Japan v Brazil

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Japan v Brazil

Post by warthog » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:50 pm

Hugely enjoyable game with Brazil lucky to go in on level terms. Anyone sick of the BBC sycophancy toward Brazil? They are a very ordinary side. Accept it.

Full marks to Ronaldo for the effort required to carry that enormous arse around.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:01 pm

Thanks for reminding me who Brazil were playing Warty, because I had forgotten after this sickeningly one-sided half-time 'analysis'. The coverage is absolutey disgusting.

It's been an electric game with a extremely high level of football on display from both teams. Japan have been outstanding, very compact and organised, fighting for every ball. Nakata who is playing a holding role has been a leader in this regard. Against a midfield of Kaka, Ronaldinho and Juninho, this really does make a mockery of all the doubters who make vague, suspicious comments about him being 'lightweight' or 'lacking guile'. 'Cut out by Nakata', 'Nakata got a foot in', etc was a running theme.

Japan have also played superb football on the break, looking very dangerous every time their moment came after committing Brazil. The goal was obviously the most perfect example here. Were tactics even mentioned at half time? NONE of this was deemed worthy of mention by the BBC. A quick run through the Japan goal, blame the Brazilian defending, then back to sneering about Ronaldo.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:35 pm

We know better than anyone how an equaliser with the last kick of the half can ruin a gameplan. The keeper's blunder finished them off. Having to move Nakata forward and attack Brazil simply resulted in them being starved of posession. An excellent game all the same.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:58 pm

Brazil ran away with it in the second half. A pity, because the scoreline doesn't reflect the contribution that Japan made in the first half.

The game against Ghana should be interesting. I don't think that Brazil will have all their own way. Unfortunate that Essien is suspended.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:03 pm

Brazil apart, well, they can't play can they? Ronaldhino....rubbish. :oops:

Nakamura. What a grafter and well talented too. Never deserved to be going home, but that's the World Cup for you.

Allright, the truth: Ronaldhino is the best player on planet earth. Brazil gave a football lesson second half and the main theme all round has been 100% for your country from all the teams. If we don't match it on Sunday we are out. Take it as a warning. That simple.

Joke of the night: A player who couldn't get a game at the Riverside is in Brazil's Worl Cup Side. Yeahhhh. :mrgreen:

Finally, well done the Aussies and I'll be flying the flag Sunday whatever we do. COME ON ENGLAND.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Winter Hill White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Winter Hill White » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:51 pm

I was a bit razzed off that they chose this game for real telly. Brazil were already through, and Japan only had a remote mathematical chance of going through. Surely the Aus v Croatia game had more riding on it, and woud be more exciting. And by the sounds of it, it was.
But I suppose another chance for the BBC to get all oleaginous and unnecessary and cream their keks over that Samba lot.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:20 am

Personally, I looked forward to watching Nakata play for Japan. He didn't disgrace himself by any means, doing good creative work in midfield and putting himself about quite a bit. Nakamura was a star and it's a shame Japan had to be in such a tough group. They've come a long way in football and are always worth watching. Brazil more than lived up to their reputation in the second half though.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:22 am

And Brazil looked like bananas in pyjamas in their white shorts.

Talking of which - it's time for a 'long shorts' backlash. The Brazilian right back's shorts were nearly touching the tops of his socks. It's not right! If they were on me I'd have to get someone to turn them up.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:43 am

the fact Brazil ran away with it reflected just how much Japan had to work to stay in it. had they retained their lead for a bit long then they would have had more purpose as they needed to score two more than Brazil to go through. as soon as it went 2-1 and they had to score 3 they were finished

nakata played well as the more defensive of the two centre mids in the first half though some of his passing left a lot to be desired

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:12 am

hisroyalgingerness wrote:nakata played well as the more defensive of the two centre mids in the first half though some of his passing left a lot to be desired
PLAYERS GIVE THE BALL AWAY. ESPECIALLY THE ONES THAT DEMAND THE BALL AND MAKE POSITIVE PASSES. HIS PASS COMPLETION RATE WAS PERHAPS ONLY ECLIPSED BY KAKA, THE BEST MIDFIELDER IN THE WORLD. IT'S SO EASY TO IGNORE THE TEN EFFICIENT SHORT PASSES THAT BEGAN MOVES (LIKE THE GOAL) AND JUMP ON THE ONE THAT GOES ASTRAY.

ENGLAND PLAYERS ARE SO SCARED OF GIVING THE BALL AWAY, THEY HIT LONG SAFE PASSES TO CROUCH. WE DO THE SAME WITH DAVIES FOR DIFFERENT REASONS, BUT IT IS EQUALLY INNEFFECTIVE. BOLTON AND ENGLAND PLAY SHIT FOOTBALL, JAPAN AND BRAZIL DON'T. CREATIVE PLAYERS MUST BE ALLOWED TO GIVE THE BALL AWAY.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:16 am

50sQuiff wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:nakata played well as the more defensive of the two centre mids in the first half though some of his passing left a lot to be desired
PLAYERS GIVE THE BALL AWAY. ESPECIALLY THE ONES THAT DEMAND THE BALL AND MAKE POSITIVE PASSES. HIS PASS COMPLETION RATE WAS PERHAPS ONLY ECLIPSED BY KAKA, THE BEST MIDFIELDER IN THE WORLD. IT'S SO EASY TO IGNORE THE TEN EFFICIENT SHORT PASSES THAT BEGAN MOVES (LIKE THE GOAL) AND JUMP ON THE ONE THAT GOES ASTRAY.

ENGLAND PLAYERS ARE SO SCARED OF GIVING THE BALL AWAY, THEY HIT LONG SAFE PASSES TO CROUCH. WE DO THE SAME WITH DAVIES FOR DIFFERENT REASONS, BUT IT IS EQUALLY INNEFFECTIVE. BOLTON AND ENGLAND PLAY SHIT FOOTBALL, JAPAN AND BRAZIL DON'T. CREATIVE PLAYERS MUST BE ALLOWED TO GIVE THE BALL AWAY.
That you Capslock? :shock:

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:38 am

amen 50's

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:48 am

50sQuiff wrote:

i'm not thinking of the probing passes that didn't make it i'm thinking of the balls he kept leathering to the full backs or the one he tried to kick out for a corner from the halfway line, not to mention some of the hospital balls to the wingers

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:53 pm

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:34 pm

keveh wrote:Image
who's shirt did he get? i hope he got ronaldinhos cos fair play the smiling assassin got very little through the middle last night

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Japan v Brazil

Post by Mar » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:19 pm

warthog wrote:Hugely enjoyable game with Brazil lucky to go in on level terms. Anyone sick of the BBC sycophancy toward Brazil? They are a very ordinary side. Accept it.
I think we've got it pretty easy at the moment. I remember seeing some of the adverts for the World Cup from America as part of the US soccer promotion thing and the amount of attention they gave to Brazil was completely unwarranted. You'd think the cup was done with before it has started.

Brazil, just like France have a long way to go before emulating the past results which saw them lift the cup. And on that note, so do we :( .

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:39 pm

50sQuiff wrote:

Please remember which personality you are signing on as next time 50'sLOCK :mrgreen:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

dodo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dodo » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:24 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:
who's shirt did he get? i hope he got ronaldinhos cos fair play the smiling assassin got very little through the middle last night

It's Lucio's.