Steven Gerrard - Missing In Action

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Steven Gerrard - Missing In Action

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:18 am

Here at TW all of our thoughts and prayers are with the family and loved ones of Steven Gerrard, 25, from Wiston in Liverpool. The authorities are extremely concerned for his safety and admit that the search is looking increasingly grim, after he failed to turned up for England's crunch encounter with Portugal yesterday afternoon.

Tony Gerrard, the promising young footballer's father, made an emotional appeal for any information as to his whereabouts on behalf of a distraught Gerrard family, at a press conference this afternoon. "I just don't understand it," he said, choking back the tears, "we all know how magnificent he is as Liverpool's captain. Something awful must have happened for him to have missed a game as big as this for his country. Steven, if you're listening, please get in contact with us as soon as you can: your mum is so upset. Nobody's angry at you for giving the last of the Pringles to Roberto Carlos; we just want to know that you are OK."

If you have any information that might help the Police in their enquiries, do get in touch with the specially set-up helpline on 01-07-2006 0-041, or text "USELESS SCOUSE WASTER" to 9009.

Last edited by mummywhycantieatcrayons on Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:40 am

BREAKING NEWS:

Gerrard was last seen with this man:

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:19 am

:lol: :lol:

He goes down on the long list of missing people from the WOrld Cup

Michael Owen
Theo Walcott
David James
Kevin Davies :wink:

fanz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fanz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:12 am

Typical Liverpoolitus, Scousers can never transfer club form to the international team. Both those f**kers scored in the european cup final but can't do it for England. Pair of useless wasters.

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:10 am

You can add 'Row-Z' Frank to M.I.A. list. Why the f**k they let him take a penalty is beyond me. The only suprise is that he didn't take out someone in the back row with the shot.
'No issues with Warnock, he's got a fine record, experience and has been there and done it. Unlike LSL' © Fathead 18/08/07

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:07 am

David Beckham should be on that list
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:17 am

bit harsh this.

only Hargreaves, Ferdinand, Crouch, Terry, Ashely Cole, Gary Neville & Lennon were ok form yesterday.

to single out Gerrard as the main folly is wrong and blinkered in my opinion.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:33 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:bit harsh this.

only Hargreaves, Ferdinand, Crouch, Terry, Ashely Cole, Gary Neville & Lennon were ok form yesterday.

If you get chance, just watch him player-cam style from the second half onwards, especially in extra time. He looked either unfit, injured, or disinterested; he barely ever got to a man to close him down, and barely ever bust a gut to get forward. And this is Stevie 'wins games on his own' G. Well not in an England shirt.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:10 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:He looked either unfit, injured, or disinterested; he barely ever got to a man to close him down, and barely ever bust a gut to get forward. And this is Stevie 'wins games on his own' G. Well not in an England shirt.
I think anybody that's been doing the work of two men for an entire WC tournament is bound run out of legs eventually. I blame Lampard's shockingly poor form for it's effect on that of Gerrard, cut the guy some slack.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:12 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:bit harsh this.

If you get chance, just watch him player-cam style from the second half onwards, especially in extra time. He looked either unfit, injured, or disinterested; he barely ever got to a man to close him down, and barely ever bust a gut to get forward. And this is Stevie 'wins games on his own' G. Well not in an England shirt.
Bollocks, absolute bollocks. How on earth cam you blame the performance of all the lads after the 60 minute mark? I thought they were excellent, they restricted Portugal to few chances and created decent chamces down the other end, more so than in the first sixty.

IMV the team should revolve around Gerrard, he truly needs to be given the role he has at Liverpool and with Hargreaves performance yesterday, he has the ideal midfield partner. Gerrard is the best England player and would influence a match better than a certain Rooney.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:19 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:He looked either unfit, injured, or disinterested; he barely ever got to a man to close him down, and barely ever bust a gut to get forward. And this is Stevie 'wins games on his own' G. Well not in an England shirt.
I think anybody that's been doing the work of two men for an entire WC tournament is bound run out of legs eventually. I blame Lampard's form for the effect on that of Gerrard, cut the guy some slack.
Well, they have both been huge let-downs, but Gerrard was the man who stood out for me yesterday. Lampard is used as an effective cog in a well-oiled machine in domestic football, and is not renowned for grabbing important games by the scruff of the neck. In our less-than-well-oiled England team, I thought he was feeding off lesser quality scraps than those that are thrown to him at Chelsea. But Gerrard - he is supposed to be this talismanic colossus of man who never stops running, a man who can single-handedly drag a bunch of inadequate teammates to victory in big games by force of his sheer willpower.

