A question of legality

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

A question of legality

Post by knobpolisher » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:03 pm

Mrs Polisher, whilst out yesterday evening, parked in a residents only area at 7:30. She received a parking ticket from some sad parking attendant on overtime. Anyway i checked the notices this morning and it clearly states resident parking only but does not give times. Presumably therefore it is 24 hour.

However after checking the fixed penalty notice i spotted they had got everything correct except they have stipulated that the colour of the vehicle is Grey and the car itself is quite clearly dark blue. Does anyone know if i can get the ticket cancelled because of this mistake and if so how should i approach this. Do i write and say yes it was our car but you made a mistake on the ticket so stick it where the sun doesn't shine or is a more subtle approach required. I do not want to go to the expense of hiring that Mr Fixit solicitor guy to get me off so i thought i would ask on here.

:)
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:09 pm

You want to say "Oh yes, I'm guilty, but I should get off because the attendant was colour-blind"? I have serious doubts that would work even with the slimiest solicitor. You would probably pay a larger amount since you had gone to court (would over here anyway). Pay the fine - it gives you something to hold over Mrs KP in case you do something unwise at some point.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:13 pm

There are a number of web sites around that specfically cater for those wishing to avoid paying parking fines. Suggest you look there.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:16 pm

Thanks Warty I looked there but a lot of them are a bit airy-fairy and require subscriptions/purchase.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:26 pm

You could try informing the police that there is a cloned car in your area identical in make and model and registration, but a different colour. Then once you have an incident number go back to the ticket issuing office and submit this as evidence in an ongoing investigation.

Or just pay the fine.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:46 pm

If Mrs. Knobpolisher has never had a ticket before just write a nice letter explaining the situation and ask for them to reconsider her ticket. Might work... Maybe throw a couple of threats in...

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:34 pm

sounds ionvalid

Just as if they give you a ticket and teh yellow lines are broke through wear and tear. As soon as they're knackered and the lines are not continuous they don't comply with teh highways act as a road marking ;)
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:16 pm

Hmmm, not sure there's much you can do here pal. The registration is what's important. Let's say you kept quiet for a bit, and when they challenged you, you pointed out that yours is not a grey car, they'll have the photo of the car to dig out anyway.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families