World Cup Bets.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

World Cup Bets.

Post by Nozza » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:50 pm

Put a bet on in the 39th minute of France vs Spain for Spain to be leading at HT and France to win at FT, 2 mins later, France score. Waste of a bastid tenner.

Thankfully, it was the £10 free bet from Ladbrokes!
Last edited by Nozza on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:16 pm

I'll give a reply ...

In the 75th minute, I put £50 on a draw ... haven't felt this stupid for ages ... well since I did the same thing in the England v T&T game.

:(
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:46 pm

jonnybwfc wrote:I'll give a reply ...

In the 75th minute, I put £50 on a draw ... haven't felt this stupid for ages ... well since I did the same thing in the England v T&T game.

:(
Ouch.

Mind, at least mine wasn't REAL money...
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:07 pm

I used to bet with Ladbrokes, but now bet with Canbet ... they offer great prices on the football - all leagues. Usually 5p better than the bigger companies.
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:22 am

All top scorer bets.

Borgetti 66-1 EW
Toni 22-1
Henry 16-1

Borgetti dream over inside half an hour.
Hasn't been Toni's tournament since his volley smashed the underside of the bar in the first game, then rested.
Henry has two but I was hoping he'd have three by now - was a risk betting on him anyway.

So a total nightmare all in all. With hindsight it would've been a good plan to back odds on a lot of the time.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cophilie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cophilie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:02 am

Had Borgetti at 50-1 with £20,thought it could the biggest payday of my short life.
Well that sucked :(

Codo_BWFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Codo_BWFC » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:19 am

£100 on Argentina to win the World Cup and Klose to be top scorer :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:45 pm

We are not allowed to bet here (legally) but office pools are run. I am part of a Bombardier pool (my son works there) with 100 plus entrants. Everyone puts in $5 and the top three get the money, first place being worth about $320. You have to predict the entire tournament before the first game and the points system is a bit complicated, including picking the team that will score the most goals and one that will have the most scored against them. After yoyoing for a while (as low as fortieth spot) I finally got into first place yesterday. The four guys behind me all picked Brazil to win, while I went with England (what can I say - I do get emotional attachments). So, if England do win I have an excellent chance of scooping the pool, but if Brazil wins then I am toast.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.