The Final

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will win the 2006 World Cup?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:36 am

France
22%
Italy
78%

Total votes: 23

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:47 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJP

As that video shows, Materazzi is a ****ing headcase. I have also heard he used a racial slur against Hatem Trabelsi earlier this year, and he was already sent off in the World Cup.
That's not a full address, but i'm guessing you meant this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlaqsOPl ... =Materazzi

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:54 pm

I meant this one but that's even better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJPKM5aJ ... =materazzi

boltonben
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by boltonben » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
boltonben wrote: Ziadane has been sent off more times than Roy Keane in his career. Not really a statistic that one would want to have.
Well yes, but then Wee Ricky Gardner's been sent off more times than Robbie Savage.
Take your point. Lies, damn lies and statistics, but Zidane has always had a violent streak, while say Gardner has been sent off a few times usually as last man (whether fairly or not), when Zidane has got sent off it is usually for kicking, stamping, hitting somebody etc.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:29 pm

warthog wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
warthog wrote:My feeling is that Zidane committed a calculated act of intimidation. By avoiding facial contact, he hoped to stay on the pitch. The gamble backfired. Given the force of the blow, I'd say that the sending off was justified.
There was no calculated gamble that weighed up the possible consequences - he lost control in the heat of the moment.
Then we'll have to agree to differ.

On a lighter note

I know what you're saying - he kind of composed himself before he did it - but I don't think he stopped and thought "I reckon I'll get away with a headbutt to the chest because the referee will probably view it as mere intimidation, thus only deserving a yellow card."
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:32 pm

Here is the headbut from another angle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2slJ9CBnk0

You can see Materazzi constantly winding him up.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:35 pm

Has anyone else had prolonged Italian celebrations in their local area today. I walked to the end of my street just after six tonight and was passed by a van, draped in a Forza Italia flag, with loudspeakers blaring out the Italian national anthem.

How anyone is going to get a decent fish supper in this town in the next few days, I don't know.

Good job the Poles didn't win - the whole economy would have ground to a halt.

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:56 am

superjohnmcginlay wrote:I heard (dunno if its true) that he called Zidane a terrorist or something along those lines in reference to him being Algerian.
Nah he just said " Your mother is a Pie-eater and your sister supports Blackburn!"
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:30 am

Henrik's fan club wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:I heard (dunno if its true) that he called Zidane a terrorist or something along those lines in reference to him being Algerian.
Nah he just said " Your mother is a Pie-eater and your sister supports Blackburn!"
Naah, he's not got enough fingers! :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:34 pm

"...THE TRUTH: Materazzi tweaked Zidane's nipple. Zidane smiling said 'I suppose you want my shirt? Don't worry you can have it. I'll give it to you after the game.' To which Materazzi replied 'I'd rather take the shirt off your wife'. This was in the Daily Express this morning, so a reliable source. So rumours over. So ever seen Zidane's wife. Materazzi was just speaking his mind. Then again if I had..."

From www.teamtalk.com
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:08 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:"...THE TRUTH: Materazzi tweaked Zidane's nipple. Zidane smiling said 'I suppose you want my shirt? Don't worry you can have it. I'll give it to you after the game.' To which Materazzi replied 'I'd rather take the shirt off your wife'. This was in the Daily Express this morning, so a reliable source. So rumours over. So ever seen Zidane's wife. Materazzi was just speaking his mind. Then again if I had..."
I highly doubt it. Words to that effect are probably said a dozen times every match. If that was what he said, then I think Materazzi would come right out and admit it. It's not like he has any shame.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:02 pm

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:41 am

BBC Radio Five Live asked a deaf lip reader to read Materazzi's words phonetically to an Italian translator:
She deciphered the insult as being "you're the son of a terrorist whore"

The BBC's Ten O'Clock News called in experts to study the television footage who said:
Materazzi told Zidane to "calm down" before accusing him of being a "liar" and wished "an ugly death to you and your family". This was followed by "Go f*** yourself"

One more reason why I hate the media. From a deaf lip reader dictating the phonetics to a translator, straight to every front page within a day? Who the feck are these morons trying to kid with this garbage.

So which one was it then? 'Terrorist whore' or an 'ugly death to your family'? They're both easily confused after all. Do you know which one it was? Do you know at all? If not, piss off and shut up you scumbags.