BORAT FILM!!!!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:22 am

What??? The film was hilarious. Of course it followed a general storyline. The only set up was Pamela Anderson. Yes not all o fit was unscripted but you cant expect that. The film had the whole cinema in hysterics and applauding afterwards. Seriously the funniest film ive ever seen. Hope it pulls in alot at the box office.

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:31 pm

Watched it last night and my jaw is still aching from laughing so much....that bloke at the Rodeo who wanted him to shave off his moustache so he didn't "Look like a terrorist" :lol:
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:39 pm

Lol, to many hilarious bits. The naked fight was sick but so funny. What a film!!

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:52 pm

daxter15 wrote:Lol, to many hilarious bits. The naked fight was sick but so funny. What a film!!
Haha that was so wrong! When he chased him through the conference with the rubber fist hahahahaha

Free the T-W two!

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:53 pm

Saw it today

SUPERB.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:46 pm

I really don't understand the fuss regarding the character of Borat, or for that matter Ali G. Sasha Baron Cohen seems to be something of a one trick pony to me, which is along the lines of - Create a character that the victim (and the audience) accept as being naïve, and as a result you can be rude to people without at any point being even remotely witty, you've just put yourself in a position whereby you can say and ask things that are normally accepted as being taboo.
Hardly comic genius, is it?! :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I really don't understand the fuss regarding the character of Borat, or for that matter Ali G. Sasha Baron Cohen seems to be something of a one trick pony to me, which is along the lines of - Create a character that the victim (and the audience) accept as being naïve, and as a result you can be rude to people without at any point being even remotely witty, you've just put yourself in a position whereby you can say and ask things that are normally accepted as being taboo.
It's not him that is the comic element but the subjects, the human condition, the falseness of public figures - think along the lines of Brass Eye but on a more base level.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:11 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:I really don't understand the fuss regarding the character of Borat, or for that matter Ali G. Sasha Baron Cohen seems to be something of a one trick pony to me, which is along the lines of - Create a character that the victim (and the audience) accept as being naïve, and as a result you can be rude to people without at any point being even remotely witty, you've just put yourself in a position whereby you can say and ask things that are normally accepted as being taboo.
It's not him that is the comic element but the subjects, the human condition, the falseness of public figures - think along the lines of Brass Eye but on a more base level.
I hear what you say, but with Brass Eye the self-seeking, sycophantic, obsequious pratts that would have their name attached to absolutely anything if they thought that there was the slightest glimpse of favourable publicity involved in it is a far cry from an aged mineworker trying to explain the workings of Welsh coalmines or Heinz Wolf trying to explain infinity. The subjects of Brass Eye deserved everything they got, I just end up feeling sorry for the soft and undeserving targets of SBC. Don't know if you heard some of the interviews that he was giving in character outside the premiere, but to me they were cringeworthy in the extreme. Maybe it's just me, but for people to hold the guy up as some sort of comedy genius is an absolute insult to those that have genuinely earned the accolade.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:02 pm

He is a genius. The film is hilarious, forget about the whole idea behind the humour, it is just brilliantly funny.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:09 pm

daxter15 wrote:He is a genius.
Substantiate your point. :conf:

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:
I hear what you say, but with Brass Eye the self-seeking, sycophantic, obsequious pratts that would have their name attached to absolutely anything if they thought that there was the slightest glimpse of favourable publicity involved in it is a far cry from an aged mineworker trying to explain the workings of Welsh coalmines or Heinz Wolf trying to explain infinity. The subjects of Brass Eye deserved everything they got, I just end up feeling sorry for the soft and undeserving targets of SBC. Don't know if you heard some of the interviews that he was giving in character outside the premiere, but to me they were cringeworthy in the extreme. Maybe it's just me, but for people to hold the guy up as some sort of comedy genius is an absolute insult to those that have genuinely earned the accolade.
Some of the people Borat goads into saying things are disgusting....racist, sexist, homophobic...and he shows them up for what they are and utterly takes the piss

Free the T-W two!

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:27 pm

Another thing that I didn't like about the film was how some of it was so unoriginal.

For example, him having diner at a posh persons house. He has already done that twice!

And dax, if you think that the Pamela Anderson bit was the only part which was set up, then you are crazy.

The funniest part in the whole film was the guys reaction to eating the cheese.

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:33 pm

Mmmm... I hope we get it down here, I checked some of his stuff at youtube and I found it hilarious.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:04 pm

keveh wrote:Another thing that I didn't like about the film was how some of it was so unoriginal.

For example, him having diner at a posh persons house. He has already done that twice!

And dax, if you think that the Pamela Anderson bit was the only part which was set up, then you are crazy.

The funniest part in the whole film was the guys reaction to eating the cheese.
Which bits woudl you say? obviously the start and finish were but that is fine, The prostitute was an actress but i cant think of too many others. Whatever, it was a great film.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:13 pm

I dont care for Borat at all. I usually dont like embarassment comedy. I can understand that other people love it though. I am just tired of hearing about it.

No big deal, but it's already overblown on the net and the news.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:34 pm

Well it topped the US box office in its first weekend, despite being at only fractionally over a quarter of the theatres that the 2nd place film (The Santa Clause 13 or whatever bloody sequel they're up to) was. Proves it's got some popular appeal over there, at least...

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:26 pm

blurred wrote:Well it topped the US box office in its first weekend, despite being at only fractionally over a quarter of the theatres that the 2nd place film (The Santa Clause 13 or whatever bloody sequel they're up to) was. Proves it's got some popular appeal over there, at least...
Same thing in Montreal - did $25 million on the weekend and only in 1/4 of the theatres here as well. Number one by a considerable margin.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:52 pm

Just saw it a second time.....it was hilarious again :lol:

Free the T-W two!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:36 pm

I thought it was quality. Maybe I'm sad but I really liked the bear in the ice cream van scaring the kids, or when he went all 'gangsta' in the hotel...think they were the bits that made me nearly cry....or the one liners like that about his wife and what is she isn't now she aint 15 amymore...

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:03 pm

officer_dibble wrote:I thought it was quality. Maybe I'm sad but I really liked the bear in the ice cream van scaring the kids, or when he went all 'gangsta' in the hotel...think they were the bits that made me nearly cry....or the one liners like that about his wife and what is she isn't now she aint 15 amymore...
Not sad at all. It is brilliant and has been universally praised by critics.