Lennon gone - official

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:27 pm

fatshaft wrote:Haven't been on since popcorn teeth was appointed, some seemed not too keen on my opinion he was utter horse, it gives me no pleasure to say I told ye.

Fair play to him for the payment of staff from his own pocket, otherwise a total arse of a man.
You were right about his managerial capabilities.
As well as the staff thing he did a lot of good PR (public relations not player relations!) and community stuff while here. Came across very well early on. Imagine Megson doing that? Having said all that Megson would probably have kept us up and that's what really counts when judging a manager.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:28 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
wigan white wrote: Now don't get me wrong but surely a chairman would tell the manager he has no money to spend before he allows him to talk to a player for a week and get to the point of almost signing him
I might be like me & the Mrs. If I vetoed every dress, coat, pair of shoes she expressed an interest in then I'd do bugger-all else when in town. I only REALLY express a proper view of the ones she seems like progressing. Even that is muted until I think she means it. Up to then I stick with "mmmm..... yes ...... aaaah .....".

It saves a lot of time ... and angst.
Absolutely this, but also with a dollop of PG having other things on his mind at the time to be on top of cash flow.

Lennon has not had an easy ride and I do feel sorry for him in some ways, but...he hasn't come close to making proper use of what he had and he seems to fall out with/berate players in public. He deserves to go.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Knew this would happen. Holdsworth was open about not rating Lennon welll before the takeover happened.

It is the right decision. Timing a bit odd, but shows some serious intent as I assume they've found the money to pay him off.

of course you did!! :lol:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:55 pm

so - "mutual consent" - what does that actually mean? Does it mean we are still paying him squillions to pay off his contract - or - if he is agreeing to go - we're not sacking him... or does it mean they've done a deal to not pay him as much as he might have been paid if he didn't consent?

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:59 pm

thebish wrote:so - "mutual consent" - what does that actually mean? Does it mean we are still paying him squillions to pay off his contract - or - if he is agreeing to go - we're not sacking him... or does it mean they've done a deal to not pay him as much as he might have been paid if he didn't consent?
I usually take "mutual Consent" (althought I may be wrong) to mean, they've come to a deal about how much they'll pay the exitee, rather than having to sack them and argue about compensation. I'm guessing his leaving fee is 2 x "Panic Fanny" t-shirts and access to the mobile phone numbers of a few slappers from the Chorley new Road area and a lifetimes membership to Fannys Bar :twisted:

JJ4bwfc92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JJ4bwfc92 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:09 pm

wigan white wrote:
thebish wrote:so - "mutual consent" - what does that actually mean? Does it mean we are still paying him squillions to pay off his contract - or - if he is agreeing to go - we're not sacking him... or does it mean they've done a deal to not pay him as much as he might have been paid if he didn't consent?
I usually take "mutual Consent" (althought I may be wrong) to mean, they've come to a deal about how much they'll pay the exitee, rather than having to sack them and argue about compensation. I'm guessing his leaving fee is 2 x "Panic Fanny" t-shirts and access to the mobile phone numbers of a few slappers from the Chorley new Road area and a lifetimes membership to Fannys Bar :twisted:
Really not even a pie for the road?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:09 pm

delighted by the news. i also like that whoever the new bloke is he will get plenty of games to assess his squad before the summer, determine who can stay, who can go, and where we need to recruit etc... they wont be expected to keep us up but a few wins will be a bonus... thats assuming Jimmy isnt in the running and he's just been asked to fill in till end of the season. not regretting buying that Brentford away ticket so much now...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:35 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:delighted by the news. i also like that whoever the new bloke is he will get plenty of games to assess his squad before the summer, determine who can stay, who can go, and where we need to recruit etc... they wont be expected to keep us up but a few wins will be a bonus... thats assuming Jimmy isnt in the running and he's just been asked to fill in till end of the season. not regretting buying that Brentford away ticket so much now...
I think we're close enough to the end of the season - and in such a hopeless league position - that it's worth waiting for the summer. I doubt there'll be many suitable managers jumping into permanent positions right now.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:30 pm

Lennon gets to walk away,without a relegation on his cv! Mjalby appears,now to have been the backbone of any success he,ll claim to have had whilst here.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:17 pm

In the rush to congratulate SS, has anyone considered that Lennon may have been the instigator? You know, like "Deano, i'm well f*cked off with this, hows about doing a deal? "
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:34 pm

I think thats about right - been dragged in to be told we're loaning players out, cant play spearing, and he's walked. Either a clever move to avoid compo or SS have feck all cash! Jimmys playing the kids...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:38 pm

officer_dibble wrote:I think thats about right - been dragged in to be told we're loaning players out, cant play spearing, and he's walked. Either a clever move to avoid compo or SS have feck all cash! Jimmys playing the kids...
As if he's walked without a pay off.

More like they've told him to feck off when he started moaning. Gravy train stops here.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:40 pm

I dunno mate. We'd all like the facts.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:45 pm

officer_dibble wrote:I dunno mate. We'd all like the facts.
Clearly not true, some would like to carry on with complete speculation that fits their answer.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:48 pm

I really hope Lennon did walk without being pushed, if that makes it cheaper. Sounds like we've not even got a pot to piss in, perhaps not even the cardboard box that the pot came in.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:59 pm

Just speculating that if we'd sacked him we might have used a phrase something like "we've sacked him".
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:06 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Just speculating that if we'd sacked him we might have used a phrase something like "we've sacked him".
The "Skysports" bloke outside the Macron said earlier that it wasn't mutual but that Lennon had been sacked?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:19 pm

Same principle as not disclosing transfer dealings...keeps us inthe dark.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:24 pm

I just think it means they've come to an agreement for him to leave without litigation or extended compensation haggling. So not technically sacked as that would involve a big payoff, rather a mutual agreement that avoids that but gives him a bit more than he might get after we are relegated. If they asked him if he'd prefer to leave now with a bit of cash rather than flog a dead horse for 4-5 games before being booted anyway for a lesser sum I reckon he'd be daft not to take it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:28 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Just speculating that if we'd sacked him we might have used a phrase something like "we've sacked him".
Mutual consent means an agreement over the terms of the exit was reached. Football clubs rarely use the term 'sacked'. Usually parted company or left after mutual agreement.