Tired excuses..

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Tired excuses..

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:56 am

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... heir_toll/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Poor Darren is drained bless him.

I've said all season they're unfit. I'd say next season, as important as the new manager, we need a whole new backroom.

Looking at most of them, there's no-one who "looks" like a footballer.

As for Heskey's paunch, that just about sums it up...
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Tired excuses..

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:01 pm

Andy Waller wrote:http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... heir_toll/

I've said all season they're unfit. I'd say next season, as important as the new manager, we need a whole new backroom.

As for Heskey's paunch, that just about sums it up
Who could possibly forget Mighty Mouse, from Roy of the Rovers?

My sorta footballer...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:20 pm

Three words Pratley

Just fcuk off!
Last edited by Hoboh on Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:43 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

My sorta footballer...
Looks like Mard Davies...

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:38 pm

Andy Waller wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

My sorta footballer...
Looks like Mard Davies...
Is that meant to be Mark or Lard?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:57 pm

Is Pratley really saying that the players were drained by off the field events? Is he really saying that affected them?

Were they up all night worrying about the club? Of course not.

It is yet another convenient excuse for their own shortcomings and failure. Just like every year since relegation.

They have had managers who let them hide behind excuses too. If the off field problems genuinely were a problem Darren, why since the takeover have you failed to improve?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Is Pratley really saying that the players were drained by off the field events? Is he really saying that affected them?

It is yet another convenient excuse for their own shortcomings and failure. Just like every year since relegation.

They have had managers who let them hide behind excuses too. If the off field problems genuinely were a problem Darren, why since the takeover have you failed to improve?
I told you many, many moons ago the physical training at Bolton was shite, remember back packs of bricks up Winter Hill?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:33 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

My sorta footballer...
Or, indeed, Tubby Morton?! :D

May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:49 pm

Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Is Pratley really saying that the players were drained by off the field events? Is he really saying that affected them?

I told you many, many moons ago the physical training at Bolton was shite, remember back packs of bricks up Winter Hill?
We didn't do that with Allardyce. Probably more Megson's style. I agree we aren't fit enough though I think we lack many players with real engines. That is one major problem.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:03 pm

Darren Pratley has had 'a real engine'.

It's his only discernible skill!
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:26 pm

I think that the team is certainly unfit - the players are normally blowing out of their arses after 20 mins, which apart from being shit footballers is why they struggle to play for 45mins never mind 90mins.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:They have had managers who let them hide behind excuses too. If the off field problems genuinely were a problem Darren, why since the takeover have you failed to improve?
Maybe its because that as soon as the takeover happened the situation behind the scenes didn't improve.

The new ownership within a short period of time:

1) Didn't manage to sort out a deal for Spearing to play
2) Offloaded Liam Feeney to Ipswich
3) Got rid of Lennon

Now i'm not saying that what the club have done is wrong but if you were a player clutching at straws and those things happened despite the takeover then you wouldn't be thinking 'our saviours have arrived'. You would be thinking the club has pretty much came out and said that its in such a state where relegation is inevitable so no further support will be given.

Hopefully positivity will come in the future but at the time the players confidence was shot and any sort of lift in confidence was also taken away. Hardly awe inspiring from a staff point of view.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:12 am

Not getting paid on time gave them an excuse for being lazy disinterested wankers is perhaps what Darren means?

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:19 am

Pratley and his fellow team mates should have been good enough to have remained in the Championship. It's nothing to do with so called talent, it's about organisation, coaching, motivation and leadership. From the top down we've had people who were bad at heir jobs. We've had squads in that time who were fine for the level they were at, but who were totally wasted in roles and systems that didn't suit them.

Vasco da gama
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Vasco da gama » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:59 am

Funny isn't it that down at Northampton Town they faced a very similar situation to Bolton Wanderers in so much as they received a winding up order from HMRC and were days from going out of business before the former Oxford Director came in to pay the bills. Since then the £2k per week players have won 20 out of 26 games culminating in their promotion last weekend.

Our lot captained by tired £18k per week DP have managed to lose every away game and most of their home games over the same period 19 games lost from the last 26 games.

Northampton Town showed their fighting spirit our lot showed their weak, shameless,' happy to lose' mentality week after week. Expect more of the losers to come out with the same excuses this week followed up by more holiday snapshots of them on facebook !! Sickening

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:12 am

Vasco da gama wrote:Funny isn't it that down at Northampton Town they faced a very similar situation to Bolton Wanderers in so much as they received a winding up order from HMRC and were days from going out of business before the former Oxford Director came in to pay the bills. Since then the £2k per week players have won 20 out of 26 games culminating in their promotion last weekend.

