England - Ecuador

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

fanz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fanz » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:05 pm

We are a nation of chavs that salute perenial under-achievers and try to make excuses for an awful game like I have just witnessed. Absolutely pathetic, there is no England, it's dead.

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:11 pm

I enjoyed the game.

Hargreaves was the best player on the park!

No I am not pissed.

We cannot play Lumpy and Geriatric together on the park.

----------------Robinson-------------

Carragher- Ferdinand- Terry- Cole

Lennon- Beckham---Gerrard---Cole

----------------Rooney---------------

----------------Crouch---------------
-
Subs---any goalie, Hargreaves, Gerrard, Carrick, Downing, Walcott, Bridge.

That'll do pig. That'll do.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:13 pm

plodder wrote:I enjoyed the game.

No I am not pissed.

-

So you would drop the best player on the park for someone who hasn't played well the whole of the WC? :eh:

You sure your not pissed?
Last edited by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army on Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

fanz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fanz » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:13 pm

No I am not pissed.

-

You are pissed unless we have 2 Gerrard's!!!

Hargreaves for Carragher though and I would take that team.

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:15 pm

fanz wrote:

No I am not pissed.

-

You are pissed unless we have 2 Gerrard's!!!

Hargreaves for Carragher though and I would take that team.
See thats what you get for trying to do many things at once........ On the Bench would be Lumpy.

And yes I would drop Hargreaves. I really do think he is the illegitimate son of Sven and a toilet brush.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:19 pm

fanz wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:On the whole I'd say it was a reasonable performance, there were a few players who need to have a serious look at themselves after that game and the manager is stealing a living but the indicators were there that they are improving as a team.
Given this was an alien formation, lots of goal scoaring chances were not going to come easy but the second half saw a more fluid attacking performance. The team also kept possession much better than they have done in previous games.
Reasonable performance? Now I know why you think Allardyce is a good manager. I expect you will have a ready made excuse for when Maclaren doesn't qualify for the Euro's? Absolute shit, you type of people have no idea what the game of football means. If we had played like Mexico last night and gone out to Ecuador I could have taken it but to play as poorly as we did and score a stuffy free kick was pathetic. The nation should hang it's head in shame.

You see that's because I like winning, keep throwing your insults about Fanz you just make yourself look silly. Nobody says it's perfect but we won despite the fact we're 2 players short of our first choice 11 and the manager didn't bother to bring any decent cover or go through any tactics before the tournament started. Compared to the last 3 games it was reasonable not brilliant- reasonable. Not pathetic, just reasonable.

For me sport is about winning, if it wasn't we wouldn't have scores the Olympic moto wouldn't be "faster, higher, stronger" it would be "prettier, fancier, frillier" , they'd just give anna kournivova trophies as opposed to her having never won a thing and people would support the Harlem Globe Trotters rather than the Celtics or Lakers.
Last edited by communistworkethic on Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:24 pm

Poor poor game. Great result. The scores from the Sharples panels are as follows:

Robinson - 6 Starting to worry me now with his indecisiveness. Best part of the game was wasting a minute and half with that ridiculous knee injury and then the forth official only adding 3 minutes.
Hargreaves - 7 Another steady game.
Ferdinand - 7 Did reasonably well
Terry - 6 Dodgy at times today. His error nearly cost us in the first half and got a yellow to boot.
A Cole - 7 Man of the match. The blocked shot for a certain goal was outstanding. After a couple of bad games initially he has started to show his class.
Beckham - 5 He only gets such a high score because he scored. Lennon did more in the 5 minutes he was on than Beckham did in the entire match. Glad he has silenced his critics???? WTF http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 103576.stm
Gerrard - 6 A quiet steady game.
Lampard - 5 Still to have a good game this WC. What has happened to his shooting. Desparately needs a goal to boost his confidence.
J Cole - 6 Can't remember anything he did. Defensive or attacking.
Carrick - 7 Steady enough and used the ball pretty well.
Rooney - 7 Worked his socks off but seriously lacking any help.

Sven - 5 Still completely clueless and will change his side looking for the right system which doesn't exist when he persists using Beckham and the Gerrard/Lampard combination.

Our midfielders were being touted as the best in the world before this competition. In reality our midfield cannot gel together and play as individuals. I still don't think Gerrard and Lampard can play in the same side. They must improve.

I honestly believe we will play better against the better sides. Saying that with my fingers and toes crossed. Must improve quickly.

Le Snake
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Le Snake » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:32 pm

You don't have to pick a bench in World Cup games - the whole squad is available.

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:33 pm

Le Snake wrote:You don't have to pick a bench in World Cup games - the whole squad is available.
but it is habit.... :(

perhaps I could choose the manger and ref?

Barry Knight perhaps :o

Frankie Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frankie Wanderer » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:49 pm

Just heard the perfect answer to todays game

" Fat Les - Vindaloo "

ie - " we´re gonna score one more than you "

Its enough !!!!!!
Frankie says " on the day that your mentality catches up with your biology, come round. "

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:21 am

According to statistics, Ecuador had more attempts on goal. I think that says it all, I really can't understand how a positive spin could be put on that performance. When Motty yelled something like "Rooney has been terrific", I thought to myself "John you need to get those rose tinted specs off".

Rooney was isolated, and was forced to run into channels to collect long bloody balls. It was dire, I want to see Rooney run at players, thats his real strenght. Beckham was poor but that could be due to him feeling unwell, feck it he scored. Although him not telling the coaching staff about it before the game could have cost us, his set piece delivery was poor, got himself out of jail with the goal though.

That system really didn't work. I'd like to see Fat Frank dropped, revert to a four man midfield with Hargreaves and Gerrard in the centre. I've seen a lot of Gerrard this season, if he is truly given the "free role" like he has at Liverpool he'll win us the world cup. He carries liverpool IMO. It also offers balance and options upfront if Crouch plays alongside Rooney.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:36 am

plodder wrote: Hargreaves was the best player on the park!
Sven plays a midfielder at full back and he has a good game, but don't forget SAM DID IT FIRST

But, Sven has to play Lennon against Portugal, he looks so good on the ball and we need players who can control the ball and beat defenders if we hope to win in the QF.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:00 am

It wasn't great but nowhere near as bad as many say. Second half we never looked in danger and therefore why step up a gear if you don't have to?

Am gearing up for Scolari to probably do us again next week but you never know.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:20 pm

I really don't see all the negativity. We've won three out of four, and got better in every game so far. It's a marathon not a sprint, we should be peaking at the right time now, and i think we'll turn over the Portugese next week.

Like Martin O'Neill said last night, England aren't playing everybody off the park, but we're doing enough. If you do enough against everybody, you win the cup.