Thats us out then...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Thats us out then...

Post by Nozza » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:57 pm

And Big Phil to put one up the English media.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:00 pm

Full strength then yes I would concur. Though without Deco and perhaps Ronaldo I would ot be so sure, only 95% :D

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:01 pm

Batman wrote:Full strength then yes I would concur. Though without Deco and perhaps Ronaldo I would ot be so sure, only 95% :D
and Costinho and Figo after trial by TV.......

Well we were fooked anyway...............................NOT!

England 2-0 Portugal.

You heard it here first.....Lumpy and Crouch.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:02 pm

Once the ref has taken action (ie-by booking him) then any TV ref's are powerless to act.

Sorry dude.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:12 pm

Batman wrote:Once the ref has taken action (ie-by booking him) then any TV ref's are powerless to act.

Sorry dude.
Still, I'm sure whoever the ref is next week will have seen this game.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankie Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Thats us out then...

Post by Frankie Wanderer » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:16 pm

Hoolio wrote:And Big Phil to put one up the English media.
Your toothache giving you a headache as well :D

Portugal will be barely get 16 players together after the weeks FIFA events unfold.
Frankie says " on the day that your mentality catches up with your biology, come round. "

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:06 pm

England haven't been able to turn in convincing performances against Paraguay, Trinidad, Sweden, or Ecuador. At no point have they shown that they can turn it on and really hammer the opposition. Look at the Ecuador and Paraguay matches. England gets the first goal, and the opposition roll over and die. Portgual are never going to do that. For one, they are far more capable than anyone England has faced lately of striking first. And secondly, if England do manage to get the first goal, the Portugese are going to throw wave after wave after wave of attacks. England couldn't even hold onto the lead against a Zlatan-less Sweden. Deco or no Deco, Portugal just plays with so much more passion. That will be the difference.

It's like I've said before, FIFA can shield their favorites with the draw but weakness will eventually be found out.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:11 pm

Nah, we'll bore an under-strength Portugal into submission just like we do with everyone else.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:06 am

H. Pedersen wrote:England haven't been able to turn in convincing performances against Paraguay, Trinidad, Sweden, or Ecuador. At no point have they shown that they can turn it on and really hammer the opposition. Look at the Ecuador and Paraguay matches. England gets the first goal, and the opposition roll over and die. Portgual are never going to do that. For one, they are far more capable than anyone England has faced lately of striking first. And secondly, if England do manage to get the first goal, the Portugese are going to throw wave after wave after wave of attacks. England couldn't even hold onto the lead against a Zlatan-less Sweden. Deco or no Deco, Portugal just plays with so much more passion. That will be the difference.

It's like I've said before, FIFA can shield their favorites with the draw but weakness will eventually be found out.
Er, might it be worth a mention that we won three and drew one. It is the World Cup, not Sunday League. Oh, and I'm still an Englishman who wants us to win.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:18 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Nah, we'll bore an under-strength Portugal into submission just like we do with everyone else.
I concur with that, Portugal will be lulled into a coma by our fantastic midfield. But Lampard has to score sometime and I guess next Saturday will be a good time to do it. 2-1 with Frank and Rooney on the score card.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

fanz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fanz » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:58 am

We deserve an award at least for least entertaining side of this years world cup. Our games have been a mixture of longballs, timewasting and trying to hang on to a lead. I can see why some on here think tactics like that are acceptable.

Portugal will win next Saturday as poor teams eventually get found out and that is what we are, a poor team. Germany, Argentina, Portugal, Brazil and Italy are all miles ahead of us, they get the results and play entertaining football.

The only hope we have is if we land one of these hopeless referees who sends a couple of players off for nothing, we could possibly beat Portugal if it was 11 vs 9 although even this would be a struggle for Sven.

Just look at the difference between Sven and Scolari during a match, he's 100% energy and probably on half the money our idiot is on. Whoever made the decision at the FA that the new manager had to be named before the world cup deserves shooting, if we had just been patient we could have had him but instead we have got the 2nd biggest fukwit on the planet.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:45 am

fanz wrote:We deserve an award at least for least entertaining side of this years world cup. Our games have been a mixture of longballs, timewasting and trying to hang on to a lead. I can see why some on here think tactics like that are acceptable.

Portugal will win next Saturday as poor teams eventually get found out and that is what we are, a poor team. Germany, Argentina, Portugal, Brazil and Italy are all miles ahead of us, they get the results and play entertaining football.

The only hope we have is if we land one of these hopeless referees who sends a couple of players off for nothing, we could possibly beat Portugal if it was 11 vs 9 although even this would be a struggle for Sven.

