Wimbledon 2006

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Wimbledon 2006

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:56 pm

Well, Henman is on court so it's about time we had a thread. I have managed to get Centre Court tickets for my girlfriend and me for the second Thursday, which is Ladies Semi Final day. I have only paid face value for the pair (£138) and I'd dearly love to get them on Ebay for the £600 they would go for, but it's my girlfriend's birthday next week and she has always wanted to go. I doubt she'd ever forgive me if she found out I'd had tickets and sold them. :whack:

I'm not a great fan of women's tennis, but I'd quite to see Henin-Hardenne play. Failing that, a couple of lithe Russians would do nicely.

Anyone interested - can anyone stop Federer? Will Murray repeat last year's feat?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:59 pm

Well I'll be rooting for whoever plays against the lanky, acne riddled Scots git. What's sauce for the goose and all that! :evil:
May the bridges I burn light your way

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Re: Wimbledon 2006

Post by wovlad » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:41 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Well, Henman is on court so it's about time we had a thread. I have managed to get Centre Court tickets for my girlfriend and me for the second Thursday, which is Ladies Semi Final day. I have only paid face value for the pair (£138) and I'd dearly love to get them on Ebay for the £600 they would go for, but it's my girlfriend's birthday next week and she has always wanted to go. I doubt she'd ever forgive me if she found out I'd had tickets and sold them. :whack:

I'm not a great fan of women's tennis, but I'd quite to see Henin-Hardenne play. Failing that, a couple of lithe Russians would do nicely.

Anyone interested - can anyone stop Federer? Will Murray repeat last year's feat?
Nope, Can't see anyone beating Federer on grass. Think Henman will play him in the second round it wouldbe some upset for Tim to beat him. Go on Tim be a tiger.

Fancy JHH to win the womans as well.
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:57 pm

Bink.

Bonk.

Crouch > Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Crouch > Davies » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:57 pm

COME ON TIM!

Gnome
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gnome » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:18 pm

i hate Wimbledon - they cancel Neighbours for 2weeks and there wasnt even any tennis played yesterday :evil: :mrgreen:

is henman out yet? it is Tuesday after all, he's had 2days... :roll:
Nay-Nay: so good they named me twice

"oh Nicky Hunt, should play up front, oh Nicky Hunt should play up front"

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Well I'll be rooting for whoever plays against the lanky, acne riddled Scots git. What's sauce for the goose and all that! :evil:
Well, he's looking mightily impressive so far.

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:59 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fore!!! ????

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:43 pm

Tennis and Golf..............ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Unless my man Agassi is in form. I dont really like any particular player so I cant be arsed anymore.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:11 pm

Well, no Ladies' Semi Final for me...

I have just had a phone call from the Editor of Question Time, during which I learnt that, after submitting my 60-second video application, I am on the small shortlist of people to be interviewed for a place on the panel on the programme on the 6th July, meaning I will be busy at the BBC on the 5th and the 6th.

It's an opportunity I can't really turn down (any chance to spread my brand of New Conservatism eh Warthog?) and my girlfriend's mum will be ever so pleased, as she's always wanted to go to Wimbledon too.

These two links explain why somebody like me will be on the panel on the 6th:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressr ... 5/qt.shtml

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/q ... 007832.stm

On an un-related Wimbledon point - has anybody else noticed how implausibly attractive Murray's girlfriend is?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:32 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Well, no Ladies' Semi Final for me...

I have just had a phone call from the Editor of Question Time, during which I learnt that, after submitting my 60-second video application, I am on the small shortlist of people to be interviewed for a place on the panel on the programme on the 6th July, meaning I will be busy at the BBC on the 5th and the 6th.

It's an opportunity I can't really turn down (any chance to spread my brand of New Conservatism eh Warthog?) and my girlfriend's mum will be ever so pleased, as she's always wanted to go to Wimbledon too.

On an un-related Wimbledon point - has anybody else noticed how implausibly attractive Murray's girlfriend is?
Get me a place in the audience. I can't think of anyone more deserving of being heckled. :D

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:44 pm

warthog wrote:Get me a place in the audience. I can't think of anyone more deserving of being heckled. :D
:D

If I get the place out of the people being interviewed, I'd be delighted to have you there. As long as you don't begin a question with "As you said on The Wanderer..." :oops:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:48 pm

You may be on with "Eighteen-year-old Geraint Faulkner from Ysgol Gyfun Emlyn ". :shock:
Is there really such a place or is it Welsh for Newcastle?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:51 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons - Didn't you once post pictures of yourself on here after a somewhat formidable session on the milk of amnesia?

Can we dig those out please, people? One day they just may become currency! Mwaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha :twisted:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:27 pm

I can't stand "Henmania", one of the worst assets about Winbledon. Apart from that, its a great watch and a good two weeks of the spoorting calender. My dark horse for the Mens side is Ancic apart from the obvious of Federer. Get on him at around 20-1.

Btw Mummy, don't mention that you post at the wanderer at your interview! Good luck with it fella.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:33 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Well, no Ladies' Semi Final for me...

BBC in 'appointing Oxbridge student as voice of the masses' shock... ;)

Seriously though, good luck with getting on there. Half interested me when it came up, but then I remembered I'm far too lazy to bother doing anything like that! :D

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:31 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote: On an un-related Wimbledon point - has anybody else noticed how implausibly attractive Murray's girlfriend is?
Yep, it's no surprise, she and Crouch's girlfriend show that fame and money are what you need when you're ugly.

Golfers are the best for it though - even saw Montgomerie with some hottie in the paper today, same with Mickelson.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:51 pm

Athers wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote: On an un-related Wimbledon point - has anybody else noticed how implausibly attractive Murray's girlfriend is?
Yep, it's no surprise, she and Crouch's girlfriend show that fame and money are what you need when you're ugly.

Golfers are the best for it though - even saw Montgomerie with some hottie in the paper today, same with Mickelson.
Don't worry, I'm sure Hugh Grant will put a stop to Monty's fun at the next Pro-Celeb tournament.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:58 pm

I doubt it, Montgomerie is a good player and he always comes second.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kevopey
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kevopey » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:39 pm

Henman was unlucky ,,,, wasn't he ?,,,,,,,,,,,, :oops: :oops: