The "movement" returns....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

The "movement" returns....

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:33 pm

Tuesday, June 13th 2006
Empire single release // Heroes free download

empire (Greek) adj. 1. to be the best, to have won. As good as it gets. The feeling you get in the Sistine Chapel. The most incredible gig you've ever played or been to. The night that it all went right, when everything came together. A belief or euphoria. A confidence that can only come in the knowledge that you've won. A description of something that is superb, great and agreeable. You are empire. July 24th to August 21st.

**And we're back
It's been 449 days since Kasabian last released a record. You've probably spent about 4000 hours asleep since then. Another 2000 watching rubbish TV. Lazy.

Kasabian, however, have been busy. They've made a new record. A monster of a record. It's empire.

**Pre-order Empire get Heroes free
Empire (the single) comes out on July 24th. The song will have its first airing on Radio 1 at around 7.30pm that evening; a 2 track CD will immediately be available to buy in stores, and the song will be at all major download sites at the same time.

Text EMPIRE to 81330 and you will not only pre-order the single download but receive a free track straight away- Kasabian's recording of the Bowie classic Heroes, currently adorning ITV's World Cup coverage (at Clive Tyldesley's personal insistence, we're told. Steve Rider wanted Snoop Dogg).

It'll cost you £1.50 for the pre-order and the tracks are Windows format only. More info at www.kasabian.co.uk/heroes.

Additional formats for the single (10" vinyl, DVD and more downloads) will be released on August 21st.

**New album
Empire (the album) comes out on September 4th; Kasabian have also just been confirmed for a T On The Fringe show at Edinburgh Corn Exchange on August 14th, and will headline the second stage at V Festival (August 19th & 20th).

There will also be a new www.kasabian.co.uk. And new bits up now, to be going on with.

See. We're back.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:25 pm

Not sure if I followed any of the above.

Anywaze, if this is the shameless plug thread, then there's a new Nouvelle Vague album just out with bossanova butchering of such 80's classics as Killing Moon and Blue Monday.

There's loads of other stuff at T at the Fringe. I think I'll go and see Matisyahu, America's leading exponent of Orthodox Jewish dub hop.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:40 pm

Little Green Man wrote: Anywaze, if this is the shameless plug thread, then there's a new Nouvelle Vague album just out with bossanova butchering of such 80's classics as Killing Moon and Blue Monday.
Excellent. The last album is magnificent. Hopefully they've not gone down the route of 'instantly recognisable to all' tunes though. The last one mixed the well known with the otherwise lesser known perfectly, giving due consideration to each in administering a whole new meaning. By the way, LGM. I need to send you a copy of the new Clayhill album. The best album in the past 12 months (IMO and depending on individual taste, of course). :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:59 pm

Kasabian are shitty student toss pots

Muse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Muse » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:15 pm

If we are going to plug bands then Muse's new album, Black holes and revelations, is out on the third of July and should be even better then Absolution. They have already released Supermassive Black Hole from it which has really grown on me. And if you have not already heard it you can on here along with another new track called Knights of Cydonia..

http://www.myspace.com/muse

Or you can watch the video along with every other muse video here...

http://www.microcuts.net/uk/multimedia

And so im not just plugging Muse does anybody else like them? and whats your opinion on the new single?

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:20 pm

Preferred Origin of Symmetry to Absolution & Showbiz.

Marshall
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Marshall » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:21 pm

The new single.....I'm not so sure. It's kinda grown on me, but I prefer the older songs. It wouldn't suprise me if I hated the new album at first, because with Absolution, Origin of Symmetry and Showbiz (to an extent) I really didn't like them, but after a few listens I loved them. I hope however that the new album is more Hysteria/Bliss/New Born etc than the latest single.

Marshall
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Marshall » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:22 pm

Batman wrote:Preferred Origin of Symmetry to Absolution & Showbiz.
Origin of Symmetry's my least favourite personally.

