Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 26, 2016 9:38 am

Prufrock wrote:Adkins
Powell
Coterill
Evans

For me.
Not disagreeing, just asking: is that a personal, "taste" thing? If Evans was a nice bloke with the same record, would you feel the same?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu May 26, 2016 10:01 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:I don't understand the last sentence at all....... :conf:
BWFCi's last sentence, or that weird closing quote in the BN?
Ken said rather than wrote:I spoke to one of the staff yesterday about one of the names and he sounded disappointed – but then would we say no to Jose Mourinho if he wanted the job?
Presumably meaning being sacked from your last job doesn't necessarily make you a bad manager. I wonder who 'one of the staff' is? Deano probably!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 26, 2016 10:05 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:I don't understand the last sentence at all....... :conf:
BWFCi's last sentence, or that weird closing quote in the BN?
Ken said rather than wrote:I spoke to one of the staff yesterday about one of the names and he sounded disappointed – but then would we say no to Jose Mourinho if he wanted the job?
Presumably meaning being sacked from your last job doesn't necessarily make you a bad manager. I wonder who 'one of the staff' is? Deano probably!
Reid? Jiminho? I imagine Chris Powell might tweak Jimmy's leftback-jealousy.... :D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu May 26, 2016 10:08 am

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1451 ... iscontent/

Super John is gravely concerned. Not just on here then.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu May 26, 2016 10:09 am

Andy Gray's big-boned brother for me. And then I can launch my Evans Knows I'm Miserable Now leisureware range.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu May 26, 2016 10:10 am

Oh and Owen Coyle is looking for work. Anyone?

That's all of our last 4 managers currently seeking employment. The graveyard of managerial dreams.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 26, 2016 12:31 pm

Football's a business. Whilst Anderson's money is elsewhere it's probably earning interest for him. Once he transfers it over it will be a case of who gets it first. I see that as the main business reason for not handing it over till somebody cuts the briefcase off his wrist.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Powell
Coterill
Evans

For me.
Who's dropping bread crumbs for Evans? :wink:

I agree with this. I would have a longer line of bread crumbs though.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 26, 2016 1:12 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:BN piece is live. Anderson speaks. It seems he doesn't want Reid. Front runners now Steve Cotterill, Chris Powell and Nigel Adkins, all interviewed yesterday. One other is currently employed and in probably related news we may also be keeping tabs on the Steve Evans situation.
Interviewed by Ken alone it sounds. Perhaps he's stuck his cash in to get the casting vote?

Don't fancy Powell. Other two would do.

:D ha!

Anderson hasn't put his money in - boooooooooooooo!
Anderson has put his money in - but only to get what he wants - booooooooooooooooo!

(didn't Anderson say the money was available when it was needed? That could also be what happened, no?)
Where am I booing? So long as they're getting on with it, no problem. They are at least interviewing managers with relative experience.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 26, 2016 1:20 pm

Powell
Coterill
Evans

For me.
Not disagreeing, just asking: is that a personal, "taste" thing? If Evans was a nice bloke with the same record, would you feel the same?
Mainly, can't stand the cnut. If his record was miles better than everyone else's I'd be prepared to suck it up, but I don't think it's toooo bad a field. Purely on record I'd probably have Evans second sneaking above Powell and Coterill but comfortably behind Nigel Weirdo Adkins, for whom my colours are now firmly nailed to the mast.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu May 26, 2016 1:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:BN piece is live. Anderson speaks. It seems he doesn't want Reid. Front runners now Steve Cotterill, Chris Powell and Nigel Adkins, all interviewed yesterday. One other is currently employed and in probably related news we may also be keeping tabs on the Steve Evans situation.
Interviewed by Ken alone it sounds. Perhaps he's stuck his cash in to get the casting vote?

Anderson has put his money in - but only to get what he wants - booooooooooooooooo!

