SOPRANOS...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

white blood
Promising
Promising

SOPRANOS...

Post by white blood » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:17 am

Is back! tonight E4, 10pm. at long last!

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:27 am

I've seen the first half of the series already and it's good.. but something of a let down after the truly sublime series 5. It's quite loose and unfocussed at the half-way point.

Watch out for Meadow in the opening montage :shock: You'll see what I mean.

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:38 am

50sQuiff wrote:I've seen the first half of the series already and it's good.. but something of a let down after the truly sublime series 5. It's quite loose and unfocussed at the half-way point.

Dont say that, ive been looking forward to this for months! tbh, i have read about fans having particular favourite and least favourite seires' but i have loved every minute of each. i suppose this might be because i watched the first four seires' back to back because i bought them all after watching season 5, then i watched season 5 again, so they all kinda blended into one. superb!

I am always watching out for Meadow btw!

take the tour its quality, http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/map/

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:57 am

50sQuiff wrote:I've seen the first half of the series already and it's good.. but something of a let down after the truly sublime series 5. It's quite loose and unfocussed at the half-way point.

marks out of two........

power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:08 pm

Tremendous!

but be careful, hurt her feelings your likley to get 'whacked'!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:11 pm

oooh getting my "likely" whacked sounds like it could be fun! :twisted:
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

boltoncalling
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by boltoncalling » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:44 pm

I thought last nights was a mixed bag. Dont get me wrong it was good, and the opening episode of every series takes time to find its feet but I didnt like the constant porsche promotion throughout the episode, and every scene seemed rushed like they were trying to fit too much in.. Ending was class though! (and of course meadow in her panties at the beginning)
lost in yorkshire

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:55 pm

Thought it was an excellent opener. :pray: I've been hooked since series one. Have to agree with Bolotn Calling on the OTT Porsche Promotion & Commies love of Meadow. I'll like to graze in her soft & furry meadow.

A slow start but it just got better and better. Here's to the next episode.
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:53 pm

Very authentic looking suicide and pissing of the pants, gruesome.

I bet Uncle Junior's in sheltered accommodation very soon, like six feet below.

Brilliant,Brilliant,Brilliant,Brilliant
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:13 pm

Awesome! wasnt expecting the suicide, not the first time anyway (i watched it agin on +1) didnt really notice the porche thing last night but see what you mean, suppose it was a brand new model when they filmed it. and meadow made a pointless but welcome appearence in her smalls, for the lads. nice bit of comedy with Bobby Bacala, kills people for a living, toy train set as a hobby.
How come nothing has come of Vito getting caught sucking off that security guard? and i hope that Phil Leotardo gets 'taken care of' soon too.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:21 pm

All in good time White Blood.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:46 pm

white blood wrote:Awesome! wasnt expecting the suicide, not the first time anyway (i watched it agin on +1) didnt really notice the porche thing last night but see what you mean, suppose it was a brand new model when they filmed it. and meadow made a pointless but welcome appearence in her smalls, for the lads. nice bit of comedy with Bobby Bacala, kills people for a living, toy train set as a hobby.
How come nothing has come of Vito getting caught sucking off that security guard? and i hope that Phil Leotardo gets 'taken care of' soon too.
Who, what , when, were, what channel :shock:

I've only gone a bleeding missed it!! :roll:

Does anyone know if it's repeated anytime this week, and on what channel?
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:48 pm

its repeated tonight at 1.40am then again Sunday at 10.00pm. second episode next thurday 10.00pm - all on E4.

Was only joking, no suicides! :wink:

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:10 pm

white blood wrote:its repeated tonight at 1.40am then again Sunday at 10.00pm. second episode next thurday 10.00pm - all on E4.

Was only joking, no suicides! :wink:
Excellent, cheers White Blood :D
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

boltoncalling
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by boltoncalling » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:57 pm

yeah I watched it again and was more impressed this time. The ending is brilliant! One of the best ever

The porche thing is something unfortunately associated with HBO, they do it in desperate housewives aswell (Im told)

There was that scene with Carmela going to Ginni Sach's house for no reason at all and says "do you want a ride in the new porsche, its a..." and at the end she says the same to Angie. stood out like a sore thumb. poppycock.

Lookin forward to the next one though
lost in yorkshire

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:26 pm

Great opening episode. I love the Sopranos but does anyone else occasionally struggle with the dialogue? Sometimes something happens that I didnt see coming because I couldnt tell what had been said earlier.

Meadow is hot hot hot!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:06 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Great opening episode. I love the Sopranos but does anyone else occasionally struggle with the dialogue? Sometimes something happens that I didnt see coming because I couldnt tell what had been said earlier.

Meadow is hot hot hot!
get da fock oudda heeeere.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:31 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Great opening episode. I love the Sopranos but does anyone else occasionally struggle with the dialogue? Sometimes something happens that I didnt see coming because I couldnt tell what had been said earlier.

Meadow is hot hot hot!
:D It's a jersey accent with mafia talk. I am used to it as it very popularised in the states. Just reminds me of how I have to translate English movies for friends!

Bwfc in the bloodline
Promising
Promising

Post by Bwfc in the bloodline » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:56 pm

americantrotter wrote:

Meadow is hot hot hot!
:D It's a jersey accent with mafia talk. I am used to it as it very popularised in the states. Just reminds me of how I have to translate English movies for friends!
I know what you mean. When im watching hollywood style programmes films, they have English characters, like Ross' wife in friends, and countless films. And they dont sound anything like any accent over here! Always baffles me, because they are English speaking people who have acted over here. So they must get there and get told. Your English isnt English enough speak like this.......
Stay up

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:22 pm

Well add in that America think there are 2 accents. Cockney and Oasis.