disasteration!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I did my best for you. As you can see from the reply, you're not really the issue.
Mark Owen wrote:Dear Hoggie,

Thank you for your e-mail and your friend’s kind offer of marriage. Unfortunately, I am unable to oblige.

For one thing, my publicists tell me that I’m with someone called Emma who is expecting a baby. God knows whose it is, because I’ve never met the bloody woman. The things you have to when your famous eh?

The main problem however, is that I’m gay. I’d appreciate it if you kept this info to yourself as it’ll affect my record sales if the girlies realise that I’m not up to the job, so to speak.

Best regards

Luv

Markie xx

PS Do you know any nice boys?

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:22 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Well then I need someone new to fancy and who will ignore me and not know I'm alive.....

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:50 pm

warthog wrote:
Gertie wrote:
warthog wrote:Glad you enjoyed yourself Gertie. I got a reply from the mail I sent to Marky on your behalf. The news isn't good.
Hoggie!!!! What happened?????

Did you not stress the part that I'm not mental???????

Oh this is the biggest disasteration!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I did my best for you. As you can see from the reply, you're not really the issue.
Mark Owen wrote:Dear Hoggie,

Thank you for your e-mail and your friend’s kind offer of marriage. Unfortunately, I am unable to oblige.

For one thing, my publicists tell me that I’m with someone called Emma who is expecting a baby. God knows whose it is, because I’ve never met the bloody woman. The things you have to when your famous eh?

The main problem however, is that I’m gay. I’d appreciate it if you kept this info to yourself as it’ll affect my record sales if the girlies realise that I’m not up to the job, so to speak.

Best regards

Luv

Markie xx

PS Do you know any nice boys?
Hey Crazy, you're in there.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:06 pm

751 hits and 82 replies to "The last Take That thread ever" Wow! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:07 pm

that's 83, no 84. D'Oh!!

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:08 pm

Well I've done 74 of them; Crazy has done 12 so the rest must be you my Commie Pal.... Hmmmmmmm......

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:12 pm

Gertie wrote:Well I've done 74 of them; Crazy has done 12 so the rest must be you my Commie Pal.... Hmmmmmmm......
and not one single word of encouragement for your nonsense in any one of them. Dragging them through the streets of manchester at the back of a fast car, then throwing their flayed bodies in a vat of vinegar is too good for them.

Besides if I don't ditsract myself from work today someone is likely to be beheaded.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:16 pm

Gertie wrote:Well I've done 74 of them; Crazy has done 12 so the rest must be you my Commie Pal.... Hmmmmmmm......
But Hon, yours is only the 85th response! :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:33 pm

Oh I'm not good at maths.... :?

In which case I've done 85 replies, Crazy has 12 and Commie has done the rest in which he has been mostly grumpy.....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:36 pm

I give up! :shock:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:40 pm

Gertie wrote:Oh I'm not good at maths.... :?

In which case I've done 85 replies, Crazy has 12 and Commie has done the rest in which he has been mostly grumpy.....
I do grumpy so well though.

Marshall
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Marshall » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:55 pm

Gnome wrote:Angels and Airwaves weren't that good and the singer was a complete tit!
Angels and Airwaves were quite possibly the worst band I have ever seen in my entire (short) life. They got booed off in Manchester yesterday. I was a tad disappointed with The Strokes, they were a tad boring. However, top marks to The Subways, who I thought were brilliant.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:02 pm

white blood wrote:Razorlight came on after them and were amazing!
Now, I know that it shouldn't, but the thing that puts me off this lot is the fact that the lead singer is a cringe inducing cock of the highest order. It's a shame really because they're a tight rock and roll unit.

Gnome
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gnome » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:04 pm

Marshall wrote:Angels and Airwaves were quite possibly the worst band I have ever seen in my entire (short) life. They got booed off in Manchester yesterday. I was a tad disappointed with The Strokes, they were a tad boring. However, top marks to The Subways, who I thought were brilliant.
The Subways are great, saw them at uni, and supporting Franz Ferdinand

I wanted the Strokes in London, i thought they would be quite good.
Nay-Nay: so good they named me twice

"oh Nicky Hunt, should play up front, oh Nicky Hunt should play up front"

Muse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Muse » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:32 pm

Gnome wrote:
Marshall wrote:Angels and Airwaves were quite possibly the worst band I have ever seen in my entire (short) life. They got booed off in Manchester yesterday. I was a tad disappointed with The Strokes, they were a tad boring. However, top marks to The Subways, who I thought were brilliant.

I thought the strokes were good when i saw them at V two years ago but dragged the set on a bit too long with covers no-one seemed to know, Muse were truely awsome that year best live band i have seen and my favorite band (hence my screen name although it shouldnt be but thats a different story). I saw the Subways supporting oasis and the city of manchester stadium and they were alrite though i don't rate them that highly personally. Franz Ferdinand were alot better live then i thought they would be at V last year. And i really really dont like razorlight and sat drinking throughout their set, except for golden touch which is alright, although i think i was unfairly harsh on them because they were supporting the Manics, who were immense, and i just wanted them to come on.
:oops: Oh and because of the title i may aswell admit i have seen take that live too back before they split up. I was rather young and bascially forced to go but from memory i quite enjoyed it :oops:

Marshall
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Marshall » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:44 pm

Muse wrote:
Gnome wrote:

I thought the strokes were good when i saw them at V two years ago but dragged the set on a bit too long with covers no-one seemed to know, Muse were truely awsome that year best live band i have seen and my favorite band (hence my screen name although it shouldnt be but thats a different story). I saw the Subways supporting oasis and the city of manchester stadium and they were alrite though i don't rate them that highly personally. Franz Ferdinand were alot better live then i thought they would be at V last year. And i really really dont like razorlight and sat drinking throughout their set, except for golden touch which is alright, although i think i was unfairly harsh on them because they were supporting the Manics, who were immense, and i just wanted them to come on.
:oops: Oh and because of the title i may aswell admit i have seen take that live too back before they split up. I was rather young and bascially forced to go but from memory i quite enjoyed it :oops:
Yeah I saw them then, but they were much better this time, although maybe that's because I knew most of the songs this time around.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:47 pm

Right, well being as you lot have spent the past couple of weeks standing in football stadiums and public parks watching some bands perform (or in certain cases - Take That), tonight I'm off to Leeds Uni to watch Death Cab for Cutie. It's a gig that I've been waiting for months to come round. Give me a flat hall with a stage at one end, quality acoustics and no need for giant screens anyday! :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:07 pm

:shock: I cannot believe someone bumped this thread just when it had faded peacefully away. Who is this Bruce Rioja anyway?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:10 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote::shock: I cannot believe someone bumped this thread just when it had faded peacefully away. Who is this Bruce Rioja anyway?
Must be a closet take that fan like Crazy Horse.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:13 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote::shock: I cannot believe someone bumped this thread just when it had faded peacefully away. Who is this Bruce Rioja anyway?
Must be a closet take that fan like Crazy Horse.
I think that Crazy is out of the closet???