Middle East Crisis

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Middle East Crisis

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:44 pm

We're just wondering if we're anywhere even close to what others say.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:33 am

Prufrock wrote:No it isn't. And yes. A belief that up to 250 people have returned is stunningly strong evidence.

The silence of Muslims? Is that a film?

Like LE says, if there's evidence against them, charge 'em.
Threresa May
"People who insist on travelling to fight in Syria and Iraq will be investigated by the police and security services.

"For those who have dual nationality, I have the power to strip them of their citizenship and exclude them from the country.

"Following the recent Immigration Act, I can, in certain circumstances, remove citizenship from naturalised Britons who are fighting overseas and exclude them too.
Back to you Pru :mrgreen:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:43 am

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote: Where are all the peaceful Muslims on the streets at demos against ISIS?
hobes - I think I answered your two questions...

you seem concerened about those muslims not being on demos against ISIS - though, clearly they are..

can I ask, politely and gently - have YOU been on the street demonstrating against ISIS?
No and I wont be taking to the streets about anything, I don't believe them to be productive, they cost a fortune to police, they are disruptive and liable to fall into the hands of the nut jobs!
I would not deny anyone the right to protest in small manageable groups but some of these mass demo's wrecked by Stella swigging scruffy students with small brains pushes that tolerance to the limit.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:46 am

Hoboh wrote:
thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote: Where are all the peaceful Muslims on the streets at demos against ISIS?

you seem concerened about those muslims not being on demos against ISIS - though, clearly they are..

can I ask, politely and gently - have YOU been on the street demonstrating against ISIS?
No and I wont be taking to the streets about anything, I don't believe them to be productive, they cost a fortune to police, they are disruptive and liable to fall into the hands of the nut jobs!
and yet... you come on here demanding that ordinary muslims go on the street to protest against ISIS in order to prove their opposition???

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:02 am

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
thebish wrote:

and yet... you come on here demanding that ordinary muslims go on the street to protest against ISIS in order to prove their opposition???
Where did I say that? I said it is noticeable the amount of protest the 'moderate' Muslims are failing to do, comparing it with the venom doled out to Israel and support for ISIS types in Gaza, Hamas!.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:08 am

Hoboh wrote:
Where did I say that? I said it is noticeable the amount of protest the 'moderate' Muslims are failing to do,
if you've now changed your mind and don't want them to protest on the streets - how on earth would their protest be "noticeable"??

what on earth are you talking about, man??

I have already listed MANY official statements from moderate Muslim associations all over the world. What other form of protest are you looking for exactly, which would prove that they are opposed to ISIS?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:14 am

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Where did I say that? I said it is noticeable the amount of protest the 'moderate' Muslims are failing to do,
if you've now changed your mind and don't want them to protest on the streets - how on earth would their protest be "noticeable"??

what on earth are you talking about, man??

I have already listed MANY official statements from moderate Muslim associations all over the world. What other form of protest are you looking for exactly, which would prove that they are opposed to ISIS?
I'm looking into the sources and depth of this protest, just to make sure it's not skin deep you know, then I will compare it to the condemnation or lack of given to the murderers Hamas.

Oh and btw people pay as much attention to moderate Muslim associations as they do church groups!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:17 am

Hoboh wrote:
Prufrock wrote:No it isn't. And yes. A belief that up to 250 people have returned is stunningly strong evidence.

Threresa May
"People who insist on travelling to fight in Syria and Iraq will be investigated by the police and security services.

"For those who have dual nationality, I have the power to strip them of their citizenship and exclude them from the country.

"Following the recent Immigration Act, I can, in certain circumstances, remove citizenship from naturalised Britons who are fighting overseas and exclude them too.
You appear for some reason not to have read the word naturalised in that quote :conf: ?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:18 am

I see that the latest alleged heretics undergoing the inquisition are hoboh and SF with HP being lined up.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:28 am

Hoboh wrote:
Oh and btw people pay as much attention to moderate Muslim associations as they do church groups!
your point was that ordinary muslims are NOT protesting against ISIS.

then you said they might be doing it abroad but they aren't doing it in London

then you said that you can't read the word London next to a photo of them protesting in London

now your point seems to be that ordinary muslims actually ARE protesting - but nobody is listening. One of those people determined not to listen is obviously YOU!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:35 am

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

then you said that you can't read the word London next to a photo of them protesting in London

now your point seems to be that ordinary muslims actually ARE protesting - but nobody is listening. One of those people determined not to listen is obviously YOU!
Go and have a brew and a few mins in the Sun and fresh air! :mrgreen:

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:04 pm

Hoboh wrote:
thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Go and have a brew and a few mins in the Sun and fresh air! :mrgreen:
Oh come on Hoboh, surely you don't expect thebish as the south west regional head of the Pedant's Society, to have time to go outside and take in the fresh air?