(didn't Anderson say the money was available when it was needed? That could also be what happened, no?)
Where am I booing? So long as they're getting on with it, no problem. They are at least interviewing managers with relative experience.
Surely none of this can be true - how can we have interviewed the likes of Adkins, Powell, Cotterill when Anderson isn't to be trusted, he and DH have fallen out, they never communicate, KA's not put his money in yet, we couldn't even afford to keep Maher & Thelkeld, reality is biting, the players haven't been paid for July yet !! no manager would be interested whilst we are in a transfer embargo, no sign of us ever getting the embargo lifted, we can't even afford Hill & Sheridan.....

BTW I thought according to Iles the 4 man shortlist was Reid, Adkins, Redfearn & Steve Thompson ?, and that it must be true because Iles gets his information directly from DH

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 26, 2016 2:40 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Powell
Coterill
Evans

For me.
Mainly, can't stand the cnut. If his record was miles better than everyone else's I'd be prepared to suck it up, but I don't think it's toooo bad a field. Purely on record I'd probably have Evans second sneaking above Powell and Coterill but comfortably behind Nigel Weirdo Adkins, for whom my colours are now firmly nailed to the mast.
Yeah, reasonable enough. I might be coming round to Cotterill a bit - that title-winning Bristol City side (2015) got 99 points and 96 goals, and you have to take your hat off to what he did at Notts County five years before: took over in Feb with them in 7th, romped to the Fourth Division title; under him they played 18 games, W14 D3 L1, F40 A6. That doesn't sound like dull functional football (maybe that comes later in the higher leagues?) - and most intriguingly, at County he was effectively doing it with someone else's players, which is the sign of someone who can coach as well as purchase, something which will be important to us.

Cotterill might still make me nervous but I think I might be persuading myself he's up there with Adkins. Evans I don't hate as much as most. Powell seems a nice bloke but might be lacking the clout of others. And Iles says Ken hints mysteriously at a couple of others... not that we believe everything we read in the papers as it's all bollocks.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 26, 2016 2:52 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Surely none of this can be true - how can we have interviewed the likes of Adkins, Powell, Cotterill when Anderson isn't to be trusted, he and DH have fallen out, they never communicate, KA's not put his money in yet, we couldn't even afford to keep Maher & Thelkeld, reality is biting, the players haven't been paid for July yet !! no manager would be interested whilst we are in a transfer embargo, no sign of us ever getting the embargo lifted, we can't even afford Hill & Sheridan.....

BTW I thought according to Iles the 4 man shortlist was Reid, Adkins, Redfearn & Steve Thompson ?, and that it must be true because Iles gets his information directly from DH
Firstly you can't put any store in this more positive story given the source surely? But as Iles says he is still getting mixed messages from the two owners. But seemingly things are at least moving.

IF they're getting on with it, then however that is happening then great. The proof will be when things that need to happen actually do.

Right now there are plenty of genuinely concerned people around the club. But the news today was more positive so lets hope, whatever is/was going on that things get sorted. As I said there is still time to salvage this but as McGinlay points out we're probably already missing out on the best free transfers in terms of the market.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 26, 2016 2:56 pm

That BN article....quotes Chris Powell as being one of the front runners....then quotes Anderson saying that all the contenders as having promotions under their belt....well as far as I can tell, Powell hasn't?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 26, 2016 3:04 pm

Worthy4England wrote:That BN article....quotes Chris Powell as being one of the front runners....then quotes Anderson saying that all the contenders as having promotions under their belt....well as far as I can tell, Powell hasn't?
Charlton were third-tier champions in his first full season

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 26, 2016 3:24 pm

Oh :oops:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu May 26, 2016 3:38 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Oh :oops:

C'mon stat man. You've had 'mare there. :mrgreen:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 26, 2016 3:51 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

I think Worthy's spend the day working his way through his 'legal high' stash ahead of the ruling. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 26, 2016 3:55 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
I think Worthy's spend the day working his way through his 'legal high' stash ahead of the ruling. :D
ICANTFEELMYFACE

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 26, 2016 3:57 pm

How did you know? :-)