The breaking News thread...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:You know how a couple of weeks ago I suggested Deano was getting a bit ahead of himself being so public before the deal was finalised? And I got shot down by thebish etc....

Well yeah......
But, but, but... just last week you were stating as fact the delay was down to Eddie Davies, when it turns out when light is shed in court, it had nothing to do with Eddie Davies and everything to do with cold feet in Deano's camp.

So yeah, but no but yeah......
Oh yeah... And lets not forget all that bollox you were spouting about Sports Shield having to prove funding for next season...
It turns out they can't prove funding for this morning, never mind the rest of this season, so we need to take absolutely no notice regarding next season.
Strange how you only address the bits you want to remember and discretely dump all the crap you banged on and on and on and on and on about. You know to the point where people posted "Please make it stop". About me and you. And you were wrong!

So yeah.....
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:03 pm

Fannies filled with panic. It'll be reet.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:You know how a couple of weeks ago I suggested Deano was getting a bit ahead of himself being so public before the deal was finalised? And I got shot down by thebish etc....

Well yeah......
But, but, but... just last week you were stating as fact the delay was down to Eddie Davies, when it turns out when light is shed in court, it had nothing to do with Eddie Davies and everything to do with cold feet in Deano's camp.

So yeah, but no but yeah......
Oh yeah... And lets not forget all that bollox you were spouting about Sports Shield having to prove funding for next season...
It turns out they can't prove funding for this morning, never mind the rest of this season, so we need to take absolutely no notice regarding next season.
Strange how you only address the bits you want to remember and discretely dump all the crap you banged on and on and on and on and on about. You know to the point where people posted "Please make it stop". About me and you. And you were wrong!

So yeah.....
Sorry but no.

The reason the football league are concerned is the fact that their investor pulling out means they haven't enough to get through till the end of next season. And that is why they could only conditionally approve it until they see proof from the new investor. If such a new investor exists.

See Eddie Davies very own quote from just a few hours back
"They've definitely got the funds to see it through to end of season and are currently securing funds to take them through to the end of next season."

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:30 pm

I think I'll take what ED says with a pinch of salt...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:43 pm

I'll take it all with a pinch of salt. Especially as the court seems to think that SS doesn't have the readies. The court being on the record, legally, and all that jazz...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:44 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Good news we have still not been forced into admin / liquidation. We're clearly taking the piss with hmrc and the judge...pay the fckin bill!

However can ser this dragging on past the points defuction deadline and us still going into admin with a defuction nect season!

Bolton Wanderers. We cant even do administration properly!
Anyone noticed the irony? If you don't pay your parking ticket it gets doubled. If you can't pay your £2.2m tax bill, "that's OK, just come back in a fortnight and we'll accept American Express, Scottish notes, Isle Of Man's at a push but make sure the ink's dry, or even an IOU if it's neatly written on the back of a fag packet".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:46 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I'll take it all with a pinch of salt. Especially as the court seems to think that SS doesn't have the readies. The court being on the record, legally, and all that jazz...
In fact they can't even pay the tax bill. So you can shove your and Eddie's contention about next year up your collective jacksie.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:00 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I'll take it all with a pinch of salt. Especially as the court seems to think that SS doesn't have the readies. The court being on the record, legally, and all that jazz...
The court? They've given an extension. Which suggests they think there is the money in the deal to pay the immediate bills. Not sure where you get otherwise from?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:01 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
In fact they can't even pay the tax bill. So you can shove your and Eddie's contention about next year up your collective jacksie.
They don't own the club yet.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
So was the delay down to Eddie Davies's last minutes demands, still? :lol:
According to you... it's Davies's fault that Ss can't prove that next year will exist... :lol:
Whereas the court knows that SS is struggling to prove they exist right fxcking now...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:21 pm

Aanvalluh wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Good news we have still not been forced into admin / liquidation. We're clearly taking the piss with hmrc and the judge...pay the fckin bill!

However can ser this dragging on past the points defuction deadline and us still going into admin with a defuction nect season!

Bolton Wanderers. We cant even do administration properly!
Anyone noticed the irony? If you don't pay your parking ticket it gets doubled. If you can't pay your £2.2m tax bill, "that's OK, just come back in a fortnight and we'll accept American Express, Scottish notes, Isle Of Man's at a push but make sure the ink's dry, or even an IOU if it's neatly written on the back of a fag packet".

Bizniz isn't it? More important than people. If you recall.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:22 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
According to you... it's Davies's fault that Ss can't prove that next year will exist... :lol:
Whereas the court knows that SS is struggling to prove they exist right fxcking now...
You keep saying the court knows. If the court knows they'd have wound us up today. Rather than giving another 2 weeks to complete a deal.

Could you show me the quotes from the judge that suggests he thinks that SS have no money for this season?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:29 pm

It's a dammed sight easier to fall off a tightrope than a rope bridge, that's all I'll say.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:30 pm

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
You keep saying the court knows. If the court knows they'd have wound us up today. Rather than giving another 2 weeks to complete a deal.

Could you show me the quotes from the judge that suggests he thinks that SS have no money for this season?
Yeah, where he said it was the last chance. Where he said that SS had to pay a portion of the tax bill to HMRC, presumably because he knows they can't pay the lot, otherwise he'd have ordered that.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:49 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote: Yeah, where he said it was the last chance. Where he said that SS had to pay a portion of the tax bill to HMRC, presumably because he knows they can't pay the lot, otherwise he'd have ordered that.
He didn't order them to pay a portion. The bill has to be paid in full as part of the deal. Someone has paid a portion of it already.

The last chance is because we've already had like 3 adjournments. The judge reviewed the evidence. If he didn't believe the tax bill could be paid out of this deal he wouldn't have adjourned for yet another 2 weeks.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:50 pm

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:53 pm

Where now Nicolas Anelka? Even at this late hour it's hard to take in the reality of just how far our club has been allowed to fall from grace. Overpaid players can hardly be blamed for their salaries being their fault. Greedy or no, they take what's on offer. Financially we've been allowed to destroy ourselves, the fault of the accountants and management, and our current position propping up the Championship from underneath the barrel reads like a Shakespeare tragedy. Where did it all go so wrong? I have this conversation with people on the streets locally and nobody can truly believe just how deep in the shxt we are. Ever the eternal optimist, I really never believed we could sink back to those lower division days again. We have done though....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:04 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Where now Nicolas Anelka? Even at this late hour it's hard to take in the reality of just how far our club has been allowed to fall from grace. Overpaid players can hardly be blamed for their salaries being their fault. Greedy or no, they take what's on offer. Financially we've been allowed to destroy ourselves, the fault of the accountants and management, and our current position propping up the Championship from underneath the barrel reads like a Shakespeare tragedy. Where did it all go so wrong? I have this conversation with people on the streets locally and nobody can truly believe just how deep in the shxt we are. Ever the eternal optimist, I really never believed we could sink back to those lower division days again. We have done though....
Actually, I worry about the demise of this forum if the club goes 'tits up'.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:09 am

There is always the EU to discuss Hoboh :wink:

Anyway, wasn't it Insano that said 48 x 48 hours ago that the world was ending in 48 hours? Of course, he didn't say which 48 hours, so that's a few bases covered then. No doubt there will be another 48 hours starting in 48 hours...