Our lot captained by tired £18k per week DP have managed to lose every away game and most of their home games over the same period 19 games lost from the last 26 games.

Northampton Town showed their fighting spirit our lot showed their weak, shameless,' happy to lose' mentality week after week. Expect more of the losers to come out with the same excuses this week followed up by more holiday snapshots of them on facebook !! Sickening
Excellent post....

Our players are just a bunch of pathetic, soft as shite, vastly overpaid wankers, including Pratley (who's as weak, gutless & pathetic as the rest) - I don't want any of these 'so called' senior players anywhere near the club next season, they are an absolute disgrace !

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:23 am

Athertonian wrote:Pratley and his fellow team mates should have been good enough to have remained in the Championship. It's nothing to do with so called talent, it's about organisation, coaching, motivation and leadership. From the top down we've had people who were bad at heir jobs. We've had squads in that time who were fine for the level they were at, but who were totally wasted in roles and systems that didn't suit them.
Whilst there is truth here, we've also not got the right blend. There are significant gaps in what we've got compared to what we need.

For the past few seasons we have really lacked a dominant central midfield player. Someone who can lock the middle of the pitch down who has an engine and wins the ball back. None of our players fit the bill here.

We also have very few goals, historically and actually throughout the team. Our attacking midfield players haven't a great scoring history. Our strikers..well....

We are broadly reliant on young Zach Clough scoring because if he doesn't (with Feeney gone) there aren't many others you'd back. It was apparent at the start of the season we were light on goals throughout. You don't need a 20 goal a season striker. Not everyone has one, but you do need goals throughout the side. We haven't got that. It needs changing next season.

If we had that central midfield man plus a couple of players who'd chip in with 10 goals each we'd be miles better off. And the likes of Pratley and Moxey etc would like considerably better in that situation imo.

The players have been cowardly and spineless and haven't shown up. But again I think the character in the squad is not right. Where are the leaders and battlers?

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:23 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Athertonian wrote:Pratley and his fellow team mates should have been good enough to have remained in the Championship. It's nothing to do with so called talent, it's about organisation, coaching, motivation and leadership. From the top down we've had people who were bad at heir jobs. We've had squads in that time who were fine for the level they were at, but who were totally wasted in roles and systems that didn't suit them.
Whilst there is truth here, we've also not got the right blend. There are significant gaps in what we've got compared to what we need.

For the past few seasons we have really lacked a dominant central midfield player. Someone who can lock the middle of the pitch down who has an engine and wins the ball back. None of our players fit the bill here.

We also have very few goals, historically and actually throughout the team. Our attacking midfield players haven't a great scoring history. Our strikers..well....

We are broadly reliant on young Zach Clough scoring because if he doesn't (with Feeney gone) there aren't many others you'd back. It was apparent at the start of the season we were light on goals throughout. You don't need a 20 goal a season striker. Not everyone has one, but you do need goals throughout the side. We haven't got that. It needs changing next season.

If we had that central midfield man plus a couple of players who'd chip in with 10 goals each we'd be miles better off. And the likes of Pratley and Moxey etc would like considerably better in that situation imo.

The players have been cowardly and spineless and haven't shown up. But again I think the character in the squad is not right. Where are the leaders and battlers?
This is the problem though, I'd say Pratley puts effort in, but because he's not talented in a football sense, he's chasing shadows.

He's never going to be a leader because, how can you lead people who know what you're being paid and can see that you've absolutely nothing to back it up with??

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:22 pm

I'm not entirely comfortable with the 'Our players are spineless' argument. I do think our squad was good enough for mid table, perhaps with the addition of a half decent striker, but for me, our tactics and team selections this year have been absolutely baffling. Lennon was given far too long and ultimately, the relegation is down to him. Yes, senior players should have stood up more, but if we had converted just 10% more of the chances we created, I'm sure we wouldn't be down and out. Relegation is down to more than one causal factor, but for me the biggest was poor management, both in and out of match time.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:26 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I'm not entirely comfortable with the 'Our players are spineless' argument. I do think our squad was good enough for mid table, perhaps with the addition of a half decent striker, but for me, our tactics and team selections this year have been absolutely baffling. Lennon was given far too long and ultimately, the relegation is down to him. Yes, senior players should have stood up more, but if we had converted just 10% more of the chances we created, I'm sure we wouldn't be down and out. Relegation is down to more than one causal factor, but for me the biggest was poor management, both in and out of match time.
Lennon was poor agreed. But the players have done the same thing each manager. Play well for a while under the new guy, show they are capable, then drop off and blame the manager or external factors.

They are weak mentally in my view and don't want to take responsibility.