Spammers in hypocrisy shocker

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Spammers in hypocrisy shocker

Post by Batman » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:08 pm

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1703 ... 60,00.html

"I apologise if I upset the West Ham fans. I apologise to anyone with anything to do with West Ham. The last thing I wanted to do on my return to Upton Park was to cause a riot or anything like that."

So said Glenn Roeder after watching his side beat West Ham, demonstrating once again just how crazy football is.

Roeder had endured 80 minutes of West Ham fans singing about his family and his past health problems, before applauding the travelling Newcastle fans - many of whom were just halfway through a 550 mile round-trip on a Sunday afternoon to support their side - when they sang his name in a more complimentary way than their chirpy cockney counterparts.

Roeder owes West Ham's fans very little. While he did get them relegated - on a record 42 points, mind - the unsavoury incidents that surrounded his last months at the club more than levelled the score. Few things in football have left as nasty a taste in the mouth as angry Hammers fans smashing the windows of Roeder's family home as he was recovering from life-saving brain surgery.

It's probably important to clarify here that Mediawatch does not refer to that incident as typical of West Ham fans. Every club has an undesirable element amongst its fans.

The reaction to Roeder's actions, though, suggests that about 30,000 of West Ham's undesirable element were in Upton Park on Saturday.