Does it happen a lot in Liverpool?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Does it happen a lot in Liverpool?

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:39 pm

Liverpool striker Peter Crouch was forced to catch a cab to join up with the England camp after thieves stole his Aston Martin - but police have now recovered the car.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:41 pm

it was nicked from Alderley Edge, Cheshire so can't specifically blame the scousers for that

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:42 pm

Most people in Lancashire do install an anti-theft device in their car. If the car goes past St Helens towards Liverpool then the doors lock, the engine cuts out and it sends an SMS text to the police.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:54 pm

Athers wrote:Most people in Lancashire do install an anti-theft device in their car. If the car goes past St Helens towards Liverpool then the doors lock, the engine cuts out and it sends an SMS text to the police.
:D
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Re: Does it happen a lot in Liverpool?

Post by blurred » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:45 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Liverpool striker Peter Crouch was forced to catch a cab to join up with the England camp after thieves stole his Aston Martin - but police have now recovered the car.
In response to the question, yes, it has happened a fair bit of late. Crouch, Agger, Dudek and Everton's Van der Meyde have all been hit in recent months. Although as pointed out above, Crouch does not live on Merseyside (and Dudek's in MWCIEC territory over the water...)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:47 pm

In response to the question also, it's been a national pastime there for donkey's years. I kid you not. :roll:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bwfc in the bloodline
Promising
Promising

Post by Bwfc in the bloodline » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:49 pm

I clocked those 'coincidences' earlier, seems top happen to footballers playing for either everton or liverpool quite often.

I being a suspicious person came up with a mad stroy, the everton and liverpol 'firms' were in a battle to rob as many as possible of the other teams players homes? no.....yes???
Stay up

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:13 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:In response to the question also, it's been a national pastime there for donkey's years. I kid you not. :roll:
The nation of Merseyside? I s'pose burglary doesn't happen anywhere else in the country? :roll: Anyway, one of the lads lived in the Wirral, another in darkest Cheshire.

Can remember Ferguson's (Big Dunc variety) place getting burgled and he kicked the shit out of them as he was home at the time...
Bwfc in the bloodline wrote:I being a suspicious person came up with a mad stroy, the everton and liverpol 'firms' were in a battle to rob as many as possible of the other teams players homes? no.....yes???
That would surprise me greatly - it's more likely enterprising thieves who want a bit of memorabilia and are attacking people that they know will have some pricey shit around the place. Still not as bad as Vieira's place getting done over last year, though - they poisoned him and his family through his air conditioning to knock them out - scary shit.

Enzo Gambaro
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Enzo Gambaro » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:15 pm

Does anyone know if Andy Van Der Meyde got his dog back?
ImageFor further information on:- Dean Holdsworth Call Celeb Agents on 0870 765 9696

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:44 pm

And of course there is that story about Big Ron's place getting robbed whilst he was doing a Champions League match... and the lovely element of his wife being found trussed up... and when the police caught the burglars, they claimed she was "already tied up".

Smashin'.
Viva La Portable Radio!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:27 pm

blurred wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
In response to the question, yes, it has happened a fair bit of late. Crouch, Agger, Dudek and Everton's Van der Meyde have all been hit in recent months. Although as pointed out above, Crouch does not live on Merseyside (and Dudek's in MWCIEC territory over the water...)
But four Scousers are under arrest for the theft. Fact. Tonight's Bolton Evening News. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:40 pm

blurred wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Van der Meyde lives my side of the water too, not far from my girlfriend's house.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:46 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:But four Scousers are under arrest for the theft. Fact. Tonight's Bolton Evening News. :mrgreen:
They're probably Wools, anyway :wink2:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:55 pm

You know, I've just rang the Bentley dealer in Jersey and the phone was answered by a Scouser (seriously), do you think I disturbed them? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:40 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:You know, I've just rang the Bentley dealer in Jersey and the phone was answered by a Scouser (seriously), do you think I disturbed them? :?
How come you're doing the ringing round to get the car serviced yourself, Bruce? Chauffeurs day off today? :mrgreen:
Businesswoman of the year.

Crouch > Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Crouch > Davies » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:03 pm

Enzo Gambaro wrote:Does anyone know if Andy Van Der Meyde got his dog back?
Yes.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:04 pm

Crouch > Davies wrote:
Yes.
Thought he might have just nipped in The Grafton and got another.
May the bridges I burn light your way

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:05 pm

Crouch > Davies wrote:
Yes.
And did he?

By the way, Hull for the Grand Final is a mortgage lumper
Sto ut Serviam

Gnome
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gnome » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:44 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Crouch > Davies wrote:
Yes.
And did he?
dammit you stole my joke! :mrgreen:

so....C>D, you know whether or not he got it back, would you like to share the information? :wink:
Nay-Nay: so good they named me twice

"oh Nicky Hunt, should play up front, oh Nicky Hunt should play up front"