France v Spain

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

France v Spain

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:01 pm

Great game of football.

Terrific second half, ref handled it well till late in the latter half when Henry well and truly conned him, (I've always admired Henry, but this was cheating on the grand scale) Zidane free kick and its over. Zidane (finished? don't you believe it) scoring a fantastic third goal to rub it in. Superb defending by both sides (Sergio Ramos, straight swop for Nicky Hunt anyone?)
Torres and Joachin brilliant in attack for Spain but France were the better side. Man of the match? Ribery, tremendous display from old scarface. We'll take old man Zidane if you like.

Laugh of th match, Barf running into the goalpost.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:08 pm

Little Green Man wrote:Excellent match, great result, especially as I'm in France for 'Coupe Mondiale' samedi.

Thought France deserved it as Spain ran out of ideas after the equaliser.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:09 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:Excellent match, great result, especially as I'm in France for 'Coupe Mondiale' samedi.

You could have kept the title. Took me ten minutes to come up with that. :cry:

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:15 pm

Little Green Man wrote:

Aye sorry LGM. Then again it probably took TANGO the same :mrgreen:

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:22 pm

Little Green Man wrote:

:pray:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:32 pm

Little Green Man wrote:

Been working on a clever title since kick-off. Thought for almost two hours then it jumped into my head: France v Spain. Genius. :mrgreen:

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:48 pm

I would have preferred the SPain v FRance edition myself.

I was rooting for the SPanish to go through. Watching smug git Henry and Zidane..............aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh. Oh well, they should really lose well to an somewhat Jardelish version of Ronaldo...... :P

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:17 am

I'm pissed off too, cos I had a bet with the missus that Spainwould get further than Argentina, now I have to spring for tea at Bella Italia in Bury on Saturday afternoon. :whack:

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Re: France v Spain

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:44 am

TANGODANCER wrote:(Sergio Ramos, straight swop for Nicky Hunt anyone?)
That's what we need, a red-card prone pansy with a penchant for putting the ball in his own net.

I'm no great fan of France but I am glad to see Spain out. I loathe their racist fans and fat racist coach. I hate their p***y players with their mullets and other terrible haircuts. Casillas and Puyol are the only real men on the team.

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:50 am

H. Pedersen wrote:
That's what we need, a red-card prone pansy with a penchant for putting the ball in his own net.

I'm no great fan of France but I am glad to see Spain out. I loathe their racist fans and fat racist coach. I hate their p***y players with their mullets and other terrible haircuts. Casillas and Puyol are the only real men on the team.
7,8,9,10 and relax........

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:54 am

H. Pedersen wrote:

Feel better? :D

Can't say I disagree with you either!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:19 am

H. Pedersen wrote:

Soory Peds, but that's pure rubbish. Segio Ramos made God knows how many good tackles, got forward and started numerous attacks and at least he was trying to prevent the ball going into the net when it unfortunately hit his knee. Let's forget the hate rate and stick to facts hey? Either that or we were'nt watching the same game.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:07 am

That urbane, 'honourable gentleman' of football denies cheating:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 123952.stm

Cock.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:11 am

50sQuiff wrote:That urbane, 'honourable gentleman' of football denies cheating:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 123952.stm

Cock.
Almost as bad as when he thought the ref was shaking hands with him and giving him a corner. The ref gave a free kick to the Spanish and was trying to tell him he'd handled the ball. Hilarious.

Codo_BWFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Codo_BWFC » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:18 am

Brazil will destroy those cheating scumbags!

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:51 pm

Am I alone in enjoying the delicious Irony of Spain complaining about diving...
Sorry Senor's you and your Southern Euro counterparts in Mussolini's Whellie gave the world the over acting, injury feigning, greg Luganus with triple pike, imaginary red card waving, time wasting, lazarus sponge,big girls blouse professional.. now the whole world's at it.. Suck it up and move on... Moaning at Henri is about as credible as Glen Magrath [McGrath] crying about a bit of sledging..
Cos clearly yer man didn't make a meal of going down to get the pen did he?... Sniper in the cheap seats again...

Puyol kicked Henri all round Paris a month ago. last night he clearly fouled Henri who made a huge and stupid meal of it... Boo Hoo... revenge is trully a dish all the tastier for a spot of chilling..
France were tactically superb, Vierra looked like... Vierra... scarface was top and the finest footballer of his generation was something like his old self.. fair enough they had a bald headed dick in nets but you can't have everything...

Brasil may be too good.. but if they defend against Henri like they did against Ghana I wouldn't put a mortgage payment on the outcome.. and I doubt the French back four will take the 'After you Ronaldo' approach to the offside trap of their Ghanian colleagues..
On this occasion Allez Les Bleu :pray:
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Le Snake
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Le Snake » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:44 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:

There was some monkey-chanting directed at Gallas and Henry in the bar where I saw the second half. You'd think things might appear a little different to these people with Senna in the Spanish team, but there's clearly a very serious problem in Spain, and ditto for Italy.
Last edited by Le Snake on Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:52 pm

Le Snake wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:

There was some monkey-chanting directed at Gallas and Henry in the bar where I saw the second half. You'd think things might appear a little different to these people with Senna in the Spanish team, but there's clearly a very serious in Spain, and ditto for Italy.
Until I saw the game, I hadn't realized how many of the starting French team were black. Bigots are going to have to get used to the facts of modern life and support all their athletes. I was also amused when our local commentator informed the Canadian audience that Joe and Ashley Cole were not related. Perhaps as people of all backgrounds get integrated into national teams and national psyches we will pay less attention to ethnic descent and more to the talent they display.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:53 am

I can't believe the racist chanting thing. Good job they lost. I didn't like them, same old sooks flattering to decieve.

If you're going to have a go at France have a go at their hair or lack of it.
Only two of their starting line-up aren't shaven (Ribery and Sagnol) . Is is a sympathy thing? They should get a sponsor like Regaine or some sunscreen.
What could've happened; did.