What are you playing tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:27 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:Just got that Editors album off a mate. Im not the biggest fan of indie rock - bit on the soft/whinging side for me but there's some bloody good songs on it. Probably cos theyre a bit darker than the rest.
SuperJohn, I truly never thought that this day would ever happen... My pal lent me the Editors last year and I've since bought it and was only listening to it in the car on Monday night.....

She also gave me the Offspring at the same time, but I'm kinda struggling with that one a bit... She was going seeing them in Manchester but I gave that a miss, not enough dance routines for me... ;)

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:27 pm

This is one of those "Post the titles of some non-mainstream music to show how individual you are" threads.

But anyway, I'll be doing the pub quiz tonight, so I'll probably put some Mogwai on while I fall asleep drunk.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:33 pm

Lennon wrote:This is one of those "Post the titles of some non-mainstream music to show how individual you are" threads.
I hate it when it turns in to that.

I always listen back to shows on 1xtra during work.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:47 pm

Gertie wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:Just got that Editors album off a mate. Im not the biggest fan of indie rock - bit on the soft/whinging side for me but there's some bloody good songs on it. Probably cos theyre a bit darker than the rest.
SuperJohn, I truly never thought that this day would ever happen... My pal lent me the Editors last year and I've since bought it and was only listening to it in the car on Monday night.....

She also gave me the Offspring at the same time, but I'm kinda struggling with that one a bit... She was going seeing them in Manchester but I gave that a miss, not enough dance routines for me... ;)
You see Gerts, you can listen to some decent music when you want to. Offspring only ever did 1 good album IMO - Smash in mid nineties.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:04 pm

keveh wrote:
Lennon wrote:This is one of those "Post the titles of some non-mainstream music to show how individual you are" threads.

Now come on! None of us are going to confess that all we ever listen to is "The Best of Showaddywaddy" and "Shakin' Stevens Pimps His Bitches" now - are we?

:roll:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:04 pm

Zulus! Thousands of 'em! wrote:Dvorak's Slavonic Dances Nos 1 & 2, whilst working from the home office. Bliss.
Class Zulus. :P
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:05 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Zulus! Thousands of 'em! wrote:Dvorak's Slavonic Dances Nos 1 & 2, whilst working from the home office. Bliss.
Class Zulus. :P
Why thank you, TD!
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:07 pm

Zulus! Thousands of 'em! wrote:Oh, and a bit of stuff that TD would appreciate!

Eddie Calvert and Perez Prado (and thanks for putting me onto Prado via this forum TD!)
Now you're talking my kinda language Z. :mrgreen:

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:19 pm

Zulus! Thousands of 'em! wrote:
keveh wrote:

Now come on! None of us are going to confess that all we ever listen to is "The Best of Showaddywaddy" and "Shakin' Stevens Pimps His Bitches" now - are we?

I have a confession to make.

I went to see Showaddywaddy at Blighty's once.

I was very young and I only went because my mate had no one to go with so he bought me a ticket. But I'm still ashamed.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:27 pm

Went to see Superman last night. Now listening to more pearl jam.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:38 pm

Batman wrote:Ben Folds solo stuff is much better than with the Five.
woah there. not a chance.

the eponymous Ben Folds Five album had 12 tracks that could all be summery top 10 hits.
Folds' solo stuff is damn good, but Ben Folds Five, Whatever and Ever Amen and The Unorthorised Biography of Rienhold Messner were brilliant - and are a heck of a lot better than Rockin' the Suburbs and Songs For Silverman.

Ben Folds Five had magic, their live stuff was brilliant, Fold's solo stuff (when it's just him and a piano) is spectacular too, but his most recent tours at the Lowry and Apollo wern't too great because of his new musicians. The best part of the Lowry gig was when he sat down at his Piano and ran through Brick, Army, Boxing and others from the Folds Five back cateloge.

Darren Jesse, Ben Folds and Robert Sledge were magnificent when together.

right now i'm listening to Mono, a japanese instrumental band. woo.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:47 pm

I'm sorry, Mr. Rioja but being as we don't know what's wrong with it we don't know how long it'll be! - Various Artists! :evil:
May the bridges I burn light your way

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:03 pm

Having moved my vinyl for some recent building work, I came across a brilliant album called 'The Butterfly Ball and The Grasshoppers's Feast' by Roger Glover and guests. There are some fantastic tracks by some great artists including David Coverdale, Glenn Hughes, Ronnie James Dio, and Judi Kuhl.

I sing one track to my daughter called 'Old Blind Mole' to my daughter regularly as part of a bedtime story she likes and wanted to play her the original.

It's a great album, although a little puerile and hippy-ish for this eclectic assembly.

But I LOVE IT :D
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:25 pm

warthog wrote:
keveh wrote:

I was very young and I only went because my mate had no one to go with so he bought me a ticket. But I'm still ashamed.
And after all the grief I get for my musical taste and you wheel this one out of the bag!!!!! :o

I think you have disproved the theory that everyone is being super cool !!!! ;)

I'm now moved onto TLC CrazySexyCool character traits to which I aspire to... Although I feel some are waaaaaay more achievable than others.....

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:30 pm

Gertie wrote:
warthog wrote:
keveh wrote:

And after all the grief I get for my musical taste and you wheel this one out of the bag!!!!! :o

I'm now moved onto TLC CrazySexyCool character traits to which I aspire to.
Is this why you didn't speak to me last night?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:31 pm

Lennon wrote:This is one of those "Post the titles of some non-mainstream music to show how individual you are" threads.But anyway, I'll be doing the pub quiz tonight, so I'll probably put some Mogwai on while I fall asleep drunk.
Not meant to be that at all Lennon. I never get fed up of music, of all kinds, and it's nice to know what other people listen to at various times. "If music be the food of love, play, maestro play" ....and all that stuff.... :P

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:04 pm

warthog wrote:
Gertie wrote:
warthog wrote:
keveh wrote: I hate it when it turns in to that.

I'm now moved onto TLC CrazySexyCool character traits to which I aspire to.
Is this why you didn't speak to me last night?
Were you stood with Trevor last night? Wasn't sure if it was you or not, and was on my way out the door to my bed. (not that my bed is outside the door).

But now I know that you go to Showadywaddy I definitely wouldn't say hello!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:12 pm

Gertie wrote:Were you stood with Trevor last night? Wasn't sure if it was you or not, and was on my way out the door to my bed. (not that my bed is outside the door).

But now I know that you go to Showadywaddy I definitely wouldn't say hello!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Er 'scuse me. I went once, when I was sixteen. It's past tense.

Feeble excuse for shunning me. I always suspected you were a bad person.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:23 pm

Me a bad person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooooooooooh So when you forced me to wish you a happy birthday - for fear of the consequences - and then pointed out to all and sundry that it wasn't actually your birthday, leaving me in planet wallydom!!!!!

Anyways, I was on my way out the door, I need my beauty sleep!!!!!

However, next time and I will ensure that I have properly greeted you Hoggie, my fellow local attender...

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:33 pm

Spitting Games - Snow Patrol