Muse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Muse » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:27 pm

My preference keeps changing to be honest there is awsom tracks on each i really like the hullabaloo soundtrack at the moment because its a little heavier, though my friends nicked off with it :evil:

Im just waiting untill they announce some more dates on tour for their new album. I saw them 2 years ago at V and they were awsome. Easily the best band i have seen live and that beats the strokes, Manics, Oasis and The Mars Volta who were very very good and are deffinatly worth seeing if you like them even a little bit.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:27 pm

Well screw you hippy :D

Everyone should listen to one Morrissey/The Smiths track per day, makes the world go round.

Marshall
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Marshall » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:28 pm

Muse wrote:
My preference keeps changing to be honest there is awsom tracks on each i really like the hullabaloo soundtrack at the moment because its a little heavier, though my friends nicked off with it :evil:

Im just waiting untill they announce some more dates on tour for their new album. I saw them 2 years ago at V and they were awsome. Easily the best band i have seen live and that beats the strokes, Manics, Oasis and The Mars Volta who were very very good and are deffinatly worth seeing if you like them even a little bit.
From what I've heard (radio i think) they're going to release tickets in summer, and tour towards christmas time. Obviously it'll be a MEN gig, and hopefully I'll be able to get presale tickets, so to get them in early because no doubt standing will sell out immediatly.

Muse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Muse » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:29 pm

Marshall wrote:The new single.....I'm not so sure. It's kinda grown on me, but I prefer the older songs. It wouldn't suprise me if I hated the new album at first, because with Absolution, Origin of Symmetry and Showbiz (to an extent) I really didn't like them, but after a few listens I loved them. I hope however that the new album is more Hysteria/Bliss/New Born etc than the latest single.
I was the same they all grew on me over time and the new single was no different. According to reviews Supermassive Black Hole is the weakest song on the album which is looking good.

Marshall
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Marshall » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:31 pm

Batman wrote:Well screw you hippy :D

Everyone should listen to one Morrissey/The Smiths track per day, makes the world go round.
:lol:

Actually I've been listening to this charming man alot recently, despite the smiths not really being my kinda thing.

Muse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Muse » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:32 pm

Have you heard the muse cover of please, please, please let me get what i want? i like it though as a big smiths fan you might not. I like the smiths myself and have got meat is murder and the queen is dead albums and how soon is now is probably my favorite smiths song. Though on his own i really can not stand morrisey yet will still probably end up going to see him at V.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:37 pm

Yes I have heard it, it is on the 'SMITHS IS DEAD' cover album.

I like it. Supergrass' cover of 'Some Girls are Bigger Than Others' is good too.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:53 am

How about organising a communal singing of Cemetery Gates at 11 o'clock today to wish England good luck for tonight?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:59 am

Little Green Man wrote:

How about organising a communal singing of Cemetery Gates at 11 o'clock today to wish England good luck for tonight?
I will if you will!
Businesswoman of the year.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:02 am

or listen to xfm and have to put up with 12 tracks a fookin day

kasabian are ace, can't wait for their new album. as for muse, all their tracks are the same. start with some piano and bellamy softly singing then guitars let rip, he screeches down the mic "aaaaaaaaiiiiiiiyyyyyy yyyaaaaaaaaa" make lots of distortion and the songs finish. don't impress me much. latest single is the most commercial thing they've done, very catchy and i hate the fact that i like it

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Little Green Man wrote: Anywaze, if this is the shameless plug thread, then there's a new Nouvelle Vague album just out with bossanova butchering of such 80's classics as Killing Moon and Blue Monday.
Excellent. The last album is magnificent. Hopefully they've not gone down the route of 'instantly recognisable to all' tunes though. The last one mixed the well known with the otherwise lesser known perfectly, giving due consideration to each in administering a whole new meaning. By the way, LGM. I need to send you a copy of the new Clayhill album. The best album in the past 12 months (IMO and depending on individual taste, of course). :)
You can try before you buy here...

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=22381

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:06 pm

And here's something for the gingery one.

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=17581