Lennon gone - official

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Lennon gone - official

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:10 pm

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/club ... 08688.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bolton Wanderers announce that Neil Lennon has left the club by mutual consent
Bolton Wanderers can announce that the club have today, Tuesday 15 March, parted company with manager Neil Lennon by mutual consent.

All at Bolton Wanderers would like to thank Neil for his contributions during his time at the club.

Academy manager Jimmy Phillips will take charge of the first team on an interim basis.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:12 pm

I want it noted that I got that posted before Marc Iles managed a four-word tweet :D

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:14 pm

I am liking the new owners already. No feckin about.

Feel a tad sorry for Lennon and had high hopes when he came in. No excuse for his record and poor tactics though.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:15 pm

Insano having a poo?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:16 pm

Knew this would happen. Holdsworth was open about not rating Lennon welll before the takeover happened.

It is the right decision. Timing a bit odd, but shows some serious intent as I assume they've found the money to pay him off.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:17 pm

JP takes over in the meantime. Doesn't look like we have anyone lined up.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:19 pm

Didn't think we'd be getting shot until the summer. I'm guessing either: it isn't true that he'd be cheaper to sack in the summer, or the rumours he's pissing off the players we'd rather keep are true.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:19 pm

Crikey, I thought they'd have to wait till the end of the season to pull the rug.

SS must be feeling flush.

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:20 pm

The fans didn't want him here.
The players didn't want him here.
He didn't want to be here.

Glad we've not fecked about.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Knew this would happen. Holdsworth was open about not rating Lennon welll before the takeover happened.
Was he now? And where was this then? Because all I heard Holdsworth come out with was that he likes(d) Lennon
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:26 pm

Thank feck for that!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Knew this would happen. Holdsworth was open about not rating Lennon welll before the takeover happened.
Was he now? And where was this then? Because all I heard Holdsworth come out with was that he likes(d) Lennon
Open to fans who talked to him when he was around the club during the months of negotiations.

Clearly in public he had to maintain a professional veneer. But his quotes were very clearly laced with "no promises" "he has a good squad" etc etc.

The warnings were there and clear.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:27 pm

Five minutes before hearing this news I was reading how N.L wanted to stay on and turn things round. I just hope we can do that one way or another, but I'm not sure this is quite the right time to be making a decision like this? I'll happily be wrong....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Five minutes before hearing this news I was reading how N.L wanted to stay on and turn things round. I just hope we can do that one way or another, but I'm not sure this is quite the right time to be making a decision like this? I'll happily be wrong....
He'll probably go on and get the Notts Forest job and win the UEFA Cup or something.... :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:35 pm

Iles retweeted you DSB!

Time for Lennon to go. Another dire chapter in BWFC's history has been closed, but maybe an even darker one is about to open, who knows :P

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:36 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Five minutes before hearing this news I was reading how N.L wanted to stay on and turn things round. I just hope we can do that one way or another, but I'm not sure this is quite the right time to be making a decision like this? I'll happily be wrong....
He's been terrible. Fallen out with half the players. Some of the younger players we would like to keep couldn't stand him so may have made keeping them harder.

It is the only possible decision. We've won 4 games all season.

4 games. Preston a side with no stars, no big names, show how, if well managed you can be greater than the sum of your parts.

We always have looked far less than the sum of ours.

Good riddance.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:39 pm

I wonder if it's a Megson type arrangement - keep paying him until the summer but keep him away from the gaffe. If we couldn't afford the Spearing clause I can't see how we could pay him off fully
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:40 pm

Good news. Nice and quick.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Open to fans who talked to him when he was around the club during the months of negotiations.

Clearly in public he had to maintain a professional veneer. But his quotes were very clearly laced with "no promises" "he has a good squad" etc etc.

Not open at all then. Thought so.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Not open at all then. Thought so.
Open would mean openly airing his thoughts prior to the takeover when people asked him.

It doesn't mean publically stating them through news channels or in an official capacity.

So yes, open.