Maybe Lampard was equally as culpable yesterday, but I know who disappointed me the most. If Abramovich had spent £50million on Gerrard, it would have been his biggest waste of money yet, as he can only turn it on in the red of his hometown club.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:33 pm

Anyone notice that we haven't seen much of the Scouser contingent lately?

I suppose if Kevin Nolan and Kevin Davies f***ed up the World Cup as badly as Gerrard and Carragher did yesterday we wouldn't show our face on a Liverpool board either.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:21 am

Bizarrely in yesterdays paper it had Stevie G with the best score out of 10.

Wayne Rooney and David Beckham got the lowest.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:39 am

Gertie wrote:Bizarrely in yesterdays paper it had Stevie G with the best score out of 10.

What paper do you read G, the Liverpool Daily Post? :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:52 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Gertie wrote:Bizarrely in yesterdays paper it had Stevie G with the best score out of 10.

What paper do you read G, the Liverpool Daily Post? :mrgreen:
LOL it was the Sunday Times, but then it could be quite possible that I still had my rosé coloured spectacles on!!!!!!!

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:13 pm

I've read some twaddle on forums in my time [written a good bit an all]
but this shocked even me..

A team forced into a unfamiliar system of a lone striker by the managers nonsensical decision to pick 2 crocks Peter Crouch and a kid fresh from his paper round as our strike force.. finds itself playing the the euro championship runner up, without Talisman and occasional cgi film star Shrek Rooney.. and then sets out to restrict their opponents to long range efforts and huff and puff before crumbling in a penalty shoot out...

The only bloke who went missing was Rooney and that was down to petulance as usual and let's face it he'd done feck all before he went.. The other 10 [Beckham aside] can with honourable mention to Crouch and Lennon not be criticised for their effort or application.. Clearly they should all be fed the Owen Hargeaves diet because he was a collosus on the day but coating the scousers off for the pens and blaming it all on them is utter bollox..
Give some credit to Ricardo.. and accept that over all the squad wasn't good enough, individually brilliant but never collectively amounting to the sum of it's parts..
That's down to the manager and he's gone..
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:20 pm

I think Gerrard fai;ed under the weight of expectation and shit strategy. Run the midfield around him and leave Lampard on the bench. As for the penalties, I think the practice of telling the keeper where you would put the shot (in training) was bad on 2 ends. it left Robbo without enough practice in reading the Penalty taker, and it left our players without practice at disgsuising their intentions.

Crouch > Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Crouch > Davies » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:53 pm

fanz wrote:Typical Liverpoolitus, Scousers can never transfer club form to the international team. Both those f**kers scored in the european cup final but can't do it for England. Pair of useless wasters.
Wrong.

Carragher didn't.

I've no arguments with the Gerrard went missing club. I will point out that he was our top scorer, but that's not going to cover up. He had a poor tournament. He never got himself involved in the game.

And here's my theory why:

STILL too deep.

The entire midfield was STILL to deep, despite the fact Svennis started Hargreaves. Lampard and Gerrard should have been within ten yards of Rooney, but never were. Gerrard gets more involved when he's further up the field. And I tell you what could make Steven Gerrard the England talisman he should be - making him captain. He thrives on responsibility.

No arguments from me, he had a let down of a tournament. Hardly alone though, was he?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:03 pm

Fair enough - I admit that singling Gerrard out like this was over the top and that the system was mainly to blame, but I was still slightly inebriated and depressed at the time.

But Gerrard was dead on his feet for the entirety of extra time, and that and his missed penalty stuck in my mind.

Crouch > Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Crouch > Davies » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:08 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:But Gerrard was dead on his feet for the entirety of extra time, and that and his missed penalty stuck in my mind.
The English fitness coach has a lot to answer for, IMO. The lot of them looked knackered.