Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:54 pm

After Sammy Lee, Megson, Coyle, Freedman and now Lennon, starting in league one expectations are the lowest they can ever be now. Who are we all fancying?

Mourinhio? Pearson? Keith Hillinhio? Sunbed? Redfearn? Deano to take it on like that Carlisle bloke? Jussi as player manager?
Last edited by officer_dibble on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by enrdentw » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:56 pm

Alan Stubbs?
Phil Brown?
How is Nolan getting on?

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:56 pm

We'll poach Brown from Southend and pay compensation.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:59 pm

Phil Brown makes most sense. Mates with Deano. Links to the club.

Knows league one. Doing very well at Southend on a budget. Only question I guess is whether we can afford to pay his compensation and whether he feels we are stable enough at this point for him to leave his current club.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:01 pm

Also, surprised nobody has mentioned Big Sam.....

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:03 pm

officer_dibble wrote:After Megson, Coyle, Freedman and now Lennon, starting in league one expectations are the lowest they can ever be now.
I do wish Lee wouldn't keep getting left out of that list of shame. His hasty and hubristic appointment was the start of this utter mess.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:03 pm

Someone we can afford (cheap) with a local connection.

Alan Ball?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:06 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:After Megson, Coyle, Freedman and now Lennon, starting in league one expectations are the lowest they can ever be now.
I do wish Lee wouldn't keep getting left out of that list of shame. His hasty and hubristic appointment was the start of this utter mess.
Forgot he existed
I'll edit

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:12 pm

We've got to get a good 'un sooner or later, haven't we?!

Phil Brown followed by Keith Hill would be my reckon on who is most likely, with the order reversed for who I'd prefer.

I'm going to regurgitate my left-field shout from last-time and tip Garry Flitcroft. Took Chorley to 2 promotions and a play-off final away from a 3rd, into the Conference. An unbelievable achievement. Resigned to help his own kid's career (with a pretty heavy subtext that he was sick of struggling about in non-league with no cash.) Local, free, good record and knowledge of lower leagues. I could see the arguments against experience-wise when we still had designs on getting back in the Prem.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:16 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:
Forgot he existed
I'll edit
:-D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:19 pm

Prufrock wrote:We've got to get a good 'un sooner or later, haven't we?!

Phil Brown followed by Keith Hill would be my reckon on who is most likely, with the order reversed for who I'd prefer.

I'm going to regurgitate my left-field shout from last-time and tip Garry Flitcroft. Took Chorley to 2 promotions and a play-off final away from a 3rd, into the Conference. An unbelievable achievement. Resigned to help his own kid's career (with a pretty heavy subtext that he was sick of struggling about in non-league with no cash.) Local, free, good record and knowledge of lower leagues. I could see the arguments against experience-wise when we still had designs on getting back in the Prem.
In my view we've fecked up not having a really experienced manager in. For me that has to be the minimum. Someone who has been around the block at league level and demonstrated know-how.

Flitcroft and the like are too risky. Like Coyle or Freedman. We need someone who knows their stuff and has proven their ability (as far as possible).

Keith Hill only seems to be able to do well at Rochdale.

I'd be happy with Brown myself.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:24 pm

Isn't he injured ??
Last edited by bobo the clown on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:24 pm

I reckon Sunbed as Manager in next week or so (as Jimmy only interim and he doesn't want the job long term - his own words) with Big Sam coming in as Director of football in the summer.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:29 pm

Prufrock wrote:We've got to get a good 'un sooner or later, haven't we?
The people who made the last five appointments won't be making this one, so there is a chance it will be a better appointment. But, given the field we'll probably attract, any appointment is going to have an element of risk attached.

As we've not done too well with managers with relatively little experience, I'd go for an old hand this time - ie Browny if Southend don't go up.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:32 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

Isn't he injured ??
Personally, I'm going to write him off because of "Garry" instead of "Gary"
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:33 pm

Sunbed is probably favourite. I'm not even going to look past him atm.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:37 pm

Andy Waller wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Isn't he injured ??
Personally, I'm going to write him off because of "Garry" instead of "Gary"
... & you KNOW I agree.

We must have standards.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:37 pm

Is Allardyce leavin Sunderland or summat? Confused as to why his name has come up!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:40 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Is Allardyce leavin Sunderland or summat? Confused as to why his name has come up!
Cos he came onto the pitch at the weekend innit....

And he was all pally with Deano.

And on the LOV podcast Iles said Allardyce advised Deano whilst he was putting the bid together.

No chance of him coming back unless Sunderland sacked him I suppose, but we can dream!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:43 pm

This is going to be good. We still have no money and, Woolery apart, no direct strikers, can't afford to play Spearing, Clough off-form, our sub "strikers" (can you really call them anything else?), are Heskey, Madine and Dobbie, we have an ex-player as chief honcho, owner and now no manager (well, an eight game caretaker) . There you go Insaney, just what the doctor ordered. Like Mr Dylan said, "You just wanna be on the side that's winning".. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?