Oh no, he has to polish his "right-on" credentials - sometimes even on company time - in order to keep pace with the crazy well-meaning world of the Prufrock and his liberal chumps chums. Don't forget that they have to defend at least one jihadist before teatime each and every day of the year. Arguing black is white (ironic, ain't it?) is their bread and butter. Jam is reserved only for the fully qualified human rights lawyers, unfortunately. Luckily, that does mean that Cherie Blair is never going to starve for the want of some fruit-based healthy preserves.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:56 pm

or - alternatively, it's possible that moderate muslims all around the world ARE protesting about ISIS, and that Hoboh was mistaken...

still - don't let that get in the way of a load of bollox!

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:46 pm

thebish wrote:or - alternatively, it's possible that moderate muslims all around the world ARE protesting about ISIS, and that Hoboh was mistaken...

Of course it is possible that some muslims around the world are protesting about the sub-human murderous thugs of which you talk. When did I say it was untrue? Just do not take it as a vote of confidence by said protesters for a pluralist and democratic society. I suspect an element of self-preservation comes into this in western countries following the remarks by the leaders of Sunni muslims in Eygpt and Saudi Arabia who pointed out that the whole messy business is painting muslims in a bad light.

Not too many protests in the Sunni dominated states or Pakistan/Bangladesh are there?

A load of bollox, you say? It appears you don't appreciate heavy-handed satire then. So be it.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:52 pm

bedwetter2 wrote:
thebish wrote:or - alternatively, it's possible that moderate muslims all around the world ARE protesting about ISIS, and that Hoboh was mistaken...

Of course it is possible that some muslims around the world are protesting about the sub-human murderous thugs of which you talk. When did I say it was untrue?
you didn't - but Hoboh did - Lord knows why you piped up!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Threresa May

You appear for some reason not to have read the word naturalised in that quote :conf: ?
Pru is correct here. I am a dual citizen. Canada has the right in certain circumstances to remove my Canadian citizenship because I am naturalized, but the UK cannot because I was born in England of parents born in England. Nor should any change in laws have retroactive effect.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:54 pm

thebish wrote:
bedwetter2 wrote:

Of course it is possible that some muslims around the world are protesting about the sub-human murderous thugs of which you talk. When did I say it was untrue?
you didn't - but Hoboh did - Lord knows why you piped up!
Because the debate had stalled on the question, it seemed, of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. I'm sure you understand the analogy. Perhaps Hoboh had decided to get a bit of fresh air himself, but whatever the case this is a forum and I wasn't aware that members have to be invited to comment. Regardless of whether the Lord knows or not. :crazy:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:09 pm

bedwetter2 wrote: Because the debate had stalled on the question, it seemed, of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. I'm sure you understand the analogy. Perhaps Hoboh had decided to get a bit of fresh air himself, but whatever the case this is a forum and I wasn't aware that members have to be invited to comment. Regardless of whether the Lord knows or not. :crazy:

nowt to do with angels on a pin...

it's really a very simple simple question - and one raised directly as a question by Hoboh - not me.

are moderate, ordinary muslims out campaigning against ISIS or not.

as it happens, you and me agree - they are
Hoboh reckons they're not

it's hoboh you should be trying to persuade - not me! you're preaching to the converted...

(hoboh's out on his m'bike off up to Derwent Water with his missus)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:45 pm

thebish wrote:
bedwetter2 wrote: Because the debate had stalled on the question, it seemed, of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. I'm sure you understand the analogy. Perhaps Hoboh had decided to get a bit of fresh air himself, but whatever the case this is a forum and I wasn't aware that members have to be invited to comment. Regardless of whether the Lord knows or not. :crazy:

nowt to do with angels on a pin...

it's really a very simple simple question - and one raised directly as a question by Hoboh - not me.

are moderate, ordinary muslims out campaigning against ISIS or not.

as it happens, you and me agree - they are
Hoboh reckons they're not

it's hoboh you should be trying to persuade - not me! you're preaching to the converted...

(hoboh's out on his m'bike off up to Derwent Water with his missus)
Actually bish i think I said mass demos, There is one question puzzling me;

Why do you assume all the people in the pics are Muslim? because of their colour/dress?

Anyway I dropped my bloody bike today on a tight, very steep, adverse camber hairpin bend not at all chuffed. I'd slowed right down to snails pace to warn the rest of them it was very tricky, forgot I was in second gear and feckin' stalled, weight of bike + adverse camber = not a prayer of holding it up.
Damage absolutely zilch to bike or me, big sigh of relief.
Hawes and the lakes tomorrow.
Oh nearly forgot, thank you Yorkies for the one lovely black cloud that urinated all over us!!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:52 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Actually bish i think I said mass demos, There is one question puzzling me;

Why do you assume all the people in the pics are Muslim? because of their colour/dress?

ALL of the photos I posted were of mass demos - all of them had ordinary muslims out demonstrating against ISIS

all of the photos were gleaned from news articles reporting what happened and who was there - which is where my captions came from.