Just look at the difference between Sven and Scolari during a match, he's 100% energy and probably on half the money our idiot is on. Whoever made the decision at the FA that the new manager had to be named before the world cup deserves shooting, if we had just been patient we could have had him but instead we have got the 2nd biggest fukwit on the planet.
Not just Sam and Gartside then, fanz? Splendid.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:56 am

Here we go again about entertaining football. Did no-one tell that to Greece two years ago?

I admit Scolari's Indian sign will probably work again next week, but like I always say, those who want entertainment, go to the bloody circus. It's about results, not a firework display.

fanz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fanz » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:13 am

ratbert wrote:Here we go again about entertaining football. Did no-one tell that to Greece two years ago?

I admit Scolari's Indian sign will probably work again next week, but like I always say, those who want entertainment, go to the bloody circus. It's about results, not a firework display.
Why does being entertaining and getting results always have to be mutually exclusive? Italy entertain and get results, Portugal entertain and get results, Germany entertain and get results, Brazil (on the whole)entertain and get results so why do we have to settle for the garbage we get with England?

The world cup is meant to be one of the biggest entertainment spectacles in the football calender, it's not a results spectacle. People like you are what is wrong with football today, you are willing to accept whatever tripe is put in front of you and defend ghastly performances to the hilt as long as we get the result. Ask yourself, Why do you like football?

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:48 pm

fanz wrote:
ratbert wrote:Here we go again about entertaining football. Did no-one tell that to Greece two years ago?

Why does being entertaining and getting results always have to be mutually exclusive? Italy entertain and get results, Portugal entertain and get results, Germany entertain and get results, Brazil (on the whole)entertain and get results so why do we have to settle for the garbage we get with England?

The world cup is meant to be one of the biggest entertainment spectacles in the football calender, it's not a results spectacle. People like you are what is wrong with football today, you are willing to accept whatever tripe is put in front of you and defend ghastly performances to the hilt as long as we get the result. Ask yourself, Why do you like football?
For once I fully agree with Fanz, I want England and Bolton to play attacking, entertaining and winning football. These are not mutually exclusive expectations, it is more an attitude of mind in the players and coaches that is required. Even so called poorer players can play that way, just look at Australia for example - a group of cripples, has beens and never beens but at least they play in a more entertaining way than England and have a good chance of beating Italy tonight.

England play in a way that says to me that they don't really care, with little commitment to entertain.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:54 pm

Fanz is definitely right here.

This is the fundamental theory that underlies everything I wrote about Bolton last season: playing crap football with good players is criminally ineffective and bloody awful to watch.

Good football almost always is winning football, because it's the best way to get the most out of good players. Greece, and other exceptions like them, were a mediocre team who played superbly effective football to get the best out of their squad. It's insane to advocate we play in the same fashion with the players that England have. And as I argued at length last season, the players that Bolton had.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:19 pm

fanz wrote: The world cup is meant to be one of the biggest entertainment spectacles in the football calender, it's not a results spectacle. People like you are what is wrong with football today, you are willing to accept whatever tripe is put in front of you and defend ghastly performances to the hilt as long as we get the result. Ask yourself, Why do you like football?
I don't have to ask myself why I like it, and certainly don't have to justify my reasons to the likes of you. I have a strong personal interest in how Bolton or England do, and if we get a win or three points that's the bottom line. I'll be constructive in my views, not go glass half empty / half full like many. Even if a game is poor by some peoples' standards, there's always something happens that makes the game worthwhile.

You said elsewhere you'd rather lose playing like Mexico on Saturday night than win like England. So it's OK to lose playing well? Sorry, that's still a defeat however you dress it up and so your argument doesn't wash. Indeed to paraphrase yourself, people like you are the reason why we never win anything in world sport.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:32 pm

Footbal's only perogative is a simple one: Get the ball in the opponent's net more times than they get it in yours. How you do it is less imortant than" Can you do it?". We do, and our so-called fans would rather see us lose and look attractive doing it? Sheeesh. What sort of supporters are you? :evil:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:46 pm

It would be a travesty to football if England win the world cup playing the way they are. The least entertaining, effective side in the tournament so far. Fanz is quite right, all the big nations have been putting on a show because they realise if you've got good players that can pass a ball, you can win. For fecks sake, Italy ditched their defensive style years ago and played some good stuff in the first round. Australia may upset them, not by boring the other team into submission but by playing attacking football. I've said it through the tournament, England unfortunately are the international version of Bolton.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:00 pm

England has not played to its potential - true. Yet however crappy the lads have been, the teams they play have been crappier. We are in the quarter finals so mission accomplished so far. The time for us to moan and second guess is when we are doing whatever Poland, the US, Sweden et al are currently doing. I'd rather be an England fan than a Dutch one right now. I can't understand the perpetual state of pessimism that pervades the thoughts of some members of this board. Enjoy the moment, chaps, it won't come around again for another four years.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.