FM 2007: Bolton Wanderers

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

FM 2007: Bolton Wanderers

Post by Village Idiot » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:37 pm

I just bought FM 2007, and breaking my policy of never taking a team in a top division, I started a game with BW.

Will keep you updated just for fun.

Actually the best lineup I can come with (until Ricky comes back) is the one Big Sam uses IRL so the game looks accurate. Nicky Hunt is a more than decent fullback, though (although I think a lot of people underrate him here). Nicky Anelka is a bit average.

For starters, I want to bring a left back, Teimouran and Tal look quite capable in the game so a central midfielder is not necessary for now. Transfer kitty is next to none though.

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:01 pm

First two big transfer moves...

Pedersen goes to Watford for 1'5mil that will be useful in the search for a left right back.

And Big Sam has taken the Leeds seat! :o

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: FM 2007: Bolton Wanderers

Post by Bench » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:22 pm

Village Idiot wrote:I just bought FM 2007, and breaking my policy of never taking a team in a top division, I started a game with BW.

Will keep you updated just for fun.

Actually the best lineup I can come with (until Ricky comes back) is the one Big Sam uses IRL so the game looks accurate. Nicky Hunt is a more than decent fullback, though (although I think a lot of people underrate him here). Nicky Anelka is a bit average.

For starters, I want to bring a left back, Teimouran and Tal look quite capable in the game so a central midfielder is not necessary for now. Transfer kitty is next to none though.
We may as well call this the Saddo's Thread and have done with it.

I'm fifteen games into my first season in charge and, mainly due to the miniscule tranfer kitty, have failed to sign anyone. Nicku Hunt is far better on FM2007 than he is in real life (and I happen to rate the kid more than most!). Pedersen, amazingly, is one of my most consistent players although he is out now with injury for two months. My midfield trio comprise O'Brien (who has won Young Player of the Month twice and MOTM three times), Kev Nolan and Ivan Campo.

Anelka is having a stormer with 11 goals in 15 matches.

And 4-1-4-1 rules.
Smarties have answers.....

Luna
Promising
Promising

Post by Luna » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:05 pm

Hunt is absoloultey ninja on the FM series, don't know what they've been watching.

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:32 pm

Use this formation

------------Jussi---------------
Meite TBH Faye Gardner

Stelios Campo Nolan

Diouf Davies Anelka

I'm 3rd in't league wit 5 games left :D

Marshall
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Marshall » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:25 pm

I'm upto xmas time and Anelka is on a goal a game.

Sadly, no other bugger is scoring.

5th in the league though, can't complain too much, and Pedersen has helped collect a few clean sheets too!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:32 pm

Village Idiot wrote: Pedersen goes to Watford for 1'5mil that will be useful in the search for a left right back.
*Latest News* VI and Aidy Boothroyd being investigated for bungs...

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:30 am

Well I tried to turn Bolton into Barça playing smooth silky attacking football and the thing backfired immensely with Bolton actually scoring a few but conceding more than an entire lineup of Titus Brambles. Ten games into the season I was 17th placed just one point over relegation.
So I eventually switched back to "Bolton tactics" and I bounced back to midtable with Nick filling his boots on counterattacks. Snatched a truely cheeky point in Anfield Road with SKD scoring a header in injury time, and let's see if I can keep a good enough form to make it into Europe.
Nolan out for the entire season though.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:04 am

I sold Stelios straight away just to get some money (250k kitty!). Sammy Lee left pretty quickly to become manager at Norwich. I'm bored of mid-table already and considering changing clubs to one at the top or bottom of a league.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:00 am

Athers wrote:I sold Stelios straight away just to get some money (250k kitty!). Sammy Lee left pretty quickly to become manager at Norwich. I'm bored of mid-table already and considering changing clubs to one at the top or bottom of a league.
Yes Sammy Lee also left in my game, to So'thon. He's got immense stats so it's hard to get hold of him.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: FM 2007: Bolton Wanderers

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:51 am

Bench wrote:Anelka is having a stormer with 11 goals in 15 matches.
I pray for the day you stick this post in a bona-fide match thread. :D
Businesswoman of the year.

runningonbravado
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by runningonbravado » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:07 pm

Athers wrote:I sold Stelios straight away just to get some money (250k kitty!). Sammy Lee left pretty quickly to become manager at Norwich. I'm bored of mid-table already and considering changing clubs to one at the top or bottom of a league.
so did i. sold him to aston villa iirc...for about 5M

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:39 pm

two top players:

Lebohang Mokoena (350k ish)
Anthony Vanden Borre (2m ish at the start of the game)

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:27 pm

runningonbravado wrote:
so did i. sold him to aston villa iirc...for about 5M
Heh, Aston Villa wants to buy him in my game too, but with my injury crises he has featured quite regularly.