Fatal Stabbing today in Bradshawgate

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Fatal Stabbing today in Bradshawgate

Post by sluffy » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:25 pm

A 25-year-old man has died in hospital following a disturbance involving more than a dozen men in Greater Manchester.
The man suffered stab wounds in the fracas in Bradshawgate, Bolton, in the early hours of Sunday and later died.

A 23-year-old man was also taken to the Royal Bolton Hospital with stab wounds but later discharged himself.

Police have opened a murder inquiry and arrested two local men, aged 23 and 19, in connection with the attack, which happened at about 0430 GMT.

A post-mortem examination on the 25-year-old man is being carried out on Sunday afternoon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 163178.stm

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:09 pm

what sort of tool takes a knife out with him on a saturday night?

:|
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:25 pm

who says it was a knife? could've been a bottle or a glass.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:49 pm

or a pointed stick......
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:40 pm

Nobody is surprised anymore if stuff like this happens.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:53 pm

Actually.. those involved are usually surprised...
Clearly tis a bit of a shock for the victim.. but that's not my point...

generally lads who carry knives, pick up bottles, smash glases or wave pointee sticks about.. are very shocked when they kill someone after some Stellas... and end up playing find the soap with Big Dave in the showers..

They often report not realising that you shouldn't carry anything you aren't prepared to use until after they've stuck it in some poor sod.. and sobered up in't cells...

It's not actually got much worse in the past 20 years knives and lads have always gone together for years and years.. incidents now are more widely reported...
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:40 pm

fecking cowards, not worthy of this great nation, rot 6' by 4' you fecking coward scum!

Nothing more to say on the subject.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Bwfc in the bloodline
Promising
Promising

Post by Bwfc in the bloodline » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:51 pm

We dont know the ins and outs of the situation. The guy with the knife could've been 10-1 out numbered. But chances are it was another case of 10-1 and the 1 was the guy stabbed. I hate gang fights, becuase it never is that, usually a group of blokes who go out knowing if any of them start they will all join in?

But interesting it openly says asian gangs, this is an unusual move, normally the word asian isnt used, although white african and mixed race is often used. And lets be honest how many groups of asains have you seen on a night out, me = none ever!!

Something isnt quite right about this one, i dont think its your staright forward 10 v 10 pissed up nob-eds trying to land heymakers!
Stay up

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:51 pm

Poor bloke

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:57 pm

Slightly up dated report -

A MURDER investigation was launched today after a 25-year-old man was stabbed to death in Bolton town centre.

Police were called to a disturbance in Bradshawgate, Bolton, at around 4.30am today, following reports of a fight between a group of about 15 Asian men.

During the fight a 25-year-old local man was stabbed. He was taken to the Royal Bolton Hospital where he later died.

Large areas of the town centre were cordoned off as forensic officers examined the scene.

Two local men, aged 19 and 23, have been arrested on suspicion of murder and are being questioned by detectives.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/bol ... _death.php

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:44 pm

What a waste of three lives.
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:43 pm

InsaneApache wrote:What a waste of three lives.
Indeed.
In the UK does Asian basically mean Indian subcontinent (I can't remember this thread which said to the Americans it meant south-east Asia or Chinese, and something else to the British)?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:52 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Indeed.
In the UK does Asian basically mean Indian subcontinent (I can't remember this thread which said to the Americans it meant south-east Asia or Chinese, and something else to the British)?
Yes - I would say it generally does

We would probably say Chinese or Japanese or Far Eastern - for those countries plus Vietnam, Indonesia, Cambodia, etc - and Middle eastern for people from Saudi, Iraq, Iran, etc.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:59 pm

sluffy wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Indeed.

We would probably say Chinese or Japanese or Far Eastern - for those countries plus Vietnam, Indonesia, Cambodia, etc - and Middle eastern for people from Saudi, Iraq, Iran, etc.
Surely Oriental?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:10 am

communistworkethic wrote:
sluffy wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Indeed.

Surely Oriental?
Yes Oriental too - but I would guess most people would say Chinese or Japanese than Oriental - and that most people would say something like "I'm travelling to the Far East' rather than 'I'm travelling to the Orient'.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:11 am

In Canada I think we would say Oriental, Indian (which would include Pakistan to their intense annoyance no doubt) and Middle Eastern - not sure we would use simply Asian - might say East Asian.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:19 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:In Canada I think we would say Oriental, Indian (which would include Pakistan to their intense annoyance no doubt) and Middle Eastern - not sure we would use simply Asian - might say East Asian.
I don't know the ethnic make up of Montreal but maybe its because we have larger numbers of people from the sub continent than you do (?) that we are more familiar with their countries of origin - and know that using the term 'Indian' would exclude a great many people who are Pakistani's, Kashmerian's, Sri Lankan's, Bangladeshi's (and in Slough at least) Afghani’s.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:30 am

sluffy wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:In Canada I think we would say Oriental, Indian (which would include Pakistan to their intense annoyance no doubt) and Middle Eastern - not sure we would use simply Asian - might say East Asian.
I don't know the ethnic make up of Montreal but maybe its because we have larger numbers of people from the sub continent than you do (?) that we are more familiar with their countries of origin - and know that using the term 'Indian' would exclude a great many people who are Pakistani's, Kashmerian's, Sri Lankan's, Bangladeshi's (and in Slough at least) Afghani’s.
We do not have a large Pakistani population (not sure why) although we do have a number of Indian Muslims, and many Hindus and Sikhs. Kashmir we would consider India. Sri Lanka and Bangladesh we would refer to specifically (we wouldn't say Asian or Indian - we do make the distinction between Indian and Sri Lankan restaurants). Afghanistan we don't consider part of the Indian subcontinent - we'd probably use (somewhat inaccurately) Middle East. Perhaps the problem is that Asia is too big and too varied.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:49 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Kashmir we would consider India.
I don't think the vast majority of Kashmirian's in Slough would consider themselves to be Indian!

What I have been told is that the Kashmir's population is Muslim - so really should have been part of Pakistan on partition - but the 'ruler' of Kashmir at the time was Hindu and 'ordered' the state to become part of the newly formed India.

Basically from that time both Pakistan and India wanted Kashmir for themselves - aparently it has a great deal of natural resources - and certainly stunning scenery - I guess nobody would be fighting over it if it was just a very poor state!

The solution would seem for Kashmir to become a country in its own right - but it is too poor to exploit its own resources - so the impasse continues.

I've found it quite interesting that Kashmir has sort of similar links to some of the worst 'crises' we have had since the Second World War -

There is the religious divide - where the small ruling group is one religion, with the vast majority of the poor being another - similar to the Northern Ireland conflict.

It is fought over more for its natural resources than anything else - The Gulf War

And it was before all the troubles a 'play ground' for the rich - Cuba

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:37 am

It's always struck me as incongruous that we always refer to "Indian restaurants" when the vast majority of them are owned and staffed by Bangladeshis. Just common usage now, I guess.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!