Roman's chequebook to the rescue! (again)

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Roman's chequebook to the rescue! (again)

Post by Village Idiot » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:53 am

http://football.guardian.co.uk/breaking ... 79,00.html

So IIRC he has bribed his way out of trouble in the Arnesen and Mikel affaires and now this. That guy has deeper pockets than the Marianas Trench.

The day Roman gets bored and leaves, Chelsea will make Leeds' economy look like Fort Knox. I'd laugh so much then, pity 90% of their "fans" will just turn to ManU again.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:02 pm

Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Roman has made it clear time and time again that by 2010 he wants Chelsea to be self sufficient, so he won't "get bored" and there is absolutely nothing to suggest that even if he does leave, Chelsea will be in financial ruin, especially if they keep winning stuff.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:16 pm

i love Roman Abramovich :pray:

thanks to him the red crap will hopefully not win the Prem for another 50 years
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:30 pm

Hoolio wrote:Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Roman has made it clear time and time again that by 2010 he wants Chelsea to be self sufficient, so he won't "get bored" and there is absolutely nothing to suggest that even if he does leave, Chelsea will be in financial ruin, especially if they keep winning stuff.
Jealousy? Oh puuuuuleaaaaaaaaazeeeeee. Chelsea's only merit was being bankrupt when Abramovich was looking for a club to buy.

Anyway, I won't engage on a trophy pissing contest with Chelsea 'cos this is a Bolton board and it would be an arrogant thing to do.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:37 pm

I fkin hate Abramovich, and Chelski.

so there.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:53 pm

Ruining football again.

Just when transfer fee's looked like they may start coming down to more realistic figures who comes along and inflates the market yet again just to launder his money?? Roman Abramovich.

£24m on Essien - ridiculous!

For me its not jealousy its just that it means that you'll never get another Forest or other such team who win because of the skill of the running of the club, its all purely finance! Jackburn bought the title and now so are Chelsea.

Lets be honest one the red headed Jock leaves Utd and Wenger leave the @rse they both have lulls, and I honestly believe that if Chelski hadnb't got the Oligarchs cash that there coud have been a couple of years where some of the "smaller" clubs could have competed, but it'll never happen now.
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless